Roaming Mesmer builds

captrowdy.9561

3 hours ago, Ixl Super Eu Ixl.3259 said:

I mean just consider all Mesmer builds but the one you play less relevant as a defense mechanism. 🤷‍♂️ A bit like saying you're the best fighter but only ever participating in Karate tournaments. Then you get taken down in a real fight and all you do is scream "this guy isn't good because he doesn't do it like me!" 

Considering I didn't even said which build I play... Dom/duel/Illu/chrono/mirage/virt, gives 10 possible build combinations.
Better analogy would be arms and legs ampute but with body covered in pillows going into a karate tournament. - that's inspiration/chaos power mesmers

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 8/4/2023 at 7:38 PM, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

What does it matter who the person is? As I said dueled every known mesmer, only couldn't win against Jazz.

Thats the most BS reason to call someone the best. 

Unknown somebody/nobody who claim he dueled every mesmer and couldnt win against one. You dont even know if its true, which builds they used (this somebody/nobody as well), stats, on which conditions/place they "dueled". 

5 hours ago, Ixl Super Eu Ixl.3259 said:

I mean just consider all Mesmer builds but the one you play less relevant as a defense mechanism. 🤷‍♂️ A bit like saying you're the best fighter but only ever participating in Karate tournaments. Then you get taken down in a real fight and all you do is scream "this guy isn't good because he doesn't do it like me!" 

Not all, some builds I consider lame/degen, braindead easy and effective, therefore ppl who use it are just carried by the build and its hard to tell "good" players from the bad. On power suicide glass cannon, you can see if he folds instantly or not , also overall it depends on the MU. /shrug

3 minutes ago, semak.7481 said:

Thats the most BS reason to call someone the best. 

Unknown somebody/nobody who claim he dueled every mesmer and couldnt win against one. You dont even know if its true, which builds they used (this somebody/nobody as well), stats, on which conditions/place they "dueled". 

You know him as well.
Rules were both had to play the same build.

Just now, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

You know him as well.
Rules were both had to play the same build.

I wont know him until you tell me.

At the same time, I know a guy who actually fought every mesmer including Jazz and he has a very bad opinion about Jazz but calls me the best mesmer (mechanically, even I'm practically not playing compared to how much I did in the past), still just an opinions

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, semak.7481 said:

I wont know him until you tell me.

At the same time, I know a guy who actually fought every mesmer including Jazz and he has a very bad opinion about Jazz but calls me the best mesmer (mechanically, even I'm practically not playing compared to how much I did in the past), still just an opinions

I already told you sometime ago on game.

12 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Unknown somebody/nobody who claim

12 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

At the same time, I know a guy who 

This thread is pure comedy, why you both don't just reveal the names of the someones who said something-something about someone somewhere sometimes? xD

I would understand when the trashtalker doesn't want his reveal since he might run in danger that he has to backup his trashtalk what he might can't. Also having a very bad opinion about Jazz's skill lvl reveals it quite obvious as some subjective thing. The best mesmer or not, she is for sure very good and that is not an opinion, everyone who is able to analyze gameplay (i did that also ingame not only on Youtube) can tell. 

But i do not understand why it is a problem to reveal a name from someone saying something positive about someone else? Quite refreshing in this gw2 toxic land and nothing he has to be ashamed of. Or is being not toxic something bad these days? 

I am a player of the old days, had to stop during s3, while still following all mesmer/thief content on twitch and youtube to these days. Lately came back for a bit but already losing interest in playing myself again before even fully derusting. I know Jazz from before she even started to youtube. She taught me mes back then and i became pretty good myself. I made similar experiences when duelling other known mesmers. I met almost all of them, camping duel server and spots in PvP and WvW in NA and EU very hard back then. Remember some of the old names like Mime, Xyron, Tex, Voldemint but also some mechanical pretty good WvW mesmer as Jozilla, Thalia Nuru, Feint Fate, Vashury. And a lot more. And played legend division vs. esl player (Frostball, Misha, Helseth, Drazeh Zeromis, Subcutie etc.) too.  When it comes to power mes Jazz is top notch, has an insane knowledge and understanding of the game as a whole and mesmer in particular and is pretty selfless, she teaches and helps ppl without asking for money and doesn't do it for fame but to help the game and the community (Shorts wants not gold but even real money for teaching in current days for a very dead game lmao, no offense i like Shorts stream).  Clearly the last person deserves any trashtalk.

The topic is not Jazz, it is what builds are good for a beginner. And even tho i agree to Lincolnbeard about Jazz and about Inspiration and Chaos, they are still good traitlines to start with. You will not learn when you are perma dead. But there will be a point, where they will prevent you from improving if you never play without them, because you will not feel your mistakes that much. I recommend to switch away from inspiration/ chaos the moment you get comfortable with your binds and with the class and know what other classes do. Jazz power builds i would never recommend since they are a bit meme in a way that they tend to make life unnecessary hard and are only impactful when played very well.  

You can watch Jazz and Shorts for good guides and gameplay but outside of Inspiration/Chaos builds, Short's and Rip's power builds are the next easiest you should go for when you improved enough to go more squishy. For example double stealth utility (or Mirror Images instead one stealth as Shorts plays lately), moa, pistol offhand power chrono will make it easy for you to land your burst, even when you are a bit slow at first. While you also have good defense/ burst cover while being aggressive but also good disengage if needed.

Edited by doozer.7063
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, doozer.7063 said:

This thread is pure comedy, why you both don't just reveal the names of the someones who said something-something about someone somewhere sometimes? xD

Point went over your head and these who spammed confusion emotes :classic_laugh:

The one who is he talkin about has twisted/biased opinion about who is the best, so its a meme at best. 

I would understand when the trashtalker doesn't want his reveal since he might run in danger that he has to backup his trashtalk what he might can't. Also having a very bad opinion about Jazz's skill lvl reveals it quite obvious as some subjective thing. The best mesmer or not, she is for sure very good and that is not an opinion, everyone who is able to analyze gameplay (i did that also ingame not only on Youtube) can tell. 

I do know him and he plays really good. I dont have to question his skill level if you mean this.I know my class inside out, so I'm not impressed with any youtube montage/videos.

He did play wvw a lot and know alot of about other wvw'ers, so I think there has to be a reason for him to have such opinion. 

I never said Jazz is bad.

I met almost all of them, camping duel server and spots in PvP and WvW in NA and EU very hard back then

Good for you. But when I met most of them, they didnt make any lasting impression(in the games you dont blindly focus/duel other mesmer, especially if they are on condi bunker buils, that what they have played the mot because of the meta, playing greatsword means you were about to throw). 

Your wvw youtubers were pretty easy win, then someone whisper "that was youtuber!" - my reaction, o rly? So whenever someone say "hes youtuber, hes good" makes me eyeroll, truth be told they didnt want to duel more than just 1-2 times, I wonder if its to save their fragile ego from more losses. Just an example, I did roam SOMETIMES, clapped some youtuber guardian, he whispered me tons of insults and threatened to hunt me down every time I go wvw and blocked, never seen him since tho :classic_laugh:

P.S I was mostly duelling but duel servers were awfully full and full of autoclickers, duelled Voldi 24/7 (very kind and cool person, love him) and some other friends

I think you might be following me for years, I wanted to ask if I know him but perma invis, might check if I wont forget, once I get away from BG3 :DDDDD

Edited by semak.7481

On 8/8/2023 at 8:11 AM, semak.7481 said:

Point went over your head and these who spammed confusion emotes :classic_laugh:

The one who is he talkin about has twisted/biased opinion about who is the best, so its a meme at best. 

I do know him and he plays really good. I dont have to question his skill level if you mean this.I know my class inside out, so I'm not impressed with any youtube montage/videos.

He did play wvw a lot and know alot of about other wvw'ers, so I think there has to be a reason for him to have such opinion. 

I never said Jazz is bad.

Good for you. But when I met most of them, they didnt make any lasting impression(in the games you dont blindly focus/duel other mesmer, especially if they are on condi bunker buils, that what they have played the mot because of the meta, playing greatsword means you were about to throw). 

Your wvw youtubers were pretty easy win, then someone whisper "that was youtuber!" - my reaction, o rly? So whenever someone say "hes youtuber, hes good" makes me eyeroll, truth be told they didnt want to duel more than just 1-2 times, I wonder if its to save their fragile ego from more losses. Just an example, I did roam SOMETIMES, clapped some youtuber guardian, he whispered me tons of insults and threatened to hunt me down every time I go wvw and blocked, never seen him since tho :classic_laugh:

P.S I was mostly duelling but duel servers were awfully full and full of autoclickers, duelled Voldi 24/7 (very kind and cool person, love him) and some other friends

I think you might be following me for years, I wanted to ask if I know him but perma invis, might check if I wont forget, once I get away from BG3 :DDDDD

Just to make that clear: I did not give you a confuse emote. It also did not went over my head, i just had to smile over you and Lincolnbeard that you both quote someone you do not want to name (while you also blame Lincolnbeard for not naming what is double standard in that regard). It is just annoying to follow both of you when you don't at least name the ppl you were quoting. And also funny because the topic of this thread is not Jazz, so i felt a bit sorry for the op and tried to add something to the topic. 

In the end you both just add second hand opinions from some un-named ppl so no one can varify any of those. I thought i add my first hand experience to add some sense here. 

I never said that you said Jazz is bad but the person you quoted obviously did say that. I do not question the persons skill lvl you quoted, since i do not know who it is. But i saw ppl trashtalking other ppl for such weird reasons while trying to make it look reasonable, that i do not listen to second hand trashtalk. I also do not listen to second hand simping, at least not if i don't know the person is saying that and even then i still check myself to built my own opinion. 

There are a lot of bad youtube player indeed but when you check their footage you can see that. Even in case they collect 1 year to get 8 mins of wins vs not total noobs you still can see their lack in skill. 

The WvW mesmers i named (Feint, Vashury etc) were at least pretty decent (for example way better than youtuber like Lugolix, Tsuki Yomi, Faith Navi, Diverse and others at best mid tier homies you find on youtube) and played greatsword power mes not condi, not semi inspi bunker or such crap. If you are better than them fine for you. Never said they are even remotely close to someone like Jazz. If you are a very good old mesmer player yourself i might even rememeber you but your name was not Semak back then. You changed account name i guess?

Yes Voldemint was nice and very good. Most mesmer mains have quite some ego running, more than good for them tbh, but Voldemint was one of the few you felt good to duel even when losing a duel. He would not trashtalk you ever in your back after that. Was quite an experience when i was still practicing my mesmer coming from playing thief first.

Yes the good old autoclicker times. I used it too tbh. Shame on me 

I don't understand your last sentence.

?

Edited by doozer.7063
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, doozer.7063 said:

But i do not understand why it is a problem to reveal a name from someone saying something positive about someone else? Quite refreshing in this gw2 toxic land and nothing he has to be ashamed of. Or is being not toxic something bad these days? 

Will not say a name without his consent. It's not someone known.

Glad you said a lot of mesmer names, couldn't remember the other one that this dude said was also good - Thalia. I don't know him/her tho.

Edited by Lincolnbeard.1735

2 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Will not say a name without his consent. It's not someone known.

Glad you said a lot of mesmer names, couldn't remember the other one that this dude said was also good - Thalia. I don't know him/her tho.

Still feels weird to quote ppl without giving the source. If ppl tell me something without asking me to keep it private i feel free to tell. In particular in this case where he didn't say anything compromising. But i understand your reasons and can respect it. 

Does not matter if he is famous or not tho. Fame is not an indicator for having a well grounded opinion or for how skilled and knowledgeable someone is. More so since most known ppl in GW2 are toxic and/ or wintraders xD

• Like 1