Mister E in SOTO?

Dark Red Killian.3946

Wouldn't bet on it and tbh I wouldn't want a character who was exclusively tied to Krytan politics to suddenly be secretly some world protector from otherworldly forces. As much as I'd want E's identity to be revealed finally, I think it would be better revealed in the blogpost's teased plots:

and some of them are playing crucial roles in rebuilding the world. Kasmeer and Jory, recently engaged, have established positions in the Krytan political system. Crecia and Rytlock are facing the Khan-Ur election— and heck, they’ve got a lot to cope with following The Icebrood Saga. Taimi is burrowed in Joon’s lab, solving every crisis she possibly can with our Canthan inventors. Gorrik and Rama have the agency, and Braham is probably thriving in some much-needed therapy.
[...]
Beyond that, Tyria has a lot of healing to do. The sylvari need to recover from the events of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns; the charr and norn are on the mend following The Icebrood Saga. Cantha has been revealed to the world. Heck, the Pact needs a new purpose.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/after-the-dragon-cycle/

Of course the only one directly tied in is the comment of Kasmeer and Jory (???) having positions in the Krytan political system now. But there's room with the other plots hinted, and if we ever do get that Ihn visiting Jennah moment on-screen. Kinda weird that sylvari haven't recovered after eight years but plot threads be plot threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah. I wondered about this as well. But the blog/news post hinting at further story stuff ... probably means that they might use this for other small stories later. I can also see the mesmer collective + Kasmeer getting some stories. And I think Doern (someone talked about him in another thread about SotO) is just a normal Canthan and they forgot about him. Not a Wizard lol. (That would be too far-fetched / sudden.)

I assume E will be back at some point and I hope one day we find out who they are, but they only seem to concern themselves with Krytan politics so unless the new story especially affects the Krytan government I doubt they'll come into it.

Maybe at some point we'll find out more about what Marjory and Kasmeer are doing (besides wedding planning) and it will involve E.

21 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

We don't even know whether it's a Mr. or a Mrs., do we? 😉 In any case, I hope the topic will get picked up eventually... and finally resolved! 😄

Kasmeer calls E "the mysterious Mister E" but it's unclear if she knows E's gender or was just making the name into a pun.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

We don't even know whether it's a Mr. or a Mrs., do we? 😉 In any case, I hope the topic will get picked up eventually... and finally resolved! 😄

Well in the short story, E is described as having "a deep voice". Usually this means masculine voice, and since it was right up in Marjory's ear I imagine she'd be able to tell if it's masculine or feminine sounding, but I guess ArenaNet can always play the unreliable narrator on that short story, proclaim it was mesmer magic masking the voice, or even simply forget that line exists.

Kasmeer does say in later LWS1 that they technically don't know if E is male or female, but given that E straight up grabs Marjory and talks to her, it's pretty likely she does and the Mister E nickname isn't just to pun off of "Mystery".

• Like 2