Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

13 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

you can get them with astral acclaim

He knows that. He's asking how his progress in the current system, which is close to the big reward, will transfer into the new system. Or will he start the new system from scratch and lose all progress?

Edited by hurp.9851
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

worth is subjective.

No. No it is not. 

There is a definitive, objective, value of what 1 of a thing works out to be.  

The value of 1 laurel, for instance, is known.  You can look it up at any time.   The value of 1 mystic coin is known.  The value of 1 bloodstone dust, at any point in time, is 100% known. 

The relative value of 1 gold to any item in the game purchasable with gold, is, at any point, known. 

Furthermore, the thing asked originally was "Is the value of 140 wizarding world of floating nonsense points (dealing ONLY with the wwfnp that come from daily logins and not "well, if you sneeze in the wind you can get more trololol")  worth the same buying power as what 28 days of logging in is currently worth".  

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Mor The Thief.9135 said:

I take it that value-wise we either lose nothing or we gain more thanks to the ability to choose the rewards. That's exactly the answer most of us wanted. Thanks!

I don't think that's the takeaway from Rubi's post. Flexibility, yes. But I'm not seeing any reason to think the new system will preserve the same value of "whatever 28 days of daily login rewards would have netted you... 20 MC, 35 Laurels and 7 Clovers/20 Laurels etc."

That's the answer we all want, and what all the bickering in this thread is centered around:

1. How do login-only rewards compare to the old system?
  2. What is the AA cost of Mystic Coins and Laurels?
Edited by hurp.9851
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, hurp.9851 said:

He knows that. He's asking how his progress in the current system, which is close to the big reward, will transfer into the new system. Or will he start the new system from scratch and lose all progress?

He will not "lose" anything... 

Be realistic... asking for compensation because you almost reached something ... is this a joke ? I also will be 5 days before it... sad for me but nothing more 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, vrauns.3215 said:

Again, i didn't ask that question.

At no point I somehow said you asked it. You're being asked it, because apparently "it's bad that people focus on mc", so I'm not focusing on mc, just on general value of aa based on the rewards we can get for it. Now that it's not about mc, are you able to respond to anything? No? Exactly, so the repeated complaint about "people making it about mc" is irrelevant to anything, because we still don't know the value (spoiler alert: even if that value will be subjective 🙄) of that currency. So you're still not responding to anything anyone asked either way.

1 hour ago, vrauns.3215 said:

you should join the media, you sure like twisting peoples words.

I literally quoted your post, here it is:

Someone sure is twisting someone's words, but it's not me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Of course by “discover,” we mean “receive in exchange for currency acquired by completing objectives,” and by “wonders,” we mean “reward items,” but that’d be a very cumbersome title indeed...

Read on

I've got an answer to some questions I've seen frequently in this thread, so I'm going to add them here to make sure they're easily found!

• Q: What about Mystic Coins, Laurels, Mystic Clovers, gold, and achievement points that we were getting with dailies? 
    • A: Gold, Laurels, Mystic Clovers, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.
      • *Edited to specify that Mystic Clovers are available as well* 
    •  One change the Wizard's Vault brings for these daily items is that you can choose the order of what you get. So for example if you are currently focused on Mystic Coins, you can keep buying those and save the other items for later.

• Q: Are there still daily login rewards?
    • A: There will be one objective every day for logging in. This objective gives 5 astral acclaim (standard daily objectives give 10).

Rubi, will the 15,000 dailies AP cap still exist?

Will the monthly gold find log-in reward be going away?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hurp.9851 said:

I don't think that's the takeaway from Rubi's post. Flexibility, yes. But I'm not seeing any reason to think the new system will preserve the same value of "whatever 28 days of daily login rewards would have netted you... 20 MC, 35 Laurels and 7 Clovers/20 Laurels etc."

That's the answer we all want, and what all the bickering in this thread is centered around:

1. How do login-only rewards compare to the old system?
  2. What is the AA cost of Mystic Coins and Laurels?

At the present time I see it as a superior system because it allows you to play the content that you want, earn the generic currency to buy the things you need and never receive junk from the daily log-ins like repair canisters. I suspect it will be similar in profitability gold-wise.

There's a game design term for time-in-game which translates to more playtime = more money.

So it seems like its also a comprehensive business plan remodel as they optimize game features. A win-win atm.

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

A discussion you were not apart of yet you you attack me with insults and claim i didn't answer questions, you also sat there trying to tell me what i meant about answers.

I don't need to be a part of a discussion to read it and point out your pretty much random response "summing up weekly aa" doesn't answer the question I'm also interested in. And really? That's your new pivot now? First I was "lying", but now that it's clear I wasn't, it doesn't matter "because I wasn't the part of the discussion"? (oh and where did I "attack you with insults"? You were the one that just told me I "should join the media because I'm twisting people's words" when I clearly wasn't :classic_blink: Just... wow.)
Ok, cool, as I said it's clear what you're doing here, have fun with that 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Agathon.6578 said:

He will not "lose" anything... 

Be realistic... asking for compensation because you almost reached something ... is this a joke ? I also will be 5 days before it... sad for me but nothing more 

The current daily login reward system is cumulative; you get better and better rewards as you progress in a 30-day cycle. If the new system completely replaces the old with no accommodation, everyone will lose their accumulated progress toward the better rewards.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, hurp.9851 said:

The current daily login reward system is cumulative; you get better and better rewards as you progress in a 30-day cycle. If the new system completely replaces the old with no accommodation, everyone will lose their accumulated progress toward the better rewards.

And if you didnt reach 30 , you didnt reach 30. No crying about it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

People with alt accounts just want to log on for easy reward dont care about the extra fluff for their alt accounts. If the new system does not give out same reward its SCAMMING period.  What follows SCAMMING is LAWSUIT.

Getting paycheck $2000 a month is not the same as getting paycheck $1000 + u have to work extra 10 hours for another $1000 but on top of that we will give u some extra potato chips.

Edited by Kassablanca.5821
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9

14 minutes ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Rubi, will the 15,000 dailies AP cap still exist?

Will the monthly gold find log-in reward be going away?

They're being integrated into the system. You'll still get 10ap for 3 dailies up until the cap. We just don't know about the 28th day permanent gold boost at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kassablanca.5821 said:

with alt accounts just want to log on for easy reward dont care about the extra fluff for their alt accounts. If the new system does not give out same reward its SCAMMING period.  What follows SCAMMING is LAWSUIT.

Getting paycheck $2000 a month is not the same as getting paycheck $1000 + u have to work extra 10 hours for another $1000 but on top of that we will give u some extra potato chips.

so because players are mad they need to grind a little, is a lawsuit, i dont think so.

Edited by vrauns.3215
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

Just now, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

They're being integrated into the system. You'll still get 10ap for 3 dailies up until the cap. We just don't know about the 28th day permanent gold boost at this point.

In my conspiracy theory opinion allegedly they need to work next on the achievement point rewards..... xD

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Alright @Rubi Bayer.8493. I know you can't comment too clearly on things due to the nature of rewards and how future releases can/will affect the economy of the game. So, as a long time supporter of the game, someone who met their wife in this game and has several alts. Can you give any kind of answer on if the 5 AA a day reward will, in effect, be similar in value to the 55 Laurels and 20 Mystic Coins we have received previously? I know myself and several other veteran players would very much like to know. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 6

52 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I've been keeping an eye on the discussion and can clarify a couple more things quickly. The Wizard's Vault is not a 1:1 exact copy of the existing system. Our goal is for the Wizard's Vault to build upon the current rewards system, offering you more flexibility when choosing your rewards, and a wide variety of rewards earned through gameplay.

You'll be able to experience it firsthand in less than a week--we're almost there!

@Rubi Bayer.8493 

Thank you for clarification, but at this point everybody understands that system is different. We seek clarification on passive income in terms of login and how it will translate into new system. For me personally it is a question where I want to keep pre-order and see changes at all. So I would like to make decision before release in case I want to refund.
This game is awesome, I just may not agree on direction it's taking and don't want to spend on it anymore (unless I have wrong understanding and your clarification will clear spots of missing information).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 

Thank you for clarification, but at this point everybody understands that system is different. We seek clarification on passive income in terms of login and how it will translate into new system. For me personally it is a question where I want to keep pre-order and see changes at all. So I would like to make decision before release in case I want to refund.
This game is awesome, I just may not agree on direction it's taking and don't want to spend on it anymore (unless I have wrong understanding and your clarification will clear spots of missing information).

it's as simple as can be.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5