Literally the only reason I play GW2 is that there is no battlepass...looks like those days are over

2 hours ago, Crini.3985 said:

So now that we got a free battlepass, op is going to stop playing? sorry, makes no sense whatsoever

Things changed a lot in this thread since OP with their misconception posted on Aug 15. Nothing battlepass-like about this, nothing that will cycle and disappear. Just a system that will reward you for playing actively.

And that could do with more freedom of choice how to play. But I'm sure Anet will improve that in an iteration.

OP should also change the topic title because it's just misleading now...

Edited by Dondarrion.2748
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ManaPotato.3279 said:

So, is it a battle pass or it isn't?

No it isn't a battle pass, there is no paid version, there are no tiers to complete. Its just login, do dailies and weeklies. You get currency for completing dailies and weeklies to spend on rewards. I will admit maybe the reward prices could use some rebalancing. The only thing that makes it like a battle pass is that rewards change every quarter. But cosmetic rewards will always be available so if you wind up just short of a skin you like, you won't miss out on it entirely.

Edited by hathreyn.4138
  • Confused 1

It's basically a new version of the laurel merchants, especially the original system where laurels came from completing daily and monthly achievements rather than from logging in. (Which is reminding me there was a similar level of confusion and upset when that change happened too.)

Instead of each achievement having specific rewards you get a currency to spend on the rewards you want.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1