I really want to be excited.

I really do, but there is nothing to be hyped over. Don't get me wrong, the maps look great and the wizard vault seems like a great addition but there is nothing that pops out to me. We don't know any of the combat mechanics, don't know how any of the bosses look, we barley got a glimpse of how the regular mobs will look. There is only one week left and I can't get myself to be excited at all. 

The saying "out of sight, out of mind" is a saying for a reason. You need to get your player base invested, not only to have a great launch but to also spread the message word of mouth. What would I even tell/show someone to who doesn't play gw2 about soto? There isnt really anything worth mentioning that would be a selling point. No epic trailers, no in-depth blog post about new mechanics added, no teasers of big baddies. It's just sad tbh. I'll be playing soto on launch and hopefully will enjoy the hell out of it, but please Anet, just give us something juicy to salivate over until the launch. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

This tipped me into the excited crowd

This was well done but for me its not really exciting. I guess I am just a more combat gameplay oriented player. New maps don't exactly excite me, I do enjoy them though don't get me wrong but theres a difference between that enjoyment and excitement. Its the content in the maps that get me excited. The flying looks fun but novelty wares off quickly. Its just going to turn into, use x to get to y faster imo. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Wizards Vault got me excited, but that griffon video beats it by a mile 🙂

Wizard vault is definitely a great addition to the game. Adds a ton of re-playability which gw2 really needs. But its not new content. It just gives a reason to keep playing the game which is a great thing. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

This was well done but for me its not really exciting. I guess I am just a more combat gameplay oriented player. New maps don't exactly excite me, I do enjoy them though don't get me wrong but theres a difference between that enjoyment and excitement. Its the content in the maps that get me excited. The flying looks fun but novelty wares off quickly. Its just going to turn into, use x to get to y faster imo. 

I get that, but to me this epitomises what GW2 has always stood for and has lost sight of as it doubles down on reinenting new systems, homegenising professions and hyper-focusing on materials sinks for new rewards.

I get that this is a snapshot video, edited to look cool. But the city looks amazing, the masteries work really well and it gives off a vibe of fun that I haven't felt since early IBS when the Jormag trailer hit. For a brief moment, it felt like GW2 again

Don't get me wrong though. These maps absolutely need to be rammed with varied content, which has been lacking for a while

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'm getting less excited with every announcement. At the moment it feels like we're getting two new maps and a bunch of stuff taken away from us. Nothing about the announcements suggest that ANET know what they're doing. Nothing suggests that these forced changes are going to be popular; if they weren't worried about what it might do to pre-orders or purchases, they'd be giving us a LOT more detail at this point.

The fact they're being repeatedly vague when asked about critical details of their new features suggests to me that they know we aren't going to like them. The whole thing stinks, from where I'm sitting.

• Like 7
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

I really do, but there is nothing to be hyped over. Don't get me wrong, the maps look great and the wizard vault seems like a great addition but there is nothing that pops out to me. We don't know any of the combat mechanics, don't know how any of the bosses look, we barley got a glimpse of how the regular mobs will look. There is only one week left and I can't get myself to be excited at all. 

The saying "out of sight, out of mind" is a saying for a reason. You need to get your player base invested, not only to have a great launch but to also spread the message word of mouth. What would I even tell/show someone to who doesn't play gw2 about soto? There isnt really anything worth mentioning that would be a selling point. No epic trailers, no in-depth blog post about new mechanics added, no teasers of big baddies. It's just sad tbh. I'll be playing soto on launch and hopefully will enjoy the hell out of it, but please Anet, just give us something juicy to salivate over until the launch. 

Even just recently with EOD release I remember all the hype streams and the class beta tests (that proved pointless as they didn't do our suggestions to fix the classes) but it was quite hype building to play test everything. Had those new characters spawning into lions arch and you saw quite a lot of people doing it. 
But as we know this is a paid for living world that starts with 2? maps with more to come, with no legendary relic with that to come, with not all current six bonus rune buffs with more relics to come, they kinda have to be vague about it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4