The Shadow of Nayos

16 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

After seeing Lilith plastered all over the internet for the last several months, I was quite taken aback by the Shadow of Nayos. Anyone else?

https://finalbossbundle.com/products/guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure-collectible-bundle

yeah my first reaction was like it was saying "I swear I have no relation to that diablo lady, stop asking" 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Is this the first we're seeing of this character?

Like....this minute is literally the first I've heard of her and she's described as: "A beautiful figurine made in the likeness of an enigmatic character who features heavily in the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure story. "

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

unlike Lilith, mama kryptis will actually BE interesting :3

Sure hope so. 

They did give us a glimpse into demon society by having Kanaxai introduce himself to us as Scythe of House Aurkus. I hope these societies have complexity, characters have depth and we get some pay offs on big ticket items. The world building as always looks great, seems the studio is going to do well tying this into the "astral" lore/weapons, and the All / eternal alchemy. Maybe even the Gods and the Dragons. 

I wanted to guess that there would be a parralel between gods, dragons, (and now demons), in that each orb represents a fragment of magic that an entity claims to itself. Mama Krpytis could be a Soo-Won counterpart, crossing the rift to seek all the freed magic. 

But then the exodus of the gods and aurene just seems stranger. 

4 hours ago, solzuul.6294 said:

They did give us a glimpse into demon society by having Kanaxai introduce himself to us as Scythe of House Aurkus. I hope these societies have complexity, characters have depth and we get some pay offs on big ticket items. The world building as always looks great, seems the studio is going to do well tying this into the "astral" lore/weapons, and the All / eternal alchemy. Maybe even the Gods and the Dragons. 

I'm calling this one now: "Shadow of Nayos" is a title just like "Scythe of House Aurkus" and it's actually just Scarlet as a demon.

And no, this is not far-fetched or even unprecedented. 3 words: Maw of Torment. 

Edited by GeraldBC.4927
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1