How long will it take Anet to destroy Sword, Warhorn, and Catalyst?

Shiyo.3578

In terms of condition damage, sword is weak without its dual skills. In terms of Power, sword has strong #2 and #3 skills, which could be strong for other E-specs, but what would you play it with? Power Sword Catalyst would have trouble generating Energy without Hammer3. Power Tempest is disappointingly weak right now and will still be with sword. So I don't see any any reason for changes here.

Catalyst has been nerfed several times and is already far away from its former strength. I don't expect any changes here either.

Warhorn could indeed be of use for the other E-specs, both power and condition. But will it pull so far ahead to justify a nerf? Both offhand-dagger and focus have received a small rework during the past years, they won't be far behind warhorn.

There are other classes, specs and builds that will benefit much more of the unstricted weapon choice than elementalist. So I really don't worry about nerfs right now.

Next Tuesday:

"We noticed that Catalyst was overpeforming, so we just went ahead and nerfed core ele/the entire class. We feel this will help celestial harbingers cope with their inability to faceroll kill an ele 100% of the time by mindlessly spamming condis. Also, we did not nerf harbinger; harbinger is fine, only ele should be nerfed because its #only bad when ele does it

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Next Tuesday:

"We noticed that Catalyst was overpeforming, so we just went ahead and nerfed core ele/the entire class. We feel this will help celestial harbingers cope with their inability to faceroll kill an ele 100% of the time by mindlessly spamming condis. Also, we did not nerf harbinger; harbinger is fine, only ele should be nerfed because its #only bad when ele does it

Nah, it should be more like:

"By now, Ele starts every combat in downstate by default. We felt it'd be appropriate. Downstate skills do only 0.01% of the former damage. If downstate gets lifted, you gain 99 stacks of downstated, each reducing your damage by 1% and having a duration of 1 minute per stack."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So they destroyed wh and nerfed cata + weaver just to make sure? Meanwhile soulbeast got barely touched. Because of bench again? Do these devs realize that weaver is reliant on perfect phase lengths for weave self and lightning storm cds while cata has basically condi rampup. Why the weaver mod and cata coefficient nerfs again? Almost had 2% playrate again and that was clearly too much?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Wait and see. A lot of stuff changed and nobody knows yet what numbers will be the result of all the changes. Let the top guys figure out the new top builds and benchmarks, then you'll have actual numbers to compare and see how it actually turned out.

only very few things changed. ele is fine but got nerfed for no reason. meanwhile soulbeast basically ignored. Weaver and cata both got slightly nerfed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

i mean they pre-nerfed ele already yesterday, no? lightning orb damage got gutted and cyclone hits one target only once now so pretty much dead on arrival...

After popping into a testing discord, doesn't seem to be the case at all. Weaver and Cata still both look to be benching around 42-44K. Still waiting on finalized gear and rotations, but looks like sw/wh is still on.

2 hours ago, thetwothousand.5049 said:

After popping into a testing discord, doesn't seem to be the case at all. Weaver and Cata still both look to be benching around 42-44K. Still waiting on finalized gear and rotations, but looks like sw/wh is still on.

couldn't give a flying kitten about benches... tell me how it does and how "easy" it is in a real fight!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

considering you can't pre-swap to another element while overloading how does keeping up the orbs work out? i haven't tried that... any videos?

Just something I have been messing with The damage multiplier buff for overlaods and utilizing signets to spam aura's to keep up the other damage buff is pretty nutty with the hammers damage buffs. Very very strong high damage open world build. I'm going to play around with it more when arc gets fixed and see what it would look like on a full vipers set on a golem. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Sporks.4395 said:

Just something I have been messing with The damage multiplier buff for overlaods and utilizing signets to spam aura's to keep up the other damage buff is pretty nutty with the hammers damage buffs. Very very strong high damage open world build. I'm going to play around with it more when arc gets fixed and see what it would look like on a full vipers set on a golem. 

wait it's condi? but hammer condi sucks O.o got a build link?

31 minutes ago, Sporks.4395 said:

Yeah, I too want to see a video of it.

13 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

couldn't give a flying kitten about benches... tell me how it does and how "easy" it is in a real fight!

I mean, its just swapping dagger for wh? if you could handle that for weaver before then you can handle it now. And I personally find sword rotations to be easier to manage than hammer, so from my pov cata is easier than ever.

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, thetwothousand.5049 said:

I mean, its just swapping dagger for wh? if you could handle that for weaver before then you can handle it now. And I personally find sword rotations to be easier to manage than hammer, so from my pov cata is easier than ever.

i literally have no idea what you're talking about...

• Confused 1