Reward track potions gone?

On 8/23/2023 at 7:59 AM, willow.8209 said:

so they will drive away players who:
*don't/can't play a lot, or at least not regularly

*don't/can't focus on mainly one game mode

?

why do they do this to themselves and to us?

The players with less playtime are often ppl With money.(i meant) With a  “Good job”. So they can spend more 😁 

I dont meant that its a good job that they removed the potions!! 

Edited by Holmindeboks.3490
  • Confused 5

11 hours ago, kenzil.5983 said:

I could ask you the same thing i really dont get how you turn some of my statements into having attacked you i guess every one else has to decide if that was the case 🙂

im here because there atleast is as it seems an issue with removing reward track potions and i agree with that because these potions were a part of the daily WvW rewards an all i wish is that there would still be way to obtain these again.  

You opened your response by saying I "want every thing and all". That is the part I did not understand. Where did you get that impression? My response was just saying that I don't think they would go for a solution where you can get WvW rewards without ever stepping foot in WvW. Which is what can happen if the reward track potions are in the vault rewards. And what about PvP? should it be the same? I can kill 10 enemies in Heart of Thorns and make progress on a PvP reward track? I'm not saying there can't be some way to get those potions again, just that I don't think that would be the way.

I did not even touch upon where I thought you had it wrong.

"Back then your logged in got your daily reward wich was allways the same and did your dailys wich were also basically allways the same. Robot content with much less effort as i said."

I agree the new system is better (in general*) for choice of reward when compared to the old daily login. But the daily achievements, I think, had much more variety and choice on a daily basis than we see now. As for effort? considering some of the daily objectives I've gotten have been "loot x enemies" and "dodge x attacks", I'm not sure effort is a hallmark of all items on the new list. Plus, I have gotten the same daily objectives 3 times in the past 5 days, so it feels pretty repetative at the moment. 😁

Again, I think there are discussions to be had and solutions to be found,s o keep putting ideas out there. I am hoping ANet is still looking at all the feedback and will try to make the system actively better rather than just patching over the most obviously broken parts like the bugged minidungeon objective.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:15 AM, senna.9563 said:

This isn't about loss of points for me, it's about me not wanting to play this specific gamemode while still wanting to get my pve legendary. As I've said, I would go into wvw, kill a dolyak, use the potion and leave. I'd repeat this for months and got 1 gift of battle out of it. I was willing to do this, because that is how much I do NOT want to play that gamemode. As I've said, I would rather farm for months in pve, than do an hour of wvw. I wouldn't mind them removing the potions, if they introduced some other way to get the gift, but they didn't. 

first of, the overall changes are net positive. for anyone not aware, previously "Instant Reward Track Progress" (skirmish reward track)  gave some silly numbers, 25 reward track per pot. this got boosted to 250(!!!) per pot.

[math] entire skirmish reward track has 158 pots and requires 1450 pips which means:  ~27,24 reward track per 1 pip. this means that even if you are lowest rank (1 pip), your world is last (4 pip) and you have +1 for wooden chest, you still get extra +163 reward track every 5min. thats almost as much as you passively get every 5 min, nearly doubling how fast you complete track

these changes are clearly made to promote active gameplay and actually engaging with content and noone is going to support rewerting these changes.

so if you are unwilling to put in 4 hours of time (much less, under 3h if you use gobblers, xp boosters and dont join when your team is losing) just sitting and flipping camp than i dont think you deserve a legendary.

also at this point you might as well just farm gold for month and buy legendary from TP...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

On 8/24/2023 at 6:36 PM, TheNurgle.4825 said:

If you need Gift of Battle for leggy item, then it is not PvE leggy item.

Please enlighten me. How do you craft Gift of Mastery and Gift of the Mists yourself?

Have you ever crafted a Gen 1 or 2 legendary weapon? Legendary trinkets and rings etc?

If you have a shortcut I would be very interested.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Nimris.3781 said:

first of, the overall changes are net positive. for anyone not aware, previously "Instant Reward Track Progress" (skirmish reward track)  gave some silly numbers, 25 reward track per pot. this got boosted to 250(!!!) per pot.

[math] entire skirmish reward track has 158 pots and requires 1450 pips which means:  ~27,24 reward track per 1 pip. this means that even if you are lowest rank (1 pip), your world is last (4 pip) and you have +1 for wooden chest, you still get extra +163 reward track every 5min. thats almost as much as you passively get every 5 min, nearly doubling how fast you complete track

these changes are clearly made to promote active gameplay and actually engaging with content and noone is going to support rewerting these changes.

so if you are unwilling to put in 4 hours of time (much less, under 3h if you use gobblers, xp boosters and dont join when your team is losing) just sitting and flipping camp than i dont think you deserve a legendary.

also at this point you might as well just farm gold for month and buy legendary from TP...

So people that buy their legendary from now on instead of farming it because they are forced in a different way on how to earn the Gift of Battle are participating better than ever with the content now? 

farming gold is one thing and actually having goals and fun along these goals is another.

It was anets descission to make it easier for people to get started with legendarys this should already tell you in wich way were heading…  and not having an option to trade your time wich you spent in other game modes for progress in another game mode doesent make sense imo.

Let them farm their AA in a game mode they like the most and give them the option on reward track potions in exchange for that time they spent somwhere else with a limited amount of how much they can buy each month its as simple as that.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

So people that buy their legendary from now on instead of farming it because they are forced in a different way on how to earn the Gift of Battle are participating better than ever with the content now? 

farming gold is one thing and actually having goals and fun along these goals is another.

It was anets descission to make it easier for people to get started with legendarys this should already tell you in wich way were heading…  and not having an option to trade your time wich you spent in other game modes for progress in another game mode doesent make sense imo.

Let them farm their AA in a game mode they like the most and give them the option on reward track potions in exchange for that time they spent somwhere else with a limited amount of how much they can buy each month its as simple as that.

No thanks, if you want something from WvW then you should have to play it and spend time there. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

No thanks, if you want something from WvW then you should have to play it. 

You dont seem to understand why most people come back after long breaks from playing guildwars its the fact that you are never forced to play something particular and still can progress along the way the same as any one else.

based on that i think that it would be the next logical step for even better improvements on this apsect of the game by adding atleast some kind of way that doesent force you to play something like WvW in exchange for some time you already have spent on something you like.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

You dont seem to understand why most people come back after long breaks from playing guildwars its the fact that you are never forced to play something particular and still can progress along the way the same as any one else.

based on that i think that it would be the next logical step for even better improvements on this apsect of the game by adding atleast some kind of way that doesent force you to play something like WvW in exchange for some time you already have spent on something you like.

You are not forced to do anything, legendary gear is complete optional. 
It’s good that they removed the reward potions and the compensation you get for actually playing the game mode is great. 
Next you want LI from open world events in Queensdale? 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

8 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

they give you mats worth hundreads of gold that would require dozens of hours to farm. they also sped up how fast you can complete reward track. all of these has made crafting lege much easier.

also its not like doing 80 dailies to get that pots to complete 1 track were given for simply logging in. even if it was just kill scentry + dolyak it would still take you 3-5+min. sometimes camping for veteran could take 10min+ so over a month you would waste 5hours+ refusing to play this game mode properly and more or less wasting your time. ( also you stay delusional thinking it was faster that way, than it currently is...)

besides its obvious that if you want currency from "xyz" game mode you should play it. noone is giving you raid currency for doing pvp so in the simmilar fashion you souldnt be able to get wvw currency without playing it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

You are not forced to do anything, legendary gear is complete optional. 
It’s good that they removed the reward potions and the compensation you get for actually playing the game mode is great. 

Thats how it was back then when you could get potions from daily WvW chests and use these to get the gift of battle from the reward track.

Now there is no alternative way of getting the GoB period.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Nimris.3781 said:

they give you mats worth hundreads of gold that would require dozens of hours to farm. they also sped up how fast you can complete reward track. all of these has made crafting lege much easier.

also its not like doing 80 dailies to get that pots to complete 1 track were given for simply logging in. even if it was just kill scentry + dolyak it would still take you 3-5+min. sometimes camping for veteran could take 10min+ so over a month you would waste 5hours+ refusing to play this game mode properly and more or less wasting your time. ( also you stay delusional thinking it was faster that way, than it currently is...)

besides its obvious that if you want currency from "xyz" game mode you should play it. noone is giving you raid currency for doing pvp so in the simmilar fashion you souldnt be able to get wvw currency without playing it.

Not really you dont seem to understand that all im asking for is to have the same amount of time management choices to get the Gift of Battle as it was before.

And if somone is willing to give up on AA in order to not play WvW that should be considered as a freedome of choice improvement for those poeple that want to craft legendarys.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

And if somone is willing to give up on AA in order to not play WvW that should be considered as a freedome of choice improvement for those poeple that want to craft legendarys.

It shouldn’t. You want the reward? Do what is required just like everyone else. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

Just now, vrauns.3215 said:

Play the game and do it like everyone else.

Your statement makes no sense period.

I hope you know that people that will buy their legendary from now on will NEVER have played the game and still be holding the same legendary your owning right now 🙂 

based on this every one should be interested in improving the way you can obtain legendary GoBs bee it with having to sacrifice on AA wich you could have spent on somenthing else instead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Your statement makes no sense period.

I hope you know that people that will buy their legendary from now on will NEVER have played the game and still be holding the same legendary your owning right now 🙂 

based on this every one should be interested in improving the way you can obtain legendary GoBs bee it with having to sacrifice on AA wich you could have spent on somenthing else instead.

I actually play the game, to earn what i got, so the older players claiming people like me are getting it easy, are wrong.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Wow you have just proven me that you actually dont get what i was trying to point out here.

there is a big posibillity of people buing their legendarys from now on since they would have to keep their participation up at all times wich wasnt required back then you could kill a senty perhaps a veteran take the reward track potions and use them when you have 80 of them to complete the reward track of GoB THIS is how it ALLWAYS was before and it made life easier for every single legendary crafted this way untill the change. Jet people say play it as it was intended to be played.

it has been over 10 years now where were all these people before complaining at how easy it was to ger the GoB ?

no one complained about the old way of getring the GoB passively back then insteqd it was the other way around people complained about beeing restriced to WvW wich im fine with to this day btw.

Edited by kenzil.5983
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

You know I have easy access to wvw with a wonderful guild that ensures we get dailies and all the tickets we need ev ery night for an hour or so at reset. Very convenient but what a mindless zerg, pretty dull really. Just taking up a spot on a queued map.

It was nice otoh, to just casually stroll in once in a while off prime time and get the easy stuff done, and store up pots for judicious loot much later.

But try hards here can't hide their contempt for that, so back to the prime time zerg it is. At least I use my supply when the comm needs it to knock down another door.

Edited by Hashberry.4510
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Exactly if you look at it in this way you would also dont want to force people to clog up the queues by trying to keep participation up in order to get the GoB. Not having the same mind set as somone who is there to actually move or change something for their whole server in that particular match.

4 minutes ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

You I have easy access to wvw with a wonderful guild that ensures we get dailies and all the tickets we need e ery night for an hour or so at reset. Very convenient but what a mindless zerg, pretty dull really. Just taking up a spot on a queued map.

It was nice otoh, to just casually stroll in once in a while off prime time and get the easy stuff done, and store up pots for judicious loot much later.

But try hards here can't hide their contempt for that, so back to the prime time zerg it is. At least I use my supply when the comm needs it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, vares.8457 said:

The time you spent here complaining you could have done a lot of progress for the GoB 

I have every weapon type atleast once in legendary gen 1s mostly and 2 gen 2s just recently started doing gen 3s and i own this game since launch i got plenty of time 🙂 

im here to suggest improvements im not even talking for my self here i see a good reason in beeing worried after the change in how to obtain GoB from now on and dont meed to complain. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, kenzil.5983 said:

I have every weapon type atleast once in legendary gen 1s mostly and 2 gen 2s just recently started doing gen 3s and i own this game since launch i got plenty of time 🙂 

im here to suggest improvements im not even talking for my self here i see a good reason in beeing worried after the change in how to obtain GoB from now on and dont meed to complain. 

The new system benefits WvW players, but you don’t care about them do you?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2