New dailies are different for everyone?

I've been watching Mukluk play the new version, and I see his daily choices are different than mine. Am I understanding this correctly?

My boyfriend and I play dailies together. If we have different dailies, he will probably quit the game. He already said if they change dramatically, he's out.

Please tell me I misinterpreted this!  

• Like 12
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

This gives me hope!

Same here, same on 4 of my alts with only base game. I picked pve on all of them. I only had different dailies on my main with all expansions and with all 3 modes selected, so can not compare it with other accounts. Also maybe its EU/NA?

• Like 1

"Complete the Spirit Vestibule Minidungeon in Seitung Province"

I would just like to thank Anet for including this one in the first set.  Whoever is the genius behind including that one should probably not ever be allowed to touch daily quests again. Thanks.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Are you sure, about that? Three of my accounts have exactly the same dailies and weeklies (PvE), on the 4th they are different, but i tried  PvE and WvW on that one.

In that case it probably works the same as guild missions.

Assuming two accounts have the same set of expansion and select the same categories then their dailies will be the same but different combinations of expansions and categories can result in completely different set of dailies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

In that case it probably works the same as guild missions.

Assuming two accounts have the same set of expansion and select the same categories then their dailies will be the same but different combinations of expansions and categories can result in completely different set of dailies.

Either that or its a pool of possible dailies/weeklies and when you pick several categories, you get randomized of each pool, while you get the same if only one category selected since you get all from the pool.

• Like 2

Based on what I checked on all my accounts, dailies seem to be based on the games/expansions the player owns and the modes the player selected. Players who share all the same conditions should all have the same dailies (though I can't say for certain for different game modes since I only selected PVE for all my accounts). For example:

Group1: Own up to PoF. Selected PVE only. All have the same dailies.

Group 2: Own up to SotO. Selected PVE only. All have the same dailies.

Group 3: Own up to SotO. Selected all modes. All have the same dailies.

All groups have different dailies from each other.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Based on what I checked on all my accounts, your dailies are based on the modes you select and the games/expansions you own. Players who share all the same conditions should all have the same dailies.

Example:

Group1: Own up to PoF. Selected PVE only. All have the same dailies.

Group 2: Own up to SotO. Selected PVE only. All have the same dailies.

Group 1 and 2 have different dailies from each other.

Yes, exactly that. Tested with few more accounts now. Those with HoT + POF had same dailies but different from acc with all expansions. And same with base game accounts, they all had same dailies but different from those with expansions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for everyone who checked into this.

We have the same expansions (although I do have other friends who play that don't), so at least there's that.

I did foolishly select PvP as part of the dailies (not knowing how I was about to screw myself over), so my bf won't be selecting that and will probably have different dailies just for today. And we will have different weeklies for this week as well  :classic_sad:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1