Error 108 when trying to purchase SOTO

• ArenaNet Staff
8 minutes ago, RigoRHX.7390 said:

Just want to add buying gems also gave me 108.

I guess the server is broken because of the floodgate 😞

This is an error with one of our vendors, I'm sorry it's happening! They have let us know that they are aware and working to fix it ASAP.

It is literally impossible to buy this game expansion. I have tried 4 different web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Brave) and they all failed with error 108 and my Finnish visa credit card. This same card works perfectly well in all other online services, Epic Game store and online shops. Only Arenanet fails.

I also tried my Paypal, which is linked to same credit card. It didn't work either. I always get 108 error. If I dig in deeper using developer mode of any of the above browsers I find that loading of CAPTCHA check is rejected. I never saw any CAPTCHA check in the screen:
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://ssl.kaptcha.com/collect/sdk?m=104000&s=202308222522272051692728730”.

Similarly I could not buy gems from Trading post, but luckily I have golds to convert to gems. Yet gems alone don't give me access to the expansion.

Ayna

PS. Arenanet if you a wondering why your game doesn't make enough money, maybe you should take a look how you handle payments. It is abysmal! If people cannot even purchase the products and just get cryptic 108 errors and no customer service, you can kiss goodbye to millions in lost sales.

Edited by Deniara Devious.3948
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

This is an error with one of our vendors, I'm sorry it's happening! They have let us know that they are aware and working to fix it ASAP.

Sad.
-Official shop bugged
-Amazon listed as an official retailer for my country but i can't find SOTO
-Gamecardsdirect (last official retailer) has SOTO but applies a fee of 1.5% on the transaction 

3 minutes ago, Tiborb.1453 said:

Sad.
-Official shop bugged
-Amazon listed as an official retailer for my country but i can't find SOTO
-Gamecardsdirect (last official retailer) has SOTO but applies a fee of 1.5% on the transaction 

Yes, sad. Amazon has Deluxe,  but not ultimate. I thought I'd buy it, but anet's credit card service vendor is failing for some reason. and I just used my card here days ago, so it's not harsh to say it could be Arenanet's fault. The only change was SOTO release, so... QED.

17 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

It's possibly an error on your servers; the only thing that's changed is the SOTO release. Ergo, irt might be on y'all. And your help files aren't very helpful.

Just now, Meviken.2054 said:

It's possibly an error on your servers; the only thing that's changed is the SOTO release. Ergo, irt might be on y'all. And your help files aren't very helpful.

many people want to buy it right now, I understand it's annoying, but the payment servers not being able to handle the amount of requests is their fault, not Arenanet's. It's not rocket science. Even so, sometimes stuff doesn't work. No one is out to get you, and if you have no patience or tolerance for mistakes from others, don't expect any from others either.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AnimalX.1754 said:

many people want to buy it right now, I understand it's annoying, but the payment servers not being able to handle the amount of requests is their fault, not Arenanet's. It's not rocket science. Even so, sometimes stuff doesn't work. No one is out to get you, and if you have no patience or tolerance for mistakes from others, don't expect any from others either.

Some folks can't help but be drama queens lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Azzurro.8791 said:

Non US residents cant even do this    :   )

You can, but it requires an international credit card, taxes and exchange rate to be considered. I'm from Brazil and used my brazilian account in amazon us to buy. They give you the code on the orders panel, just redeem it in your Anet account. The thing is that Ultimate edition is only available from Anet, regular and deluxe are being sold on many retailers.

The funny thing is that this error was present before the expansion's launch, and only Edge was able to complete the transaction. Now I am trying to buy this expansion for my young daughter, and all I get is error 108 on every browser.

Edited by Rhinala.1739