They ruined the game

1 minute ago, cdsmith.1072 said:

Same here. HUGE waste of money buying the expansion and this is the first time I have ever said that about Guild Wars content for both 1 and 2!

Oh, Heart of Thorns was pretty bad, too. All that time-gating for no reason, and a horrendous mapping system that still hasn't been fixed. But I thought they learned their lesson with the next two expansions. This one shows I was foolish to think so.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

Oh, Heart of Thorns was pretty bad, too. All that time-gating for no reason, and a horrendous mapping system that still hasn't been fixed. But I thought they learned their lesson with the next two expansions. This one shows I was foolish to think so.

I agree, HoT had its problems part of them being the idiotic floating rock bullpucky, same as the expansion. Still game changes were not nearly as game destroying in HoT. This expansion turned perfectly working mechanisms into complete carp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cdsmith.1072 said:

I agree, HoT had its problems part of them being the idiotic floating rock bullpucky, same as the expansion. Still game changes were not nearly as game destroying in HoT. This expansion turned perfectly working mechanisms into complete carp.

Oh, I don't know. They lost 1/3 of the player base when HoT was released.

Of course, this one has the makings of being worse, though.

I've loved this game (and its predecessor) for nearly two decades. I've spent in the neighborhood of $5,000 on it over the years. I had a lot of fun. But now I have to find something else. So sad to have to say goodbye.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

One of my daily options is to use three combo skills. I've never figured out how to do that. But, to progress the daily, I have to do it three times.

There's a trainer in the Seitung training ground that will show you.  Put down a field, and do a leap/slam/whirl in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

One of my daily options is to use three combo skills. I've never figured out how to do that. But, to progress the daily, I have to do it three times.

Is this... for real?

Legit question, is there a daily to complete 3 combos? ;o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you have a thief just pistol 5 and then dagger 2 a few times, for example. It is just "a circle that counts as a combo field" and any skill that counts as a finisher such as blast finisher, leap finisher, etc. It won't be too hard, you can do it.

... That is an astonishingly braindead goal for dailies though (no offense). Really does feel like the game is going mobile game route. Depressing. Have lots of respect for Anet for various reasons and I really hope this isn't a sign they are going to continue down this path. Rune stuff should have been complete before being pushed. People shouldn't have been punished with it - they should have been rewarded for their loyalty to the game. Or ideally just given new options and a system with more ease of use.

I am just.. disappointed. 

I'd love to wake up tomorrow to a blog post about how they plan to reimburse players for the 6th bonuses by adding the relics to all of us with the effects that got removed, stating that they have taken a snapshot and any account with 6 of a rune will be awarded 1 relic per 6 of that rune corresponding to the old system, and although they might take a while, they ARE planning to reimburse us. They could say it was an oversight and that they realize how crucial the 6th bonuses were for some playstyles and especially some wvw builds (many of the bonuses were used in roaming for example and without them some specs play dramatically differently and if you build up a character you love around that playstyle and then it just isn't possible, you shouldn't have to find a new main.).

I just don't think it will happen though. 

Edited by Sahfur.5612
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Daily rewards was lazy, mobile-phone-like-gameplay and I am glad they got rid of it. Relics offer more build diversity than the earlier system that forces us to have matching runes. With relics, they can really change how certain builds play out and I hope they come up with interesting effects.  And while it is $25 for the expac, it is still does not have a subscription and there will be more content added in the coming months. I wish the skyscale combat could be more dynamic, but I am looking forward to playing the expansion. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Karanoia.2091 said:

I think there would a lot less user error if Anet had been clear about the new system before it was implemented.

So are you OK with the new daily and the lack of choices there? So far I've found NO ONE who is OK with this lack of choice.

I like that you get points to buy what you want. The daily login rewards were mostly junk. I also like that on the daily quests one can select which game mode. So far, I like the new system. But it is only first day... no one has it all figured out yet. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the big thing I'm noticing with the new Wizard's Vault system is that, since everyone can choose what categories they want to play and they seem to be randomized per player, this means that you probably won't have multiple players with the same daily anymore. Before, you'd often have people calling in map chat 'hey, daily forager in this map!' in case anyone hadn't thought about it, or you'd have friendly mesmers porting for daily jumping puzzles, or a big group of players all working together to get through the daily minidungeon or massing together for a pre-boss party because it happens to be a daily.

That was actually one of the aspects of the community that I'd loved a lot, since it really brought people together and encouraged teamwork. It's a shame to see that go. It also seems like they did some major changes to legendary weapon collections too, but I haven't seen anybody even talk about that yet, either. I got about a billion popups when I picked up an obsidian shard, otherwise I never would've thought to check.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

The relics suck.  The idea was good.

At the bare minimum they could've replaced the 6th special of ALL Runes. We would've gotten the 6th stat boast.  So now we're all here with broken builds and don't want to do the story. (With a broken build).

Put it back! Or put ALL of those 6th bonuses as relics

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, mariugo.4856 said:

Why the kitten would you limit my choice tho? just give me all the 12 dailies for all the gamemodes like it has always been, nobody ever complained about having more choices, there is no reason to start limiting right now and to add options that could cause user-errors

THIS THIS. WHYYYYY ANET WTF

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Timey.6853 said:

I think the big thing I'm noticing with the new Wizard's Vault system is that, since everyone can choose what categories they want to play and they seem to be randomized per player, this means that you probably won't have multiple players with the same daily anymore. Before, you'd often have people calling in map chat 'hey, daily forager in this map!' in case anyone hadn't thought about it, or you'd have friendly mesmers porting for daily jumping puzzles, or a big group of players all working together to get through the daily minidungeon or massing together for a pre-boss party because it happens to be a daily.

That was actually one of the aspects of the community that I'd loved a lot, since it really brought people together and encouraged teamwork. It's a shame to see that go.

+1

also as others have mentioned, it will be more difficult to complete dailies with your gameplay partner(s) if you have those

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Having a blast with the expansion so far. The rewards for the daily/weekly currency look really good. 

Sure, compare what you could get by just logging in (add to that what you would get by doing 3 out of 12 daily tasks) and come back here and reread (or even better correct) your statement.

PS: see my other posts for a clearer picture of what is going on

Edited by gousgou.5438
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ccrazool.2905 said:

So many people going to be doing this now.  "And then the players will voluntarily exclude themselves from those game modes" was probably not on the top of the dev's expectation lists, lmao.

agreed that this will happen and probably unintended, but I think they should have anticipated this. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

A-Net, please fix Dailies asap.... This is hurting people who not have the expansion, like to play stories peace by peace (and not teleporting around the world), don't like some regions as well as new players in general. The old had one big pro: Make 3 Dailies out of a pool of 12. So everyone had the chance to get the daily reward...

Also many ways to get need materials are lost now. How to get coins or simple blacklion stuff?

Edited by Sereex.5172
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1