They ruined the game

9 hours ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

You people do love complaining, yeah?

If ANET doesn't release anything: maintenance mode!
If ANET releases anything: it should have been better!

You aren't forced to play the game. 

I have barley complained for 2-3 years and just enjoyed the game! No all I want is not an If but for ANET to add the rune effects back as relics and to CREATE NEW ONES! I loved playing as my asura engineer with my golemancy rune for years, why take that away from me? Not to mention if they wanted to revamp the daily bonus fine, keep this new one in but still give me daily login stuff, no one had a problem with it, I like logging in only to find a reason to explore or fool around for another hour or so doing something else. And fine, enjoy your lesser game, I quit. kitten you, kitten Anet and kitten this xpansion!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Oh no, things change, what horror.

Having a blast with the expansion so far. The rewards for the daily/weekly currency look really good. And the relics feel like a breath of fresh air to the long stale gearing part of the game.

But guess I'm one of the few with positive views that still visits the forums 😄

Does really feel like a lot of people only come here to complain and spread doom and gloom.

I love the new themes and the gameplay, and I have nothing against zoneplay and masteries. But come on man the relic situation and the whole daily fiasco is pretty bad.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

So from overscrolling this topic:

Because of the new daily system and the changed meta because of runes, the game is now fundamentally ruined? I mean I see some issues with the new reward system, but I think some tweaks here and there can fix that pretty easy. Also I'm not in the whole meta stuff but the new rune with stackable damage increase for every weapon ability feels pretty god on my mechanist.

I dont know, the game just dont feel "ruined" for me right now...so maybe we get off the doomsday train and deliver some valuable feedback instead?

Edited by avater.1746
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

23 minutes ago, avater.1746 said:

So from overscrolling this topic:

Because of the new daily system and the changed meta because of runes, the game is now fundamentally ruined? I mean I see some issues with the new reward system, but I think some tweaks here and there can fix that pretty easy. Also I'm not in the whole meta stuff but the new rune with stackable damage increase for every weapon ability feels pretty god on my mechanist.

I dont know, the game just dont feeld "ruined" for me right now...so maybe we get off the doomsday train and deliver some valuable feedback instead?

they want my feedback? Fine! Add back all the rune effects as relics now! And give me back my daily login! You can keep this relic bs and add more effects not less! Same with this poor mans battle pass daily stuff! Just let me get some laurels and coins throughout the month, give me a reason to login at least!

Again, for someone who loved to play the game with my golemancy rune, yes this did ruin my experience, it did ruin my build and did ruin my enjoyment of the game. And for no good reason!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Kaibamon.7206 said:

Again, for someone who loved to play the game with my golemancy rune, yes this did ruin my experience, it did ruin my build and did ruin my enjoyment of the game. And for no good reason!

wow so much drama 

so your enjoyment of the game was dependent on one rune? 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

5 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Hmm maybe wait until release day for some reviews before committing to buying any game/expansion. 🤷‍♂️

you trust a review of an mmorpg on release day? okay...😄

Let's see how Arenanet is handling the feedback and what they will do. I'm pretty sure there will be tweaks to the runes and the wizard vault and if these are your only complaints things should be shiny again real soon!

Edited by avater.1746
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, avater.1746 said:

you trust a review of an mmorpg on release day? okay...😄

This isn't a mmorpg on release, this is an expansion to a mmo that's been around for a decade with a dev team having already made a certain reputation.

At least I haven't had "buyers remorse" in quite some time, nothing wrong in waiting to see, not like the expansion is gonna sell out, lol. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

According to forums: less rune effects + less dailies = ruined game, literally unplayable, worst expansion ever... 🙃

We invested in those runes tyvm! You think it was easy running for monk and scholar runes? Oh wait you prob never stepped foot in a raid or strike so ofc runes dont matter to you.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

xD Holy Alchemy you people really need to leave the forums, get into the new maps and have some fun.

They'll add more relics with time, so suggesting which ones you are missing the most should be your priority. Just do so in a constructive manner.

The most based criticism for the new daily system that I've read is that people have different dailies than their friends, which could be fixed eventually if, again, people gave their feedback in a clean and useful way for the developers instead of simply whining about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

Just now, Uete.3805 said:

xD Holy Alchemy you people really need to leave the forums, get into the new maps and have some fun.

They'll add more relics with time, so suggesting which ones you are missing the most should be your priority. Just do so in a constructive manner.

The most based criticism for the new daily system that I've read is that people have different dailies than their friends, which could be fixed eventually if, again, people gave their feedback in a clean and useful way for the developers instead of simply whining about it.

They are not going to change a system they have implemented for a new expansion, and yes im not happy about it. Relics cant make up for the loss

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Uete.3805 said:

why should I wait for them to re-add relic effects I've been using for years? And then why should I regrind for them? I did my time in the dungeons to get my relics..Again, I want my golemancy rune, this was very important for me.

I have played on the new map, but it's not fun without my rune. I can't enjoy it, they removed something I loved and I feel as I've lost money that I can't recover from this expansion. What do you want me to do? Look at my posts, I barley talk here, I minded my business and played now for 2-3 years without complaint. What is wrong with me finally telling them what my issues are?

• Like 16
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kaibamon.7206 said:

this is the guy who said to give feeedback and when I gave it he left it out and just gave a snarky/condescending reply. Do you really want to be defending someone like him?

Sorry but that’s no reason to insult someone, if you can’t behave in a civilized and mature way then maybe don’t come to a public forum. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

They are not going to change a system they have implemented for a new expansion, and yes im not happy about it. Relics cant make up for the loss

They literally have done that in HoT (nerfed the jungle mobs, removed some story progession related to the Mastery system and reduced the amount of Exp needed for it) and in EoD (added daily reward chest to each meta, changed crafting to gain research notes automatically and changed the cost of legendary skins for Aurene's aspects). No sane dev is gonna come and read hundreds of pages filled with a thousand sour words instead of real, structured and constructive feedback.

9 minutes ago, Kaibamon.7206 said:

why should I wait for them to re-add relic effects I've been using for years? And then why should I regrind for them? I did my time in the dungeons to get my relics..Again, I want my golemancy rune, this was very important for me.

I have played on the new map, but it's not fun without my rune. I can't enjoy it, they removed something I loved and I feel as I've lost money that I can't recover from this expansion. What do you want me to do? Look at my posts, I barley talk here, I minded my business and played now for 2-3 years without complaint. What is wrong with me finally telling them what my issues are?

I'm honestly sorry your only way of enjoying gw2's combat and map exploration has been stripped away from you. I think you are not alone on this (there's many pirates and rock dog owners that share your frustation). This thread, however, ain't the place where you'll be able to propose a solution for that. Try creating a new one with a better title or jump on someone else's that's already proposing improvements rather than whatever is going on in here.

Edited by Uete.3805
Apparently I forgot how to English properly
  • Confused 3

I think the worst thing is, that i played WoW the past 2 month and Baldurs Gate 3 lately and now i see how Gw2 turned more into WoW, while BG3 showed me what is wrong with all those systems and that i want the simplicity of Gw1 and early Gw2 back.

Gotta say, i regret buying this addon and got blinded by the great End of Dragons addon... same with Legion to BfA back in the WoW days.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

According to forums: less rune effects + less dailies = ruined game, literally unplayable, worst expansion ever... 🙃

First time? I saw complaints that the turtle being locked behind the meta or the Strike ruined the game when EoD came out, saw the same threads about mounts as well. 

Do Relics and the WV have issues? Yes, but whoever's legit thinking the game is ruined by them needs to touch grass.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

I feel the same, so far I am really enjoying the expansion. 
But yeah, people who want to have fun play the game, people who want to cry visit the forum 🤣

Generally speaking I think happy customers pay more with their wallets than see the need to type or write words of praise. Conversely those unhappy see the best option is to provide more 'direct' feedback, in this case to anet on the forums. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This may be the last time I will buy something GW2-related with real money. I have been an on and off player since the start, but I always enjoyed my time here. The dailies were a nice way of having some playing time and maybe stick around for an hour or two. With the lack of choice now, I feel this has completely removed my incentive to start the game. So basically, what this update does is keeping me from playing the game.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, bjoernsen.4901 said:

This may be the last time I will buy something GW2-related with real money. I have been an on and off player since the start, but I always enjoyed my time here. The dailies were a nice way of having some playing time and maybe stick around for an hour or two. With the lack of choice now, I feel this has completely removed my incentive to start the game. So basically, what this update does is keeping me from playing the game.

Let's put it this way, with or without dailies, it remained a major problem. Staying 2 hours on a half-dead video game, where the only occupations are daily newspapers to do on a loop, it's boring, if all they add is doomed to ruin and discontent. It was just the last straw, that's all.  We are witnessing the end of Arenanet and Guild Wars 2. Well done ! What an unfortunate pleasure to see this company finally go down. Sad to see a company literally spitting on a gold mine of possibilities, but relieved to see that people are waking up a bit when they finally see the extent of the damage. 🤭

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2