Valdhertz crypts (mini-dungeon) still bugged and is now a daily?

ANet, please give us more missions to choose from. The new daily system has a lot of good things. But sometimes the missions are tedious.

Having more missions will also prevent issues like this from completely breaking the daily system.

I'm perfectly fine with dailys requiring you to do stuff you wouldn't normally do. But even if this mission worked. It'd be locked behind a hidden achievement.

I don't want to spend 45 minutes doing my daily missions, because I also want to join strikes, defend Tarir, participate in dragonstorm, and explore the latest expansion. Having daily missions take long will not cause me to play Gw2 more often. It will only cause me to do less content that I enjoy.

Edited by EspressoWizard.7428
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

does noone from anet actually play their game? its been know this dungeon is bugged since the release of eod.
Which is somewhat fine, its a dungeon noone really cares about. But putting it as a DAILY, that almost EVERYONE HAS to complete, is just adding insult to injury.
I hope they autocomplete the daily for everyone today, this is just not playable

Edited by Tibuss.4527
  • Like 3

I am searching for new instances of The Echovald Wilds.

The following instances are bugged:

.14, .21, .43, .70, .76, .102,.143, .145, .148, .165, .245

Type /ip in your chat and if the last number is different from the previous list please say so

This is the message of the squad I am in at the moment...

Please disable this mini-dungeon from the daily rotation until it is playable.

• Like 4

Hi. Like everyone here, I'm quite displeased about the current state of this mini-dungeon.

I wanted to add that despite this happening, adding that kind of thing to dailies is a nice way to get people to discover things (I had never heard of this mini-dungeon before today). It's a two-edged sword though, because this game is full of obscure activities that people never do because they have been bugged for YEARS (btw is octovine north fixed yet ?).

I strongly recommend a thorough playtesting of everything that's got added in the daily tasks pool to avoid that kind of problem in the future.

• Like 2

When I saw this come up as a daily I knew people were in for a bad time. A mini dungeon for which completion credit is known to bug out when more than one person is doing it, now having everyone there trying to do it and basically guaranteeing that no one will be able to get credit. At least maybe there's a chance it will get fixed now, given that this has really put a spotlight on how broken it is?

• Like 1

Adding my two cents here as well - this needs to be removed. It's a ridiculous add to the daily pool that Anet has known to be broken since EoD released, at least. Anet, remove it. Please. You can't seem to fix it and that's okay I guess but you also really need to not make it a requirement for your new daily system.

While the dungeon is a great idea, it's terrible in execution when so commonly, more than one person attempting it have so much trouble getting the dungeon to register completion at various stages, entirely breaking progression of the event chain.

Edited by LameMule.4137
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I really begin to think no one at Anet is playing this game anymore. This event is known to break constantly since EoD Release AND it's locked behind a hidden achievment. How is that an option for a daily reward?

We either need more than 4 daily options to avoid bugged stuff like this, or events that are known to be broken cannot be put into the daily rotation.
Well, the dungeon could also be fixed, but that's very unlikely at this point...

• Like 3

you think they'll ever show how many hours has been played with a normal game account by whoever that has signed off on all these changes? genuinely curious whether the hours are in the single- or double-digit range, or if they even have more than 100 achievement points or a level 80 character.