The requirements for the open world legendary armor posted by u/Dark-Fire

Zero.1028

14 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Thnx for that. Yup, that's a silly amount of essences needed. Gen 2 weapons did similar but at least they were with generic mats. It will be interesting to see how farming groups form around this.  Happy hunting all.

It's a lot indeed. 

Not all meta events are out so maybe the later ones reward more. I dont know.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Thnx for that. Yup, that's a silly amount of essences needed. Gen 2 weapons did similar but at least they were with generic mats. It will be interesting to see how farming groups form around this.  Happy hunting all.

Yeah and Gen 2's you can just buy the mats and I don't think you can buy the essence so that's a lot of grinding rifts 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zero.1028 said:

Yeah and Gen 2's you can just buy the mats and I don't think you can buy the essence so that's a lot of grinding rifts 

Agreed. I'm guessing the legendary rifts are going to be the best way to go when they finally come out. I can see legendary rift hunting squads running the maps the way leviathan hunting and leg bounty squads operate now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Agreed. I'm guessing the legendary rifts are going to be the best way to go when they finally come out. I can see legendary rift hunting squads running the maps the way leviathan hunting and leg bounty squads operate now.

yeah as it is right now rift farming is really boring and expensive too so we'll see what happens later on 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zero.1028 said:

yeah as it is right now rift farming is really boring and expensive too so we'll see what happens later on 

I've seen mention of the expense. Haven't gotten in game yet. Does it cost materials to open them? Close them? Or do all players who participate have to spend materials to get rewards?

19 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I've seen mention of the expense. Haven't gotten in game yet. Does it cost materials to open them? Close them? Or do all players who participate have to spend materials to get rewards?

From what I understand, the person opening the rift needs to use a crafted item to make it a T2 or T3 rift.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

From what I understand, the person opening the rift needs to use a crafted item to make it a T2 or T3 rift.

Yup and the amount of t2 and t3 essences that you'll need will make crafting those items pretty expensive in the long run. I already see people talking about mooching off people with the items and honestly I don't blame them lol

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Zero.1028 said:

Yup and the amount of t2 and t3 essences that you'll need will make crafting those items pretty expensive in the long run. I already see people talking about mooching off people with the items and honestly I don't blame them lol

I don't know that it's "mooching". The T2 and T3 rifts are group events by design. So looking at it that way for each one crafted multiple people should be getting rewards.

• Confused 1

I was just thinking about the list of requirements and it seems weird to me that each armor item needs full SotO map completion. Not unacceptable obviously. Just funny that you need to run around the full map 6 times for 1 weight of armor. Those rifts are going to take far longer, so this is a drop in the bucket for time spent on this.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1