There are no eggs!

Is this bugged if you already own skyscale? Myself and several other people have hit up all the nests and no egg. We all have skyscales already so is the API bugged and reading as completed? Its the only way to get one of the monthly done. And i think it wont show if you already have the mount from before.

Instead of downvoting would be helpful if people with the skyscale from before let me know if they can get the egg. or are they not getting one.

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

56 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Is this bugged if you already own skyscale? Myself and several other people have hit up all the nests and no egg. We all have skyscales already so is the API bugged and reading as completed? Its the only way to get one of the monthly done. And i think it wont show if you already have the mount from before.

Instead of downvoting would be helpful if people with the skyscale from before let me know if they can get the egg. or are they not getting one.

Didn't start soto yet, but in another thread there's someone who already had the skyscale:

And they wrote they found the egg after a while:

So sounds like it should still be possible to find one.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I already own a skyscale from LWS4 and I found an egg eventually. After hit and miss searching over several days I eventually used one of the guides with the sole purpose of finding one in a single play session. After no luck on the first map I finally got one on the second.

I can't say for certain but I believe that the nests respawn after a time so the egg may be in a nest that you had already checked on a different play session. It could also be completely RNG.

5 hours ago, Tere.4759 said:

If the map locations are correct, there are missing nests.  I just got to the second zone and half the nests are MIA, nests that I haven't interacted with.  This is really annoying, I have been at this for 7 sessions now and no egg.

Try an off-peak time if you can; after more than a week of looking I finally found one on an early-morning login session. I was already about 3/4 of the way done with the new skyscale masteries before I ever found an egg, which is a ridiculous level of disconnect between parts of the newly "streamlined" process.

I'm absolutely convinced that the nests are first come first served, and the most likely reason there are so many sites without nests is because someone else got there first. They do eventually respawn, but it's unclear what the timer is on that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Try an off-peak time if you can; after more than a week of looking I finally found one on an early-morning login session. I was already about 3/4 of the way done with the new skyscale masteries before I ever found an egg, which is a ridiculous level of disconnect between parts of the newly "streamlined" process.

I'm absolutely convinced that the nests are first come first served, and the most likely reason there are so many sites without nests is because someone else got there first. They do eventually respawn, but it's unclear what the timer is on that.

I'm guessing you are right and they despawn when someone else gets there first.