Use heart to close rifts. Am I doing it wrong?

Been stuck on this step since launch day. Finding it almost impossible to close a rift or even find them in time as either people have moved on and Can't solo the entire event or I find one and 4 people close it in 5 seconds leaving everyone else outta luck.. What I am doing wrong or did some dev thought it was such a good idea to leave story progression to what seems like luck. 

• Like 1

The heart will direct you to the next one with wind effects showing the direction and it should show on the map as well. Once you get the waypoints, it becomes a bit quicker. I do recommend keybinding the heart to its own key for ease

They tend to spawn in set areas, so worst case scenario, you can camp a spot. There is a bit of luck involved in it, but it shouldnt be a hurdle you can't get over 

Thanks for the tips, It's just a shame they brought back the bits I hated about heart of thorns. Map's in which ease of travel rely on grind time, story progress on other player activity (meaning if you are too slow, the population is then too low to progress the story) and too few way points that male the whole thing a time sink...

Edited by Shanaeri Rynale.6897

4 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The heart will direct you to the next one with wind effects showing the direction and it should show on the map as well. Once you get the waypoints, it becomes a bit quicker. I do recommend keybinding the heart to its own key for ease

They tend to spawn in set areas, so worst case scenario, you can camp a spot. There is a bit of luck involved in it, but it shouldnt be a hurdle you can't get over 

Some Rifts are also bugged

28 minutes ago, Shanaeri Rynale.6897 said:

Thanks for the tips, It's just a shame they brought back the bits I hated about heart of thorns. Map's in which ease of travel rely on grind time, story progress on other player activity (meaning if you are too slow, the population is then too low to progress the story) and too few way points that male the whole thing a time sink...

Do you have a Mentor tag or commander tag?

Put it up and get other player to join you! That way you will see where other players are going and don't need to be too late to get to Rift.

Channel your Heart skill, open main map and you should see a red circle on map where Rift and mobs with special markers will be.

Use Beetle, Jackal and Raptor when there is ground (Jackal can also be faster from air then Gliding, if you have Crystal Champion mastery from PoF).

Don't forget Fireball you get on Skyscale which can be used from air on ground targets. Will give you time to hit at leaste some mobs or Rift boss to count as participation.

As I write earlier, some Rifts are bugged at the moment, they spawn, but nothing happens for a long time or the just jump to next stage, so don't get dishearten by this.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

4 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The wind effect needs more color contrast for some of us.   I though it was visual noise because the first few times it was always moving the same direction.

10 minutes ago, suialthor.7164 said:

The wind effect needs more color contrast for some of us.   I though it was visual noise because the first few times it was always moving the same direction.

Read my post above about how you can see where Rift should be when you use that skill (Heart).

The visual effect isn't very helpfull when you have mountains, buildings or other objects blocking your path and sometime it is on the other side of map or land from where yourself happens to be.

After some time you will also learn where to go as Rift spawn in the same location as nodes. Not much different from Bounty in PoF maps.