What is the criteria now for getting credit for Defending WvW Objectives?

this also belongs in the general wvw forum, but I've had the most success with waiting to kill attackers till they are inside or while they're on a gate or something, theres some kind of aoe similar to the presence in which kills count and if they're outside of it they don't.

I'd honestly be down for the aoe to be expanded though, because without wall rep counting it makes getting defenses in small scale very hard even though sometimes the small fights matter more than the blob v blob in a paper tower 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah they literally have to be inside the tower/keep/whatever, and then you need to actually get credit for killing them. But you don't need to be inside when the clock hits midnight, you just need to have gotten the kill inside the zone within the time limit. So ideally you want to actually sabotage the defense to let them in, and then call in a zerg to kill them once inside. The timing is really tricky because if the zerg comes too early, you get nothing, and if it comes too late then the tower flips.

The most productive way to get it done is actually to get as large a group of people as possible, then hide out near a camp stacking stealth and wait for pip farmers to show up, then everyone gank them together and BM.

Killed squad, got credit for kills, chased squad off tower, came back, no defense credit. I think it needs to be reverted. I think they changed it because people were repairing walls and getting credit, but honestly I am fine with that, if they are delaying a wall coming down while people get there its as important as anything

4 hours ago, Bish.8627 said:

Killed squad, got credit for kills, chased squad off tower, came back, no defense credit. I think it needs to be reverted. I think they changed it because people were repairing walls and getting credit, but honestly I am fine with that, if they are delaying a wall coming down while people get there its as important as anything

Did you stomp anyone or was it aoe kills?  Just wondering.

• 2 months later...

I get credit for defending Ogre Watch, Veloka, Langor, Aldon trebbing enemy from keep. I think there is a minimum amount of damage you have to deliver, when the attacker is dead you will be credited. So having a good squad to help you kill enemy you have done dmg to is vital. If you plan to defend using siege.

I don't get credit for defend but get credit for kill when:

Using warclam, even if it says fatal fang successful

Doesn't get credit if I use finisher on already downed player last minute to help rally an ally

Doesn't get credit if I provided stabs and didn't do any damage to the kill

Doesn't get credit if I only swing once or twice at attackers.