"No line of sight" on meta boss Maw Of Nourys

FrancisN.9276

It's all DE, bosses that are 'structures' in the envronment often don't work with Deadeye Mark; like Octovine, The moist Rock boss in Fractals, and Leviathan for example (Mark can work underwater on Levi but Malice doesn't reliably generate). It wont be fixed, just gotta live with it or not play the spec. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SoftPup.3048 said:

This is why I just don't play DE in open world. 😔

Actually, this kitten is everywhere - OW, fractals, dungeons, etc. Sad, but true.

To answer this question and similar ones in a more detailed way: you just have to come to terms with it. Yes, it's unpleasant, but it won't get better; more critical issues go unaddressed for years, and ANet doesn't even pay attention to such minor details.

My advice (which I also follow) is to think positively! That is, live for today and let the thought emerge in your mind that things aren't really that bad right now, and even the opposite — they're good! Think about the fact that it will get even worse in the future, but that "future" hasn't arrived yet. All classes have similar problems; some are very critical, some are less so, but there's nothing in the game that operates without bugs, no matter how excellent this game is (and it's undoubtedly excellent, and will forever remain so for me, as contradictory as that may sound).

Edited by Antrix.4512

34 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

Actually, this kitten is everywhere - OW, fractals, dungeons, etc. Sad, but true.

To answer this question and similar ones in a more detailed way: you just have to come to terms with it. Yes, it's unpleasant, but it won't get better; more critical issues go unaddressed for years, and ANet doesn't even pay attention to such minor details.

My advice (which I also follow) is to think positively! That is, live for today and let the thought emerge in your mind that things aren't really that bad right now, and even the opposite — they're good! Think about the fact that it will get even worse in the future, but that "future" hasn't arrived yet. All classes have similar problems; some are very critical, some are less so, but there's nothing in the game that operates without bugs, no matter how excellent this game is (and it's undoubtedly excellent, and will forever remain so for me, as contradictory as that may sound).

Come to terms with it is one option, playing Daredevil or Spectre are two more 🙂

36 minutes ago, Strutter.2719 said:

Come to terms with it is one option, playing Daredevil or Spectre are two more 🙂

Well, you don't have to tell me that. I play with all the specializations and try out (and will continue to try out) all possible more or less viable variations of each spec. My 8 build and gear templates slots are full, and I'm not even sure that's enough for me 😁 

I want to get everything out of this class, try all possible builds, both those created by seasoned build-makers and something of my own. Only then might I consider trying another class. But for now, despite all of Thief's shortcomings, I can't see myself playing any other profession (although I do plan to try Engineer in the future). Currently, I'm learning to heal, going against the system and the commonly accepted meta specs. Progress is being made, but not as quickly as I would like — the mechanics are complex but interesting.

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

😁 

I want to get everything out of this class, try all possible builds, both those created by seasoned build-makers and something of my own. Only then might I consider trying another class. But for now, despite all of Thief's shortcomings, I can't see myself playing any other profession (although I do plan to try Engineer in the future). Currently, I'm learning to heal, going against the system and the commonly accepted meta specs. Progress is being made, but not as quickly as I would like — the mechanics are complex but interesting.

This is exactly how I feel about Thief class. Much as I want to main an Anet's favorite like Guardian or Necro, I am totally hooked on the ingenuity and the freedom of the initiative mechanic. It is ahead of its time, while all other classes are still designed in old-schooled MMO style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strutter.2719 said:

I went with second option, I just can't stand playing Deadeye, it's so clunky and frustrating with class mechanics that consistantly fail to work and a boring weapon that has little to offer.

I also don't like having to toggle off/on my auto attack between templates all the time to bandaid the issues with DE stealth attacks. I'd rather just not bother with the spec at all.

Edited by Doggie.3184

1 hour ago, Antrix.4512 said:

Well, you don't have to tell me that. I play with all the specializations and try out (and will continue to try out) all possible more or less viable variations of each spec. My 8 build and gear templates slots are full, and I'm not even sure that's enough for me 😁 

I'm the same. As much as it can be clunky and as much as anet seem to hate us, I believe that thief is the true representation of the flexibility that makes gw2 combat different from other games.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

I went with second option, I just can't stand playing Deadeye, it's so clunky and frustrating with class mechanics that consistantly fail to work and a boring weapon that has little to offer.

I also don't like having to toggle off/on my auto attack between templates all the time to bandaid the issues with DE stealth attacks. I'd rather just not bother with the spec at all.

I understand you. I've gone through all the stages — denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance — but there's something in this class that I don't see in others. I've come to terms with all the inconveniences and even gotten used to them. And who would have thought — it all started with me criticizing "the most idiotic class with the most idiotic stealth mechanics" 😁

• 1 month later...

It happened with me as well.

Also as a separate issue... I don't use action cam, because of it's many issues, but out of curiosity I tried testing it out with specter and I have similar issues for Maw. While using action cam, ranged weapons for thief need to point way way up to the target in order to do any damage at all.

Note: for my deadeye play/testing above I was not using action camera. My default is to have it off, but I do have a button to toggle it.

EDIT: if anyone else sees this can you help another thief out, by replying to the bug thread?

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 12:44 AM, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

goes to prove they would fix it for other classes but when a thief cant fully immerse in the game they dont care

Probably because other players for other classes make more noise about things like this. If no one comments on it then they might see it as a lower priority issue. That's one reason why I asked if others could reply to the bug thread.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1