Relic system?

On 8/27/2023 at 8:22 PM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

This is like saying you had to pay for school when you grew up but today kids get school for free therefore your time spent going to school was a waste.

it’s a fallacy. The system worked the way it did back then, the system works in the way that it does now, time passes all the same and the experience what you experience in your life continues.

Maybe you should live in communist Russia. LOL

• Confused 2

On 8/29/2023 at 3:18 AM, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Honestly the relic system broke so many of my characters that I'm not really playing anymore. Only my open world reaper still seems to function well enough.

I'm waiting for others to figure out what relics we're supposed to use. They aren't available on trade post either so I don't really understand how you're suppose to fix your old builds that got wrecked.

Basically, they added a gear grind after promising not to. So now the game is significantly less enticing to play.  I've dropped a lot of games for this reason, and gw2 is on the same path.

Amen

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It's all in the title.    [edit: my post was moved, the title was "Please Anet, consider bringing back all runes 6th level effects as relics"]

I've lost all the fun I had in the game, playing builds I had loved for years. I do miss it, and seeing my characters amputated like this is kinda hard. I can't convince myself to play again. Call me crazy but I love my characters. I've spent  so much time with them, countless nights both in WvW and PVE.

I understand the idea and will behind the relic system. It's a good idea. What I don't understand is removing contents and mechanics that were not source of problems or exploits. Even the Rune of the Trapper. I know haters kept whining about that one, but it was a very vocal minority compared to all players who enjoyed it. It was not unbalanced, nor unfair.

No 6th level effect was so problematic it warranted removal like this. Even effects that were deemed "useless" were used by some players. What's the harm in letting people play "non-opti" or "non-meta" builds if they have fun with them?

This is not a hate post, just a regret post. Like I said I miss the builds I enjoyed for thousand of hours, and I don't understand why you felt the need to remove effects that were sources of fun to players. 

So please, just take time to think about it and don't dismiss the idea.

Thanks

[edit: Not a huge fan of having my post moved in another thread like this. It feels like Anet is making a dumpster for requests about relics 😞

I guess I'm clinging to a GW2 that no longer exists. You know, the "have fun the way you like" GW2 that was so different from other games where devs needlessly restrict players or arbitrarily remove content without hearing their community. I've felt free to play as I wanted in GW2 for more than 10 years so I guess I should already feel lucky having had so many great moments in this game... ]

Edited by Eclipsiste.3251
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1