Please fix the hacks in this game mode

Hesione.9412

On 9/9/2023 at 2:13 PM, Aeolus.3615 said:

have u guys seen that tiktop crap where people say that gw2 is the only mmo that bans players personally with that dev that entered  in the hacker acocunt and kill the toon?

they promote it as the free cheat mmo where hackers get punished by devs, when my friend showed that idk if cry or facepalm.. laugh was not an option i even avoided to watch the comments bet would be full of delusional people, its the trend nowadays.

Oh, yeah i remember that. Im also pretty sure that was the 1st and only time they actually banned someone 🤭

Edited by Thomas.2564
  • Haha 1

"Cheating, the act of winning in a competition based on unfair advantages over one’s opponents"

Guild Wars 2 Profession Design, Balance, Stealth Mechanic - winning in a competition based on unfair advantages over one’s opponents

Do you see any similarities or differences?  

"You can not preach to the choir when you are practicing the same thing"

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

"Cheating, the act of winning in a competition based on unfair advantages over one’s opponents"

Guild Wars 2 Profession Design, Balance, Stealth Mechanic - winning in a competition based on unfair advantages over one’s opponents

Do you see any similarities or differences?  

"You can not preach to the choir when you are practicing the same thing"

Yea I see a difference. You keep saying stealth is unfair across multiple threads when there are counters to it. It would be unfair if players didn't have counters to the mechanic.

• Confused 1

On 9/11/2023 at 8:40 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

Yea I see a difference. You keep saying stealth is unfair across multiple threads when there are counters to it. It would be unfair if players didn't have counters to the mechanic.

Well people can have its grudge against stealth, imo i dont mind but i found some issues which kinda borks up the game,. for example my issue with stealth is the delay/desync between caster and target Ç_Ç and the netcode issues arround stealth mechanics where thief can load a full burst and only rendering in the last moments of the burst on the target, but the entering in stealth will be almost accurate, so in my screen i see my hp down w/o target randering then i have a 1sec sometimes thief dont fully render and go stealth again, sometimes figthing a thief dont dont render is not fun at all....

I think it is this what happens to most people that rage against how OP stealth is...  stealth as a mechanics is not OP its broken cause can  work in a way that  is not intended, but despise the rendering delay out of stealth which is strong as F* already, overall it's OK.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2023 at 9:14 PM, Hesione.9412 said:

My server is red this week, and we - in the last two hours - have had air and fire both taken by hackers. In the past, we've had Stoic stolen too, by a player who hides under the upper floor.

It's really demoralising trying to play a game mode, and face hackers one week after another. I'm not mentioning the server that is doing it, as it appears most of the NA servers are doing it now. If you want players to quit WvW, this is one way of going about it.

Desert has been a hacker's paradise since it was introduced to this game mode. Just delete it and put in another alpine.

They just said, they will get to that next year 😁

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 4:14 PM, Hesione.9412 said:

My server is red this week, and we - in the last two hours - have had air and fire both taken by hackers. In the past, we've had Stoic stolen too, by a player who hides under the upper floor.

It's really demoralising trying to play a game mode, and face hackers one week after another. I'm not mentioning the server that is doing it, as it appears most of the NA servers are doing it now. If you want players to quit WvW, this is one way of going about it.

Desert has been a hacker's paradise since it was introduced to this game mode. Just delete it and put in another alpine.

I not agree delete this most beautiful map. Just add more invisible walls.

On 8/29/2023 at 1:12 PM, Aviator.3904 said:

You have to be carefull... ANet seems not to like forum post which point out there might be cheaters/hackers 😄 the other post from PapaBob was deleted without any notice cuz there were videos that proofed there are accounts using hacks 😄 Good Job A-Net 😄

Accusations against other players are against forum rules. If you have video evidence you open a ticket and submit it to support, not the forums. But yes, there are players hacking, and yes they can get banned. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zephyrus.9680 said:

Accusations against other players are against forum rules. If you have video evidence you open a ticket and submit it to support, not the forums. But yes, there are players hacking, and yes they can get banned. 

"can" and "do" are two very different things 😄

• Thanks 1