"Improved Equipment Warnings"

The new "Improved Equipment Warnings", where they display a red exclamation mark on your equipment under certain circumstances, is a nightmare.

Literally every piece of gear on any character that isn't completely maxed out shows this warning. 

It may just be an ADHD thing but I cannot stand seeing these warnings. It looks like a notification that I should be able to be disabled by viewing it- but it never goes away. Every character I level from here until the end of time will now, apparently, display these notifications at all times until that character reaches max level and is appropriately geared out.

I honestly don't know if I'm going to pick up the new expansion anymore. I know it seems silly to fret over a small feature like this, but it sends my anxiety through the roof every time I open my inventory.

I've been casually playing this game on and off since launch day. This is the only thing that's ever been done to the game that's made me consider uninstalling it completely. I hate this change so much.

Is anyone else frustrated by this? That we don't even have the option to disable it seems like an oversight. 

Edited by Drag Harlen.8426
grammatical error
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

I'm really frustrated about these because when I try to play PvP, it now always says my build is missing stuff.

okay I forgot to equip a relic. Fixed.

Yea, I have some trinkets without an upgrade, I wouldn't have thought that mattered since PvP is supposed to standardize your stats. But sure I can add something cheap. Oh, really? the Ascended ones too because that slot is mainly for agony resistance, I mean you can get items to put in there that increase your stats a bit but it's bonus. Yea, not doing that rn. 

Um, yes I'd probably do better in most game modes upgrading my rarities, but PvP is meant to standardize stuff and I have better stuff (mostly exotics with a few ascended trinkets, yea my underwater mask has a low value rune on it, but keep in mind exotic underwater mask barely exists in this game--my theory is that people hate underwater partly because their mask is usually not as upgraded) than what they sell at the PvP vendor (basic/white, not even blue). Can't readily upgrade everything I have tho.

Edited by willow.8209
apparently "common unidentified gear", which is blue, is Fine unidentified gear
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Benevolent.4083 said:

I mean, I guess it's an okay feature for new players that don't think to do that stuff. But for players that know it already, it a bit of an eye sore seeing those red exclamation marks all over your armor. Lol.

Actually, I think it is even worse for new players.  My key farming character has the highest level gear you can use at beginner level with the best runes I can put in.  Yet, every piece of gear has a red exclamation point and suggests I put in a higher level upgrade.  Meanwhile, my back straps that have no stats or upgrade at all (I have it just for decoration) has no exclamation point on it even though I could put better gear in that slot.  If I were a new player that would be as confusing as heck for me.

Edited by Mattahood.9423
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Just one of so many ways this expansion I am not even going to buy is making the game I loved so much far less enjoyable. reminds me of when Cataclysm hit WoW and SWTOR dropped 7.0.

MMO companies seem incapable of learning that you do not make changes to the base game, you build upon it because every single player you have maintained you did so with that base game.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

I'd like different icons that mean different things.  An exclamation point makes it seem like I have a problem, where as an upgrade arrow for instance might alert me to an item that needs a better rune, etc.   

To be fair, the icon did alert me that I needed a Relic so I like it for slots that are missing items.

Edited by illuminati.8453
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Mattahood.9423 said:

Actually, I think it is even worse for new players.  My key farming character has the highest level gear you can use at beginner level with the best runes I can put in.  Yet, every piece of gear has a red exclamation point and suggests I put in a higher level upgrade.  Meanwhile, my back straps that have no stats or upgrade at all (I have it just for decoration) has no exclamation point on it even though I could put better gear in that slot.  If I were a new player that would be as confusing as heck for me.

that makes sense

On 8/28/2023 at 12:43 PM, XSevSpreeX.2143 said:

It's a good idea, but needs a toggle and/or shouldn't apply to characters under 80.

Yes, exactly. A character under 80 won't even have the option to have "best in slot" gear, so it seems pointless to have them be notified about not equipping it. 

• Like 1