Legendary Relic progress

No one can until the second quarterly update (estimated in February) when they are added to the game... Anet's track record indicates that they won't say anything until release either.

Edit: I personally speculate that there will be a huge uproar if the "progress" has a deadline.

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I expect ANet to hand out "fragments" for each legendary rune you have (see a concept I posted here before: )

people without legendary runes would have to craft all the fragments for a complete "Gift of Relics" from the start, while Legendary Rune owners would get fragments as a compensation.

We will know next year...

I'm of mixed minds:

On the one hand, crafting runes now will give you "some progress" towards a relic as well.

On the other hand, the crafting cost of runes should be tuned down once the relic is released, as they have removed arguably the most significant part of why people build legendary runes.  ~2.8k gold equivalent for stat changes is ridiculous.  Once they compensate people for investing in runes already, there will probably be a hard date-switch where the price is adjusted and compensation is no longer given after that date.

So crafting now costs more, but gets you progress toward the relic.  Crafting later *may* be cheaper, but gets you no secondary progress.

Yea thats one of the other things that is hiting my mind so im stuck on what to choose, i got enough materials and gold to craft my my gen 2 shining blade but i want the leggy relic, and some progress on it would make me wondrous but i dunno how much progress if ofered or how it will even work, i think im still going to go to runes just because once its done is done, and cry later in case was not the best option regardless im still doing both later i guess... 

Well it depends companies care to a degree when their profits are hurt, though i have taken notice anet cares more then BlizzardActivision or Square Enix for example, but that is not saying much, companies are companies i personally do not trust them unless i am presented with proper content from their games, to the point where i literally blacklisted a ton of them, won't purchase games of any companies i blacklisted no matter how good it turns out to be.

• Haha 1

I would use the mats on other legendary items.   It is just too much of a risk right now given their communications have been poor on the subject and from what we have heard it looks like they were totally taken by surprise about people owning legendary runes wanting compensation.  

Besides, those Gifts of Craftsmanship are going to be needed for armor.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1