Currently owned items not counting for collection

2 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I have a Gift of Craftsmanship currently in my bank, pre-SOTO.  Why does it not count towards the legendary collection.  Why do I need to go invest in an entirely new one to get credit?  Yes, I know I'll need more but I'm confused.  

I have the same issue. I was mining and got obsidian shards that opened my collections (for what seemed like a later step in legendary? confusing but probably nice).. However my clovers and gifts of x and other things in the bank/material storage don't register, even if I move them to player inventory. I even bought a clover with astrals and it still didn't add to any collections-- that need clovers as I checked.

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Same issue here. 3 Gifts of Exploration and a Gift of the Forgeman not counting towards any legendary collections. Have removed them from my bank and put them back several times. No option to add to collection when right clicking on it either. 

Also, not sure if it's intended or not, but the ectos that I took out of my bank that initially triggered all these collections are now account bound and don't stack with my other ectos.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

What does these new legendary collection do anyway?

They don't reward you with the item?

Don't you make it in mystic forge?

Assuming it's like the steps to legendary.  Get some exotics, then some ascended, and then craft stuff that eventually turns into legendary.  Lol I have no clue, it just pops up as I collect things.  Except I noticed the problem children who don't register 😡

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

Not much, but they're 3AP each I think.

Never mind. I was looking at the wrong collections. They don't really do much, but I think they serve as an in game guide to make legendary crafting a bit easier to follow for newer players (which isn't nothing).

I think they (each individual collection) would work better if they unlocked when you got that specific precursor. That was it wasn't registering to every collection, thus making any legendary after the first one harder to follow.

Edited by idpersona.3810

On 8/28/2023 at 9:37 PM, jokke.6239 said:

They don't reward you with the item?

Don't you make it in mystic forge?

I think it's just a way to see what you need and track your progress.

Originally legendaries were a complete mystery, in the first few months of the games life players were working together to figure out the recipes and where to get the components and I think that's exactly what Anet intended. But it hasn't been a mystery for years (except to players who don't use the wiki) and later legendary items have collections to show you what to do. I was able to get Ad Infinitum exclusively following the collections in-game. These new collections serve the same purpose for the older legendaries.

The ones for the Dreamer and the Lover (the two gen 1 weapons I have) were complete by the time I noticed them and I don't remember getting anything extra from them so I don't think there's any new rewards, just a way to track your progress.

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think it's just a way to see what you need and track your progress.

Originally legendaries were a complete mystery, in the first few months of the games life players were working together to figure out the recipes and where to get the components and I think that's exactly what Anet intended. But it hasn't been a mystery for years (except to players who don't use the wiki) and later legendary items have collections to show you what to do. I was able to get Ad Infinitum exclusively following the collections in-game. These new collections serve the same purpose for the older legendaries.

The ones for the Dreamer and the Lover (the two gen 1 weapons I have) were complete by the time I noticed them and I don't remember getting anything extra from them so I don't think there's any new rewards, just a way to track your progress.

That's true

But that goes for a lot of stuff in Wiki Wars 2, ahem ... Guild Wars 2 😅

• 3 weeks later...

I have made Quip in the mystic forge using the Legendary Starter Kit and the collection is not completed. Gift of the Nobleman is still not acquired. Gift of Entertainment is also not showing acquired on other collections.

These are interfering with my nearly completed achievement list.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692