Daily Weekly WV Choices that are not possible with the current setup

I have tried to point this out before in a different post because it is enough of a difference to all the other threads that are complaining but I still got lumped in with the rest of the posts... Sigh

I don't per say have a problem with the WV.

I do have a problem with the fact I want to do PvP as Dailies and WvW as Weeklies but this is completely impossible because if I tick both I get a mix of both in both sections.. The solution is either set it up in the way it was with the previous setup of Login with 4 choices of each OR make it that you can choose between PvP, PvE and WvW in Dailies and separately in the Weekly section I can choose between PvP, PvE and WvW

Adding 1 more choice for PvE is not a solution and doesn't fix what I want to be able to do NOR should it satisify ANYONE here... I am fairly sure that I am not the only one that wants to be able to do one type of gameplay for dailies and another for weeklies....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

chose wvw on sunday night before going to bed.

Get wvw daily/weekly monday then untick wvw, tick spvp and have that the rest of the week?

I am quoting because I think that doing it this way will not have that one day that is off the desired mode.

Could you set your  pick to WvW after daily reset in that, I think, 7 hour window before weekly reset, and then the next day, after weeklies are set, but before daily reset, change it to PvP?  That should lock you in for WvW weeklies and give you PvP dailies.  Not positive that it would work, but based on my limited use of the system it seems like it might.  All that said, I agree you should not need to use a work around like this. 

Basically, Linken is correct, but I am wondering if you can avoid getting the one day of WvW dalies.

35 minutes ago, Erich.1783 said:

I am quoting because I think that doing it this way will not have that one day that is off the desired mode.

Could you set your  pick to WvW after daily reset in that, I think, 7 hour window before weekly reset, and then the next day, after weeklies are set, but before daily reset, change it to PvP?  That should lock you in for WvW weeklies and give you PvP dailies.  Not positive that it would work, but based on my limited use of the system it seems like it might.  All that said, I agree you should not need to use a work around like this. 

Basically, Linken is correct, but I am wondering if you can avoid getting the one day of WvW dalies.

Yea true daily and weekly dont reset the same time that is true.

Just now, Firebird Gomer.9563 said:

But still a nightmare.... And who wants to do that  every week.... I would rather have it (and I am sure others would as well) set up so you don't have to do that.

I think your in a extreem minority most people stick to one game mode.

• Confused 3

You are probably correct... I probably am the extreme minority. And your work around is a good idea. Just painful to remember to do each week... Set and forget would be better.

I only bring the idea up because I really haven't seen any other posts about it... Lots of posts about this isn't fair and that isn't right. Which really does lead me to think and agree with you that I am in the minority LOL. But I hope I am not the only one. 😃

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The best way would be to just have all modes unlocked all the time (like before). I play all modes and don't really schedule what mode I will play the next day/week. But I also dont really have time to play all modes in a day. 

Or if the game actually asked you each day, what mode will you play today, this week. But I think its just unnecessary complication. Just give us all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

The best way would be to just have all modes unlocked all the time (like before). I play all modes and don't really schedule what mode I will play the next day/week. But I also dont really have time to play all modes in a day. 

Or if the game actually asked you each day, what mode will you play today, this week. But I think its just unnecessary complication. Just give us all. 

Sometimes no matter how hard you try you just cant get that PvP win.... And so you fall back on a PvE or a WvW..... I do agree they need to have a setup like the old system... But because they obviously dont want people earning too much AA then when you complete 4 lock the rest out..... Not being a programmer but it cant be too hard to have a "if 4 dailies completed then uncompleted dailies become locked" line of code surely.

• Like 1

In my experience it seems normal and reasonable to want to pick different game modes in different situations

I still think it would fix so many problems if they brought back lots of choices. Sure, they would want to code it so it doesn't give Astral after so many (the daily/weekly quests could still be there and give something else like before, or they could just be locked like many others have suggested). It would make most players a lot happier with our various similar and different issues, if we had enough dailies and weeklies to choose from that we could get max rewards how we need it just by having more choices.

• Thanks 1