thief is the only class a worse player can consistently beat me on

Eddie.9143

mirror for mirror on every class they will lose every duel, but this is a pretty easy way to tell its too strong.

they're hitting like trucks, endless stealth, end less superspeed, jumping all over the map, ohfk button evade/reflect elite/antitoxin working with shadow arts condi removal, so you cant even load em up with condis before they run and reset.

basically shids busted and needs to be toned down. it's absolutely NOT fun dueling thieves and rangers are catching up with smoke pet. 

Edited by Eddie.9143
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

mirror for mirror on every class they will lose every duel, but this is a pretty easy way to tell its too strong.

they're hitting like trucks, endless stealth, end less superspeed, jumping all over the map, ohfk button evade/reflect elite/antitoxin working with shadow arts condi removal, so you cant even load em up with condis before they run and reset.

basically shids busted and needs to be toned down. it's absolutely NOT fun dueling thieves and rangers are catching up with smoke pet. 

the OP is a mess and makes little to no sense as a whole

thiefs use firework, not antitoxin, if they use SA and antitoxin they hit for low dmg

The only class that hits like a truck and has high amount of damage/stealth/mobility is soulbeast tbh

Edited by mariugo.4856
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Your first mistake was thinking that condi ranger was good. Just play stealth burst Soulbeast and farm the thief and his entire team, then gain sentience and farm the servers and the dev's work stations. That's how OP Soulbeast is rn.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Your first mistake was thinking that condi ranger was good. Just play stealth burst Soulbeast and farm the thief and his entire team, then gain sentience and farm the servers and the dev's work stations. That's how OP Soulbeast is rn.

bruhh I ain't playing that bssss

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, mariugo.4856 said:

the OP is a mess and makes little to no sense as a whole

thiefs use firework, not antitoxin, if they use SA and antitoxin they hit for low dmg

The only class that hits like a truck and has high amount of damage/stealth/mobility is soulbeast tbh

Insofar as I know Firework relic - the one that gives 10% damage when you use a weapon skill with a CD higher than 20 seconds - doesn't work with any thief weapon skill.

OP mentions at least two separate relics, too. Wow. Where are these extra relic slots for thieves? I need to get in on this.

Edited by Curennos.9307

i don't think thief is as bad at fighting people as teef players make it out to be, especially something like condi specter

having said that, the entire class is utterly hamstrung by their mobility and relative inability to be punished for poor play, combined with conquest's design as a game mode
you can't let them have anything because of it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Then play power untamed. Why pick a slow damaging condi build that only works half the time, then post on forums that you lost to a Thief that doesn't even counter power ranger?

I should be able to beat anything with sinister/adventure/ playing better. But balance changes that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Thiefs hit too hard for the amount of escape ability, which essentially means they can farm anything they can kill, and escape anything they can't in terms of spec counter. Ontop of that, they can engage with any spec that can kill them, to see if the player is good enough to actually counter, if not -dead player, if yes -thief escapes, just about every other spec dies for making bad choices like that, but not thief. And this is suppose to be justified by the fact thief has no group fight sustain. Sure, if you like toxic game design, lets keep justifying thief.

Thief also has the highest chase mobility in the game.. so while a thief can escape a ''better player'', a ''worse or countered player'' cannot escape a thief. The spec needs less mobility and more sustain.. so that thieves get punished for bad plays, and are not pushed into an anoying and relitively speaking, OP playstyle. 

It isn't just thief however. Willbender has a horrible amount of chase thanks to TP, stability etc.. resulting in many situations where you can't CC the willbender, can't out burst it, and can't outrun it on many specs. Zerker has a high amount of mobility-sustain, being able to attack back while blocking, or leads to a high level of escape after making bad plays. They are not at the level of thief mobility obviously, but in their own way they are also badly designed.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, magickthief.6492 said:

no, you aint that good. there are many better and more experience players than you. this is a fact you need to accept, and move on. learn boyo

I've been playing 10+ years lol, I know when I'm getting outplayed. 

• Confused 4