What is the status on my missing golem (rune) and missing vampire rune <-- VAMP health suction?

For one, Anet did not "steal" your items, they just changed their functionality. They are free to run their game how they choose, and make changes to any element of it at any time. That they might do that is a risk you agree to by playing. It sucks for you but that is the way it is.

This is also not the first time the Vampirism runes have had their functionality changed either. They used to trigger lifesteal on heal as a 4th bonus, and trigger a mist form on low health for the 6th bonus. This was updated to the 10% heal on kill back in 2018.

Might I suggest you try Relic of the Defender, it has a similar functionality restoring 5% health on block, with diminishing returns for subsequent blocks down to 1%. You may even find it more useful than healing on Kill as it allows for heals mid-battle.

It is unfortunate that the new Relics don't yet include anything with summons, but they have said they plan to add more over time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

For one, Anet did not "steal" your items, they just changed their functionality. They are free to run their game how they choose, and make changes to any element of it at any time. That they might do that is a risk you agree to by playing. It sucks for you but that is the way it is.

This is also not the first time the Vampirism runes have had their functionality changed either. They used to trigger lifesteal on heal as a 4th bonus, and trigger a mist form on low health for the 6th bonus. This was updated to the 10% heal on kill back in 2018.

Might I suggest you try Relic of the Defender, it has a similar functionality restoring 5% health on block, with diminishing returns for subsequent blocks down to 1%. You may even find it more useful than healing on Kill as it allows for heals mid-battle.

It is unfortunate that the new Relics don't yet include anything with summons, but they have said they plan to add more over time.

Problem is, not every class or build wants to slot in a block. Every build can kill enemies though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Problem is, not every class or build wants to slot in a block. Every build can kill enemies though.

It's not a problem really. Game mechanics change, as I said this is not the first or last time it will happen. Change your build, end of discussion. So many posts crying about how all their toys were taken away. You had your fun with those toys, try playing with the new toys, you might enjoy it.

I do understand that some people chose certain runes for flavour, particularly the rock dog, bone horror, and golem summons on certain classes/races, and I do sympathise with those now being absent. However that isn't to say that something similar won't be added in the future.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I'm still waiting for that update "in a couple of weeks" 🤞

By update you meant nerfs? Yep we can never get enough of that.

10 minutes ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

I would like to know whats the statue of my Golem. Its was funny anet but... the joke lasted long enough, wheres my golem?

Wait for GW3. But as I said before I will never buy another game by ArenaNet knowing this is how they 'balance' their game and the way they handled veterans 👎

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

By update you meant nerfs? Yep we can never get enough of that.

No I am referring to a post by the GW2 Team on the 28th of June "We’ll be back in the next week or so with details about the next WvW World Restructuring beta, which will feature the ability for guilds to team up in Alliances for WvW."

I believe we are still waiting on those details.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, AreohCobing.5092 said:

What is the status on my missing golem (rune) and missing vampire rune <-- VAMP health suction? 

Anet, you took these from me and I would like them back.

I did not buy the expansion so you could steal what I already had. Poor form Anet.

And give that guy back his Golem too!

Wow can't believe they would do that to their player base, that's crazy! I feel your pain man, it's a shame.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

It's not a problem really. Game mechanics change, as I said this is not the first or last time it will happen. Change your build, end of discussion. So many posts crying about how all their toys were taken away. You had your fun with those toys, try playing with the new toys, you might enjoy it.

I do understand that some people chose certain runes for flavour, particularly the rock dog, bone horror, and golem summons on certain classes/races, and I do sympathise with those now being absent. However that isn't to say that something similar won't be added in the future.

It's not really a problem...for YOU.... 

Fixed that for you bud!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

I do find the lack of the vamp relic as a curious case.

On the one hand, the new Defender rune is much more applicable to instanced content, where shared aegis and blocks from large telegraphed attacks are common, and the Vampirism rune was only really usable in open world.  But on the flip side, if vampire runes could only really be exploited in the open world, were they really a problem that needed correcting?  As far as I know, they weren't being abused anywhere ANet is concerned about balance.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I, as "Golemancer Wernn" want back my Golem! My Colleagues from my crewe are mocking me why my golem is missing!  🙂

Joke aside. I really miss my Ogre and Golem relics. Because I am mostly roleplaying and both my main Golemancer and Ranger are not the same as before without them. So PLEASE find a way to bring this two models as a companion to my Characters. Not only they are supporting my playstyle, also they are imortant for my roleplaying!

Thank you ANet!

• Like 8
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 12:50 PM, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I tried playing with the new toys but it ain't fun. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I am really missing my flock of crows and my Mad King Doggy, can I uninstall SOTA to get my runes back to normal?

These Relic additions should be in addition to the Rune bonus.

I feel like a part of my build now has a huge void in it like the fun part of me is now missing and hurts to now play.

Very upset with you. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Web.3095 said:

I am really missing my flock of crows and my Mad King Doggy, can I uninstall SOTA to get my runes back to normal?

These Relic additions should be in addition to the Rune bonus.

I feel like a part of my build now has a huge void in it like the fun part of me is now missing and hurts to now play.

Very upset with you. 

No you can not the relic change was a core game change.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 9/12/2023 at 11:08 AM, Talan Ondar.4150 said:

I, as "Golemancer Wernn" want back my Golem! My Colleagues from my crewe are mocking me why my golem is missing!  🙂

Joke aside. I really miss my Ogre and Golem relics. Because I am mostly roleplaying and both my main Golemancer and Ranger are not the same as before without them. So PLEASE find a way to bring this two models as a companion to my Characters. Not only they are supporting my playstyle, also they are imortant for my roleplaying!

Thank you ANet!

Im in the same boat. My name is Zzik The Golemancer... Maybe I should change my name to Zzik The Jobless... anet I want my golem back pls... :,)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1