What is the status on my missing golem (rune) and missing vampire rune <-- VAMP health suction?

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Yhh, golem golem golem golem. Can You let ANet finish adding the relics, and than complain or remind? 

They already said they're not finished with turning old runes to relics. Just give ANet some time, and be patient. Posting and necroposting won't make it any faster.

Im patient I can wait, just want to be sure they dont forget it 😉

• Like 7
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

They already said they're not finished with turning old runes to relics.

Then why not wait with the release of the system until everything is ready?

2 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Just give ANet some time, and be patient.

Several months should have been enough time to at least make an official statement on the state of things to stir the situation into a more favourable direction.

As it is right now, the situation looks like they arbitrarily reduced some players enjoyment in the game for no reason other than "we don't want you to have fun that way, so we took your toys away."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Then why not wait with the release of the system until everything is ready?

Several months should have been enough time to at least make an official statement on the state of things to stir the situation into a more favourable direction.

As it is right now, the situation looks like they arbitrarily reduced some players enjoyment in the game for no reason other than "we don't want you to have fun that way, so we took your toys away."

Really a rando dev could just say: "Yes were aware that you miss your old rune effect, dont worry were working on it to bring them back to you, including the summon one." And everyone would shoutup and be happy. But anet love to stay silence and let the water boiled.

• Like 4
  • Confused 8

44 minutes ago, Zzik.5873 said:

Really a rando dev could just say: "Yes were aware that you miss your old rune effect, dont worry were working on it to bring them back to you, including the summon one." And everyone would shoutup and be happy. But anet love to stay silence and let the water boiled.

It's weird to expect devs to keep making statements about any and all wishes you have. It's not in the game and that's it. If it will be in the game in the future, you'll see it ingame. We knew they won't transfer all rune effects into relic system and we know that they want relic system to have more active effects than the old 6th rune effects had because that's what they told us.
You're not really complaining because they're silent, but because you didn't hear the answer you wanted to hear.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zzik.5873 said:

Im patient I can wait, just want to be sure they dont forget it 😉

Well, they probably didn't forget them, either they don't want to have them anymore or haven't find a good way to implement them.

But beware, if they happened to ever come back, it won't be in the form you expect.

It would probably be something like :

When X trigger happened (on disabling foe/elite skill/heal skill/stack mechanic/other conditions)

Summons something for X sec (Cooldown X sec)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Well, they probably didn't forget them, either they don't want to have them anymore or haven't find a good way to implement them.

But beware, if they happened to ever come back, it won't be in the form you expect.

It would probably be something like :

When X trigger happened (on disabling foe/elite skill/heal skill/stack mechanic/other conditions)

Summons something for X sec (Cooldown X sec)

I do expect a worst version sadly... Im use to, I main engi... 😞

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

so this relic of Nourys:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Relic_of_Nourys
is this effect good enough to replace vampyric rune effect?

have a build with boon strip, boon corruption, or boon stealing, gain stacks of hunger for each boon you remove from a critter. It also automatically gains one stack every three seconds during battle.  On the tenth stack you get +25% damage, take 15% less damage directed at you, and you heal for 15% of the damage you deal to critters.

It sounds vampyric.

I suppose getting the stacks is tricky and I am not sure how long the hunger lasts (3 seconds?) is this worse than gaining 10% of your health when you kill a critter?  I mean some things take a looooong time to die, but Nourys doesn't care if they are dead.  On the other hand finding critters who have boons in pve could also be difficult.   Did vampyric runes heal off of killing an ambient creature, and was it a heal for 10% of current health or 10% of your total health?

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

If there is nothing nice, fun and gimmicky in the game, it becomes rather stiff and boring. Most of the relics I have seen so far fall into that category. We have lost a lot of cool effects which kept people playing the game, experimenting with classes and builds and running rather funny setups. It would be nice to have them back. Keeping the discussion about that topic alive is key. Else they ignore it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

9 months post release :

No summon relics.

No Burning synergy relics. In fact pretty much most of the condi users beside Poison got scuffed.

Very little synergies for crowd control.

Some relics are entirely useless to a good number of classes, Ressource relics in particular.

And many more that I'm not using but others are prolly also missing. So much diversity and fun lost. For what ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Hmm... Summoned runes , reduce a percentage (40%) of your third best Stat.

If people go for Berseker , then Power of Ferocity will be reduced . But if they go for Celestial , where the stats are even ,  then the  systemm gives up and crash the server :P

(i persoanlly will focus on putting 1-2x +5 HP Infusion , so the system deliberty nerf that instead of Toughness .)

Edit:If a stat exxceed 1000 , then wehn the summon is summoned , a random Utility Slot goes into cd .

Edit2: Or you become the pet (swap place and an npc copy of yours deal damage) without backfire , for some secs but you get "Wounds" when you get back intoyour normal form

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 8

8 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Hmm... Summoned runes , reduce a percentage (40%) of your third best Stat.

If people go for Berseker , then Power of Ferocity will be reduced . But if they go for Celestial , where the stats are even ,  then the  systemm gives up and crash the server 😛

(i persoanlly will focus on putting 1-2x +5 HP Infusion , so the system deliberty nerf that instead of Toughness .)

Edit:If a stat exxceed 1000 , then wehn the summon is summoned , a random Utility Slot goes into cd .

Edit2: Or you become the pet (swap place and an npc copy of yours deal damage) without backfire , for some secs but you get "Wounds" when you get back intoyour normal form

Honestly, most people who used and enjoyed Summons from runes liked them for thematic reasons, it could be as simple as summoning them similar to a mesmer Phantasm on a 30 sec cooldown to deliver a specific attack. It would be Something, and it wouldn't bug Anet or whoever else got annoyed at summons for some reason, since it would be summoned and despawned after the attack. It doesn't even need to be a physical entity

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Naxos.2503 said:

Honestly, most people who used and enjoyed Summons from runes liked them for thematic reasons, it could be as simple as summoning them similar to a mesmer Phantasm on a 30 sec cooldown to deliver a specific attack. It would be Something, and it wouldn't bug Anet or whoever else got annoyed at summons for some reason, since it would be summoned and despawned after the attack. It doesn't even need to be a physical entity

That would be lame, what is so hard to understand that some folk like having pet/summon in game? I rather have my golem running with me perma without much control other than tell him who to attack via the skill 1 like it use to be.

Edited by Zzik.5873
  • Like 3
  • Confused 8

13 minutes ago, Zzik.5873 said:

That would be lame, what is so hard to understand that some folk like having pet/summon in game? I rather have my golem running with me perma without much control other than tell him who to attack via the skill 1 like it use to be.

I think Anet understands some people liked them, but they just don't care. I think they're pushing towards greater uniformity in effects (which I don't like) and greater overall emphasis on getting players to interact with boons/boonstrip (which is fine by me, but I don't think completely trashing ever 6th-piece bonus was the best way to do it). At this point I'm almost 100% certain we're not going to get our summons back, at least not in the form we used to have them.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not happy about that prediction, and would love to be proven wrong. The relic change ranks as the absolute worst part of SotO in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I think Anet understands some people liked them, but they just don't care. I think they're pushing towards greater uniformity in effects (which I don't like) and greater overall emphasis on getting players to interact with boons/boonstrip (which is fine by me, but I don't think completely trashing ever 6th-piece bonus was the best way to do it). At this point I'm almost 100% certain we're not going to get our summons back, at least not in the form we used to have them.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not happy about that prediction, and would love to be proven wrong. The relic change ranks as the absolute worst part of SotO in my opinion. 

Got a solution for them, relic of the golemancer. When above 10 might stack, summon a golem that last 60 sec, cooldown 60 sec. The summoned golem always target your own target. See, its fix, it interact with the boon system XD.

Also When it was still there, I always try to push my might generation near him so he could get benefit from it. They could also make him affected by alac for its whirwhilm skill. If they really dont like him having cc they could change his skill or just remove it, I would rather they let him have a skill but but hey.

Edited by Zzik.5873
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Zzik.5873 said:

Got a solution for them, relic of the golemancer. When above 10 might stack, summon a golem that last 60 sec, cooldown 60 sec. The summoned golem always target your own target. See, its fix, it interact with the boon system XD.

Also When it was still there, I always try to push my might generation near him so he could get benefit from it. They could also make him affected by alac for its whirwhilm skill. If they really dont like him having cc they could change his skill or just remove it, I would rather they let him have a skill but but hey.

Apparently, they seem Really against the idea of anything creating an entity, so I dont know whether they will bring that back in the same form it used to be (as a non controllable entity).

I just miss thematic upgrades. I have a fire elementalist character without any fire related relics. How is it sensical for my flame shaman to use a relic for Poison or torment damage because that's the only condi relic allowed ? Give Me FIRE !

My inquest engineer also feels sad without his golem, but at this point I'd settle for a relic that activate on crit every 20/30 seconds to trigger a crowd control attack and gives me something like Protection or Fury as it despawns, I dont know, just to have a bit of identity back to my chars.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I'm still missing the +10% health bonus on my (Legendary) runes set as Runes of Divinity.

I can't find it as relic.

I wish I could just have the old runes back without the new relics. At least until every single runeset bonus is added back and there is a legendary relic to stat-select from. Until then I lost rune functionality with the expansion I paid for instead of gained.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5