Poll: Do you have more or less fun in the game because of relics?

Zok.4956

Do you have more or less fun in the game because of relics?  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have more or less fun in the game because of relics?

• Since the introduction of relics, I'm having more fun overall because of the relics.
    • Since the introduction of relics, I'm having less fun overall because of the relics.
    • I've dealt with the relics, but I have neither more nor less fun through relics. Some things are more fun, some things are less fun, but overall it's balanced.
    • I haven't dealt with relics yet

I wouldn't talk about "fun", but more about interesting effects.
With relics we got some interesting new effects and will get more with future patches.

Sure some 6th rune effects were interesting as well, such as the golem or rockdog, but they always were bound to runes. Most of the time you had to choose between good stats and the wanted effect. (Which is also why Rune of the Scholar was used in 95% of all power builds pre Soto.)

Now we can take whatever effect we want (let it be the most effective one, the most fun one or whatever) without affecting our rune's stats.

All in all I thin relics + new runes have more potential than old runes, but we may need some more relics (including classics like the golem).

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 11:36 PM, ericpeggy.8206 said:

90% Power builds use fireworks relic and thief relic.

90% Condi builds use fractal relic.

90% relics are trash.

Only if you play PvE and min-maxing dmg.

As soon as you don't play raids/cms or get into PvP/WvW other relics become more interesting.

So yeah, if you restrict you gameplay that much, you restrict your choice of runes and relics as well.
This will always be the case, no matter what system you use.

6 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Only if you play PvE and min-maxing dmg.

As soon as you don't play raids/cms or get into PvP/WvW other relics become more interesting.

So yeah, if you restrict you gameplay that much, you restrict your choice of runes and relics as well.
This will always be the case, no matter what system you use.

Maybe it will become more interesting if I don't know which is better.

I agree some relics are interesting, but they don't worth to use if you try the better one.

They don't need to begin a relics DPS competition.

Just try to use another way to trigger relics and make sure the relics worth to use.

And the fireworks relic still bugged for some skills.

34 minutes ago, ericpeggy.8206 said:

Maybe it will become more interesting if I don't know which is better.

Well, as soon as you start min-maxing or using meta builds, you will know.

36 minutes ago, ericpeggy.8206 said:

I agree some relics are interesting, but they don't worth to use if you try the better one.

"Better" for what purpose? That's the question.

41 minutes ago, ericpeggy.8206 said:

Just try to use another way to trigger relics and make sure the relics worth to use.

I agree, other triggers than elite skill or heal skill would be nice.

The system has potential if they add some interesting relics. In its current state though the relics are just an additional condi cleanse, extra dmg or some condi. All of which are effects that are easily missed/ignored. So since they removed most unusual and interesting rune effects without adding relic alternatives, I'm having less fun. This could change though if they add interesting relics in the future.