Expand what items goes in the Material Storage

Tuxie.1209

Crafting materials like Jade Runestones and Kryptis Essences have no reason not to be in Material Storage, our banks are already cluttered up with materials we're supposed to save but with each new expansion it feels like Anet has forgotten Material Storage is a thing. Icy and Mystic Runestones already go in the Material Storage, along with a bunch of other legendary crafting materials, it would be greatly beneficial if those items get added in Material Storage so we won't have them cluttering up our inventories and banks.

Edited by Tuxie.1209
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

It's not just the new items though, there's lots of crafting stuff that has been bank-tab-only for many years (hello, Mystic Toilet mats). And then there's the currencies that go into material storage when they should be in the wallet, etc. It's just sloppy across the board and always has been.

Yes, they make money off bank tab expanders so their incentives to fix it are iffy, but they seem to have forgotten that material storage expanders are a thing in the gem shop, too. They'd make the same money, it would just be in a very slightly different way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Yes.

I've seen some guildies and friends' inventories and they are drowning in a mess of junk. Yes, hoarding is bad, but I think it'd be easier to do this than expect people to be tidy 🤣

And while I usually have plenty of space, I'm scared when I see containers that may open into a bunch of other containers. And then we have all these keys and boxes

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/6/2023 at 2:09 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Plus, Devs already stated in a forum thread/post: 

• Motivation crafting materials cannot be stored in material storage. We have a fix for this coming in a future build, and in the meantime, they can be stored in your bank. 

The thing that just doesn't make sense about this is that all but 5 things to craft motivations are already in material storage; dust, bones, blood, and ectos are already stored, research notes are in the wallet. I understand not putting the common/uncommon motivations in material storage or the wallet, they're needed at the rift events, and to be able to buy/sell them; the essences of Despair, Greed, and Triumph are account bound, there's no reason to not have a storage space for them.

I'm looking forward to the fix, and hoping it will be a step forward and not sideways.

• Confused 1

On 9/6/2023 at 4:01 PM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

hello, Mystic Toilet mats

And the an annoying thing about the mystic toilet: it doesn't use mats from mats storage. You have to put mats from mats storage either in your bank or your inventory when you want to flush it down 👎

On 9/6/2023 at 4:01 PM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Yes, they make money off bank tab expanders so their incentives to fix it are iffy, but they seem to have forgotten that material storage expanders are a thing in the gem shop, too.

At some point you have just everything anyway. And still want more xD

• Like 3
  • Sad 1