Fishing feels bad and so should you.

Drakkon.4782

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

And are those "lot of people fishing" present in the room with us? "A lot of people" would be a fair statement if we were still only a few months after EoD's release. Don't try to tell me that a couple of people fishing is a lot.
I do get to say if I find consider it popular or not when I can see with my own two eyes that fishing went from 1-2 people fishing per fishing spot to 1-2 per region max. I was seeing people fish in the most obscure spots in GW2 following EoD's release, now the most people I see fishing at once are the ones doing the fishing competition event, and even that barely goes above 5 including myself.

If people have groups up all day every day then people are fishing. One of us is saying it's abandoned.  That would be you. If there's an lfg up a lot, then it's not abandoned and you're just not paying attention. You not liking something doesn't mean no one does it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

If people have groups up all day every day then people are fishing. One of us is saying it's abandoned.  That would be you. If there's an lfg up a lot, then it's not abandoned and you're just not paying attention. You not liking something doesn't mean no one does it.

I wanna see that fishing LFG that is up all day, haven't seen one since around February.

• Confused 2

the funniest part is Anet tried to sell fishing as this "chill out with your friends" feature, wonder if any of the internal testing have tried to type a sentence while having to do a mini game every 10sec downtime in between mini games and move to a new fishing hole every min, having to jump off boat to kill mobs (because of whatever dumb reason you do 0 dmg to them while standing on the boat) locked you into combat so you cannot cast or stopping them from damaging the boat

Anet should have just copy and paste BDO's fishing system
* Auto fishing, so you can actually type a sentence in chat
* fish of all grades of the should be fishable from any water, fishing in the hole should be guarantee a fish of rare+
* fishing power actually increases your chance of catching rarer fish, right now it's completely rng, it's not uncommon that you can catch a legendary within the first fishing hole you come across; in my experience catch a rare and exotic grade are less common than ascend and legendary fish
* and make fishing power retains until you leave switch to a different zone, having to rebuild after switch map instance and getting off boat for too long is stupid

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The best solo gold farm and yet I... don't see anyone other than 1-2 people in a PoF/LWS4 map or EoD maps do it? 1 LFG in a map isn't exactly saying that the content is non-abandoned.

In the first months of EoD you could say fishing was popular, but now I can find a group doing Arah faster than find others fishing for reasons other than an EoD daily.

That's hogwash and makes me wonder - do you even fish, bro?

I only go to Kourna, but everytime I do - there is easily between 10 and 20 players there.

Not to mention, other areas where you can pass large water features in just about any map, I always see at least 1 to 2 players fishing. Heck - I even saw some players fishing in Aurenes chamber in the golden city at random points.....

It's not necessary to make some stuff up to fortify your point....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

That's hogwash and makes me wonder - do you even fish, bro?

I only go to Kourna, but everytime I do - there is easily between 10 and 20 players there.

Not to mention, other areas where you can pass large water features in just about any map, I always see at least 1 to 2 players fishing. Heck - I even saw some players fishing in Aurenes chamber in the golden city at random points.....

It's not necessary to make some stuff up to fortify your point....

Why is Kourna so good?

I'm more annoyed by the Dusk/Dawn requirement.

5 minutes to find acended/legendary fish ? Wait for 2 more hours if yu didn't find it ? Where is the recreation here ?
Most of my collection are still pending because it's just impossible if you don't camp the game for 4 hours or more.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why is Kourna so good?

It's tracked as being the most consistent gold farm for fishing currently. My personal experience fishing there without a group, I can easily pull in 20+ gold per hour.

I do this probably 3 times a week as my gold needs have reduced over the years.

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2023 at 10:24 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I almost always see players at Taro Everclaw collecting their Chunk of Ancient Ambergris, so there must be players fishing.  Who doesn't like 2 Gold each day (or more)? 

Wait. Is 2g/day good money? I make more than that from selling Unidentified gear from doing Map Completion and story missions and buying gold with my daily wizard's. What is "good money"?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2023 at 3:23 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

I'm happy it is in the game, don't get me wrong, but it never needed the complexity of lures, baits, fishing power. Baits and mastery was enough. The new maps dont need to be quite so demanding as well.

Lack of complexity is half the reason fishing is so boring and bad.

The other half is having to move every 3 casts. That isn't relaxing

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1