Untamed pet actually op and needs to be stopped

Paradoxoglanis.1904

6 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

For one I'm not complaining about pets, I'm poking holes about why focusing on a pet is a waste of resources in the space of 1v1 and sides, especially when they can pet swap meaning you'll have to burn through 2 pets to if you want to really lock them out of their mechanic, and by that point you're already worn down or losing the fight to any ranger worth their salt, unless you have absurd amounts of sustain like Bladesworn.  Rangers don't actually get penalized on the pet swap CD unless the pet actually dies, meaning last second pet swaps doesn't incur the penalty and you're over here claiming 1-ing them with cleave is how you can kill the pet Ez since they're so brittle( iboga and bird are actually brittle though but not brittle like mesmer clones), which they're not that brittle, until you throw them in big group fights with lots of conditions/cleave/ccs. 

My ranger main friend I duel with in Armistice Bastion, uses Iboga and smokescale for his axe untamed build, it's pretty aids to fight against from the sneaky long ranged pull while he's kiting me, and many a time I'd gone for those bursts on it like someone here is trying to suggest and get last second swapped, since he knows how to manage his pet. 

Bruh. If you can stay on your target, you can easily cleave the pet. Most professions/weapons have AoE damage. No one said spam 1 to kill pets. It sounds like your issues stem from positioning/knowing when to dodge or utilize your sustain abilities. If you're playing a power burst build vs an untamed ranger 1v1, you have to be ready to LoS and dodge properly.

6 minutes ago, shakey.4381 said:

Bruh. If you can stay on your target, you can easily cleave the pet. Most professions/weapons have AoE damage. No one said spam 1 to kill pets. It sounds like your issues stem from positioning/knowing when to dodge or utilize your sustain abilities. If you're playing a power burst build vs an untamed ranger 1v1, you have to be ready to LoS and dodge properly.

4 hours ago, shakey.4381 said:

You're under the impression that a pet is capable of positioning. The pet is going to be on the target. The ranger is going to be on the target. Use literally 1 cleave. It's like no one can be bothered to switch targets.

^?

Tell you what, if you'd be willing to enlighten me and point out what I'm doing wrong with a few duels to put proof to your method I'll concede on the point. Since I'm all about improving gameplay, since you seem to think I've got some issues with my gameplay. Sound good? I guess that also begs the question if you're NA or EU. 

15 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

^?

Tell you what, if you'd be willing to enlighten me and point out what I'm doing wrong with a few duels to put proof to your method I'll concede on the point. Since I'm all about improving gameplay, since you seem to think I've got some issues with my gameplay. Sound good? I guess that also begs the question if you're NA or EU. 

Want me to give you ranger lessons?? 5g. Jk. I mean there's nothing that we can't settle here without having to go through the trouble of setting up a custom arena. But if you really want to we can. I play on NA. What profession do you typically play?? We can start there. I know a decent amount about most of the professions. Also your OP stated that untamed pet is op and needs to be stopped, so you were complaining about it.

Edited by shakey.4381

1 hour ago, shakey.4381 said:

Want me to give you ranger lessons?? 5g. Jk. I mean there's nothing that we can't settle here without having to go through the trouble of setting up a custom arena. But if you really want to we can. I play on NA. What profession do you typically play?? We can start there. I know a decent amount about most of the professions. Also your OP stated that untamed pet is op and needs to be stopped, so you were complaining about it.

5g is cheap you should raise the price tbh :P. There really is nothing to settle I'm just genuinely curious since you're the one assuming something wrong with my  gameplay for whatever reason(there's always room for improvement), and I like fighting against good players as it helps push for improvement even if you get dumpstered, it's honestly up to you I wouldn't mind a few bouts but don't feel pressured into it if you don't want to. I play on NA, main Spb. Also are you getting me mixed up with someone else?  I'm not the OP, my first post here is pointing out bad advice and poking holes in hyperboles about pet's glassiness  I never said ranger pets should get nerfed or any of the skills?

Edited by Lucentfir.7430

1 hour ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

5g is cheap you should raise the price tbh :P. There really is nothing to settle I'm just genuinely curious since you're the one assuming something wrong with my  gameplay for whatever reason(there's always room for improvement), and I like fighting against good players as it helps push for improvement even if you get dumpstered, it's honestly up to you I wouldn't mind a few bouts but don't feel pressured into it if you don't want to. I play on NA, main Spb. Also are you getting me mixed up with someone else?  I'm not the OP, my first post here is pointing out bad advice and poking holes in hyperboles about pet's glassiness  I never said ranger pets should get nerfed or any of the skills?

Ah I apologize.. I did confuse you with OP. My bad on that part. I get destroyed by spellbreakers 11/10 times, however warrior is one of the professions I've played the least so I wouldn't be too familiar with how to counter it. I just know that they demolish me and my pet while targeting me while having barrier almost always active and a constant AoE field around them.

Okay I dueled today vs a plat untamed ranger multipble times to test the teleports out. While I was watching clearly and trying to figure out what the big deal was since I normaly ignore it.

My conclusion:

Just be prepare for an attack and counter it with dodge or defensives, then it it is pretty much ignored again and laughed upon how stupid.

Just focus the player and kill him like I did, no biggy

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, shakey.4381 said:

Ah I apologize.. I did confuse you with OP. My bad on that part. I get destroyed by spellbreakers 11/10 times, however warrior is one of the professions I've played the least so I wouldn't be too familiar with how to counter it. I just know that they demolish me and my pet while targeting me while having barrier almost always active and a constant AoE field around them.

Hah, no worries ^^, it happens I was wondering why it was dipping into the field of nerfs and complaints when I never mentioned the such. Very good spellbreakers can be mechanical monsters, and there's a lot of mind gaming that comes with fighting them. Though with the other specs Bladesworn variant atm accomplishes much more in conquest since it can stall super well with all the sustain, this also goes for berserker which has more reliable kill power if they land Skullgrinders. 

32 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Okay I dueled today vs a plat untamed ranger multipble times to test the teleports out. While I was watching clearly and trying to figure out what the big deal was since I normaly ignore it.

My conclusion:

Just be prepare for an attack and counter it with dodge or defensives, then it it is pretty much ignored again and laughed upon how stupid.

Just focus the player and kill him like I did, no biggy

Yes. Also swiftness negates the teleport pretty much entirely. Pet will teleport to where you were and the rotation is kinda shot.

14 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Hah, no worries ^^, it happens I was wondering why it was dipping into the field of nerfs and complaints when I never mentioned the such. Very good spellbreakers can be mechanical monsters, and there's a lot of mind gaming that comes with fighting them. Though with the other specs Bladesworn variant atm accomplishes much more in conquest since it can stall super well with all the sustain, this also goes for berserker which has more reliable kill power if they land Skullgrinders. 

Imo Warriors are kinda plaguing the meta atm to the point that I'm about ready to play mine in conquest. I can't 1v1 any of their e-specs. BS and Zerker deal so much damage. Endure Pain should probably be nerfed in some way. Cycling between Immunity/Invul/Blocking while dealing huge crits just makes fights not fun at all.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shakey.4381 said:

Yes. Also swiftness negates the teleport pretty much entirely. Pet will teleport to where you were and the rotation is kinda shot.

Imo Warriors are kinda plaguing the meta atm to the point that I'm about ready to play mine in conquest. I can't 1v1 any of their e-specs. BS and Zerker deal so much damage. Endure Pain should probably be nerfed in some way. Cycling between Immunity/Invul/Blocking while dealing huge crits just makes fights not fun at all.

You should, and get familiar with how people play it, knowing anet though they'll probably touch up on Bladesworn and Berserker maybe, I don't think it's endure pain causing that issue, for berserker they have a trait called savage instinct that gives them a endure pain effect when entering and exiting Berserker mode.  Bladesworn just has so much raw healing with combat stimulant and shouts, you need the 1+ against a competent one.  The only things I've seen beating it is probably Spectre with Endless Night spam. 

1 minute ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

You should, and get familiar with how people play it, knowing anet though they'll probably touch up on Bladesworn and Berserker maybe, I don't think it's endure pain causing that issue, for berserker they have a trait called savage instinct that gives them a endure pain effect when entering and exiting Berserker mode.  Bladesworn just has so much raw healing with combat stimulant and shouts, you need the 1+ against a competent one.  The only things I've seen beating it is probably Spectre with Endless Night spam. 

I just think it's a bit unfair that some professions get access to a 5s block that still makes them open to condi dmg while other professions have pretty much a push-to-win button. Mesmer is one of the few exceptions since they have to have clones out and shatter them to receive a full 4s invul. But yeah, stacking cc while also being invul is just discouraging.

Here is the truth. The Untamed is only OP when you are playing at Gold or Plat for countering the hit and run style Meta. 

Most people at this level run when they are low health. It's so prolific entire classes are strong solely because of it. I'm looking at you Necromancer's Flesh Worm. 

The Pet teleport when saved and deployed properly can ruin this dominant playstyle. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ranger's universally just kind of a balance mess, but Greatsword is the real core problem imo. That weapon's kit is so absurdly overloaded for pvp that it exacerbates every other balance issue and makes it hard to tell where something is legitimately broken or only feels that way because they always have a duration block, 2 CCs, a burst damage enabler, and a leap that covers half a football field on top of it. There's a reason that kitten is in every Ranger pvp build outside of condi Soulbeast: it's a straight-up crutch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Ranger's universally just kind of a balance mess, but Greatsword is the real core problem imo. That weapon's kit is so absurdly overloaded for pvp that it exacerbates every other balance issue and makes it hard to tell where something is legitimately broken or only feels that way because they always have a duration block, 2 CCs, a burst damage enabler, and a leap that covers half a football field on top of it. There's a reason that kitten is in every Ranger pvp build outside of condi Soulbeast: it's a straight-up crutch.

You have to compare a class as a whole to a class as a whole, not just a weapon kits.

For example, Warrior Greatsword is weaker than Ranger Greatsword. The Warrior Greatsword is missing a block and has no CC provided. However, Warrior specs are WAAAAAY tankier than any Ranger build and have A LOT more CC baked into the class than any Ranger build.

The Warrior Greatsword is weaker than the Ranger Greatsword because Warrior as a class has so much naturally baked into its traits & utilities. The Ranger Greatsword needs the block & CC because it can't face tank like a God with perma Stability in the same way a Warrior can. And it doesn't get things like Bull's Charge & Sundering Leap powerful utility CCs either, or weapon burst skills.

The same could be said for something like Thief Shortbow. It gets to have evade spam and porting because the class using it can die in .5 second if caught off guard even once.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/25/2023 at 7:31 AM, shakey.4381 said:

Maybe, but the question is, does the untamed, or any pet spec have to make ample and equivilant accomodation for none pet spec duels? the answer is no. Infact, untamed asks the most of any spec. It has good range dmg, good melee dmg, and a pet with stuns and noticable dmg. Thats alot to account for, while if they are fighting say, a renegade? simply far less to deal with.

Similar to SPB just telling people to dodge, its easy to say that when your very spec allows a genuine lack of skillful dodging due to stun uptime/full counter and various abilitys that let you take 0 dmg, or even heal for face taking dmg. Core gaurd and willbender opener pretty much acts in the same way, a lot of getting away with what should high and punishing face tank damage due to the class mechanics.

It is also similar to DH or necro point aoe spam, specs that do not have that ease of area denial have to work around it with more energy than it takes to do it. So then, when DH or necros speak of ''just avoid it'', its asking for more work than they are actually putting in vs a none easy/existant area denial spec.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 1