Daily Wizard's Vault Objective bug [Merged]

1 hour ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

There is a bug with the new daily where it chooses they same objective twice, meaning you are missing 1 objective. This creates a situation when you have to do all of them to get the daily chest and also means you get less Astral Aclaim as you can only complete 1 of the 2 duplicate objectives.

Please fix.

You dont have to do all of them to get daily done the twice one will count double for daily but not rewards so in essence you only have to do 2 objectives to get 3 done for the daily that day.

• Like 1

Yeah, the bug is, that the system picked one task twice instead of having a check that this does not happen so each task is unique.

5 hours ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

and also means you get less Astral Aclaim as you can only complete 1 of the 2 duplicate objectives.

The point of a 4th task for the daily isn't that you get more aa, but that you can choose something doable if one task is too hard or impossible.

More aa is certainly a downside about it from Anet's point of view.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You dont have to do all of them to get daily done the twice one will count double for daily but not rewards so in essence you only have to do 2 objectives to get 3 done for the daily that day.

Yes but this can create an issue, Anet has given us the option to do 3 out of 4 objectives in case 1 of the objectives is difficult for the player or the player is unable to do it for whatever reason. But now if i get a duplicate objectives for one of these undesirable I am forced to do it.

3 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Yeah, the bug is, that the system picked one task twice instead of having a check that this does not happen so each task is unique.

The point of a 4th task for the daily isn't that you get more aa, but that you can choose something doable if one task is too hard or impossible.

More aa is certainly a downside about it from Anet's point of view.

See my above point about the task being difficult, you can get unlucky if you get a duplicate impossible task.

And certain players getting less AA is just unfair, I know it is very little AA but it still shouldn't different between players.

See my above point about the task being difficult, you can get unlucky if you get a duplicate impossible task.

Sure, that's where the bug is.

And certain players getting less AA is just unfair

It's all players.

I've only wvw active and it's the same. 3 dailys +login aa -> https://i.postimg.cc/13xRdxNr/gw998.jpg

Edited by Lucy.3728

17 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Sure, that's where the bug is.

It's all players.

I've only wvw active and it's the same. 3 dailys +login aa -> https://i.postimg.cc/13xRdxNr/gw998.jpg

For your information, not all players select only WvW objectives, meaning they don't get duplicate objectives, and don't miss on the opportunity to get extra AA. That's what Yogurt Goblin was referring to.

4 hours ago, Venport.3925 said:

this has happened to me multiple days in a row so hopefully anet will implement a fix soon and give back lost AA from this bug

A hotfix is unlikely considering it's been an issue for a while, and getting the lost AA back is borderline impossible. Don't get your hopes up.

Edited by Hachimaro.6234
  • Thanks 1

this is the second day this happens in a row for me, on all of my 15 accounts.

yet a few of my friends that didn't select wvw only do have 5 tasks still, so it's not everyone.. just the ones that selected WvW only.

I've reached out to support and all they told me was to submit it ingame.. which is next to impossible to find a fitting category again.

Whether or not you can still complete the daily is irrelevant, it's still a bug. Plus it is causing many players to earn less AA than others.

Even with no bugs it does not look like it is possible to acquire all of the skins and limited rewards during a wizards vault cycle. Currently purchasing everything costs just under 19,000 AA while the theoretical maximum one can currently obtain is just under 17,000.

This gives zero room for any completionists to miss out on dailies because of bugged events or objectives if they want to purchase everything.

Edited by Remus Darkblight.1673
Rewritten whole post for more clarity.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

So for the past weeks, those who have selected WvW dailies from the Wizard's Vault have been getting fewer points that those who select other options. We get only login + 3 dailies, while PvP and PvE players get login + 4 dailies. And so for multiple days, WvW players have been getting 10 fewer points than others. Why? Because one of the dailies is "doubled" or "repeated" in the UI but it gives no points. Today, for example, the "kill 5 enemy guards" was repeated in my UI.

I can prove it with screenshots, but it's a lot of work to edit them all and post them all here (specifically to edit out the stuff on the screen that I do not want to you see, like, for example, degenerate team chat, and my character name, etc.).

This has been ongoing for circa 2 weeks, perhaps more. When will it be fixed? If not tomorrow, why not?

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

It happens to pve people too.

Mainly have it happened to my weeklies where I have 7 instead of 8

Maybe there is a random quality to it all, but for the past 3 weeks, I have one account with WvW dailies + weeklies and one account with PvE dailies + weeklies. For me the problem has only been observable in the WvW dailies for the past week and a bit (and not WvW weeklies or PvE dailies or weeklies). I can only post my observations.

Edited by Adzekul.3104

1 hour ago, Adzekul.3104 said:

Maybe there is a random quality to it all, but for the past 3 weeks, I have one account with WvW dailies + weeklies and one account with PvE dailies + weeklies. For me the problem has only been observable in the WvW dailies for the past week and a bit (and not WvW weeklies or PvE dailies or weeklies). I can only post my observations.

Nah it depends on what expansion you have, core have had the most problem for me up to pof have had it afew times my up to eod I cant remember it happening it all.

It seems to me that Anet did not properly implement the 4th daily slot that was added after launch. Judging from the anecdotal evidence here, having only one game mode selected seems to be more likely to cause the issue. Until it is fixed I can only suggest that players check at least two, if not all three game modes for their dailies and weeklies.

• Sad 1