Unable to charge quarts crystals into charged quartz [Merged]

Kazgrel.7908

As of time of this post, whenever I attempt to charge quartz crystals at a place of power, I get an error message in my chat window:  "That content has been temporarily disabled.  Please try again later."  I swapped from my usual place of power (Earth Hands in Queensdale) to the Durmand Priory one, but got the same result.  Not a huge deal since I'm just making these to stockpile currently, but I also already have skyscale collections done.  Guess I'll be waiting a bit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

When trying to convert 25 Quartz Crystal to 1 Charged Quartz Crystal, it says "That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later." 

And this was capped at 1 time a day. Is there any way, players who need to use this NPC be compensated because it is causing a tremendous delay in doing the Skyscale Quest which requires a total of up to 22 Charged Quartz Crystal... Thanks.

Edited by Vasilios.1258
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Kazgrel.7908 said:

As of time of this post, whenever I attempt to charge quartz crystals at a place of power, I get an error message in my chat window:  "That content has been temporarily disabled.  Please try again later."  I swapped from my usual place of power (Earth Hands in Queensdale) to the Durmand Priory one, but got the same result.  Not a huge deal since I'm just making these to stockpile currently, but I also already have skyscale collections done.  Guess I'll be waiting a bit.

Just replying here to repeat that using the search function in the forums didn't bring up any threads about this at all, including the post by Rubi from 3 hours ago. I didn't see that post by Rubi, Velox, until someone posted it in my thread for that reason. I'm certainly not going to come to the forums and start scrolling through different pages, hoping to come across what I should be able to find with the Search box. Or Google.

45 minutes ago, Bella Rikka.2387 said:

Just replying here to repeat that using the search function in the forums didn't bring up any threads about this at all, including the post by Rubi from 3 hours ago. I didn't see that post by Rubi, Velox, until someone posted it in my thread for that reason. I'm certainly not going to come to the forums and start scrolling through different pages, hoping to come across what I should be able to find with the Search box. Or Google.

why not just click the dev tracker at the top of this page.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discover/6/

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Unable to charge quarts crystals into charged quartz [Merged]

What is wrong with the code? No seriously, for every patch of new stuff, not just does the new stuff release at least partially broken, no, it breaks old stuff too. Is ChatGPT coding for ANet now? This is so terribly frustrating...

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, banshee.9328 said:

I believe it is connected with latest Iron Marches hero point bug. They may temporary disabled crystals to finally fix a problem with interacting with hero points (for example for some collections or achievements) if you had some quartz in inventory.

I'm seeing talk about a way to dupe crystals using the cauldron HP. Wonder if it's related to the bugfix, or if people have been duping for a whole month.

Edited by Whaoz.8630
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

What is wrong with the code? No seriously, for every patch of new stuff, not just does the new stuff releases at last partially broken, no, it breaks old stuff too. Is ChatGPT coding for ANet now? This is so terribly frustrating...

I think.. if chatgpt would be coding for them, they would actually get better code than spaghetti code. all is better than moldy old spaghetti code 😛. apparently they fixed it but i still cant use my quartz for charged one...

UPDATE: Okay, now it's working again. Guess Server had to ramp up with new patch for a few minutes

Edited by Raven Enjoyer.3204

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, wolfer.1830 said:

Did this issue ever get resolved or is it still disabled for others?   I have not been able to charge crystals for 8-9 weeks.  Places of Power do not reset, and can't charge crystals.

This might sound like a dumb question, but are you sure you have the quartz crystals in your inventory when you're trying to charge them?

• Thanks 2