Please make stat-selectable exotic gears more widely available.

Raffrey.5271

I don't see this balance nightmare ending very soon, but if this is unavoidable, at least lessen the pain?

I own like 30 characters. Each was built with some random idea I've had at the time. Most if not all of their equipments and traits templates are fully utilised. Yeah, tons of weird builds. I also have DPS builds, mind you.

Problem is, the balance patches invalidate my builds faster than I re-gear them. To this day, the characters I still actively review their builds, revamp and use are less than five. I mean, depending on what I do recently, it's more like two. One necromancer -- a reaper, to be more specific -- to do general open world stuffs like Kryptis grinding farming. Reaper isn't really my type, but I use it because I don't see it being invalidated very soon. And the other one is mesmer... I don't know what to say about mesmer. All I can do is facepalm. More like double facepalm, actually. I still use it only because it was my only character that have cleared all story chapters before SotO. And I'm using it now just to clear the SotO story chapters as well.

I mean, if you're going to wreak some havoc every so often, can you at least make stat-selectable exotic gears more accessible? Like the bladed set in Verdant Brink. It was nice but lacked chest gear. Or make dungeon currency armors stat-selectable? I hate DRMs, but if you add these to the Tyrian Defense Seal merchant, I think I'd grind some occasionally. No need to make a new set of unique armor skins, crappy skins are fine, just make them cheap. Like the WvW Invader's armors, but in open world.

Please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

They just added stat selectable exotic armor to WvW for a very cheap price.  This is easily the fastest and cheapest way to get stat selectable armor now.  

If you are allergic to WvW, then you can still run verdant brink events and farm airship cargo for stat selectable armor there.  The chest piece is the only one you can’t buy from the vendor, which I believe should change.  It’s exotic armor..  so there’s really no reason to limit the chestpiece on this old content.  

Edit:  If you can afford to swipe for 30 character slots, then you can afford to swipe and buy gold to get any stat exotic gear you want from the TP, or craft ascended.  

Also, balance patches can sometimes be brutal, but needing to re-gear every time makes no sense.  

Edited by Stx.4857
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

If you can afford to swipe for 30 character slots, then you can afford to swipe and buy gold to get any stat exotic gear you want from the TP, or craft ascended. 

PoF and LWS4 era GW2 was great and worth it. Now, not so much.

20 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

Also, balance patches can sometimes be brutal, but needing to re-gear every time makes no sense.  

Yeah... believe it or not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

They literally just added a vendor to WvW that sells the dirt cheap stat selectable exotic armor/weapons. All you need is bare silver + a small handful of badges of honor to get the gear.

(and the VB chest armor is from actually doing the full meta to T4 with 100%+ participation, plus wiki says it's also a rare drop from Matriarch)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

They literally just added a vendor to WvW that sells the dirt cheap stat selectable exotic armor/weapons. All you need is bare silver + a small handful of badges of honor to get the gear.

(and the VB chest armor is from actually doing the full meta to T4 with 100%+ participation, plus wiki says it's also a rare drop from Matriarch)

Its any of the night bosses i think but easiest just to do matriarch.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Raffrey.5271 said:

I own like 30 characters.

Getting legendaries seem to be the only reasonable way to keep that number of chars up to date. In facts that’s what the legendary armory is made for: Get them once, equip them on as many chars (of that armor class) you have and adapt stats whenever you like.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1