What is the weakest profession for SPvP?

Dyfinz.2348

To me the question is too open. Certain classes are good to carry solo/duo que at all levels (old DH) but weren't an optimal pick for highly coordinated teams. Other classes like ele have strong builds that people don't want to play (support). Revenant is another example. It is good if you have a high tier player on it, or someone that is a lot better than their competition, but for the average player it is bad.

I'd say revenant is the worst. Based on the fact that it only has one good build. That build has a steep learning curve, and the build is pretty limited against condi heavy teams.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:I whould say thief. Beside only 1 viable build it seems they are only a mobile class with +1 ability but not much matchups they can win. Even in teamights they getting pretty useless. Its not overall this bad, but i dont see any diversity or anthing else beside the daredevil and his role overall. Did it changed the last years? No? Thief is for me the weakest proffesion, its just great in conquest for +1 and quick decap.

Ele hast more or less 4 viable builds. Avatar sword, freshair core, fresh weaver and tempest. Overall not best but not worst and in different scenarios usefull.

Thief, one 'viable' build, and ele, 4 'viable' builds, hmmmm :thinking:, is it backwards day?

None of the Ele builds are quite as good as D/P Daredevil or S/D Core Thief is. When the enemy has no Thief, running an S/D Core Thief is even better an option. Running S/D or S/P Deadeye is viable as well, in my opinion slightly worse than S/D Core Thief. These Thief builds are all viable, meaning roughly A tier potential.

There are way fewer people willing to play Sword Weaver or Core Fresh Air.. and it's because these two best builds Ele has is falling just short of viable, in the B tier Area now.

fresh air counters power thief as a whole though , phantaram usually does anyway. s/d might be a harder matchup though... condi thief was aids for fresh air ele.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:I whould say thief. Beside only 1 viable build it seems they are only a mobile class with +1 ability but not much matchups they can win. Even in teamights they getting pretty useless. Its not overall this bad, but i dont see any diversity or anthing else beside the daredevil and his role overall. Did it changed the last years? No? Thief is for me the weakest proffesion, its just great in conquest for +1 and quick decap.

Ele hast more or less 4 viable builds. Avatar sword, freshair core, fresh weaver and tempest. Overall not best but not worst and in different scenarios usefull.

Thief, one 'viable' build, and ele, 4 'viable' builds, hmmmm :thinking:, is it backwards day?

None of the Ele builds are quite as good as D/P Daredevil or S/D Core Thief is. When the enemy has no Thief, running an S/D Core Thief is even better an option. Running S/D or S/P Deadeye is viable as well, in my opinion slightly worse than S/D Core Thief. These Thief builds are all viable, meaning roughly A tier potential.

There are way fewer people willing to play Sword Weaver or Core Fresh Air.. and it's because these two best builds Ele has is falling just short of viable, in the B tier Area now.

fresh air counters power thief as a whole though , phantaram usually does anyway. s/d might be a harder matchup though... condi thief was aids for fresh air ele.

S/D thief murders Fresh Air Ele, so not "as a whole", yeah. Watch more Phantaram vods where he solo Qs vs. Hiitzer, Arcane shield blocking is a big component of survival and Flanking/Larcenous go right through.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Xillllix.3485 said:It's shocking after 4000 hours on ele to realize you can do better on a class you've never played...

I know right? Kind of makes you depressed after a bit.

Complex class with lots of skills= trashClass with less then six buttons to combo= top tier???

Ooo, thats rather a wooo-hooo thingie. Due to low number of buttons even a Quaggan can compete with his fishy hands!

I known no one wants to really talk about core, but is my life right now my in this season while i go up and down between plat and gold, so here it is anyway:

Warrior: Condi just obliterate him, its having been really hard to inflict burst, working only in very especific situations so is just borderline pure luck to use. Not using anymore, just dont work for me in this season.Mesmer: While shatter works, i fell im just wasting a spot that could be a mirage, so its doable but im avoiding so a mirage pops in my team.Ele: Yeah, its in a bad spot in general with his specializations, but core ele is doing fine to my surprise. Have to focus a lot to play and its not easy.Thief: Not that bad, lose some mobility without daredevil, but the point of the class on meta is more decap and +1, so its one of the bests as long you dont try to be a hero.Ranger: Wolf protect me! Was good in the last meta, but the amount of pulsing condi AoE destroyed the core ranger.Necro: Is fine, but if you go as core necro, get ready to receive some "humorous" whispers. Scourge outclass so badly that while doable i avoid to not steal a scourge spot, just like the mesmer.Engie: Nope, dont do that.Guardian: Core guardian is... Good! Of course its not firebrand but it gets people offguard a lot and can take part quite well in the condimeta.

So in the end, in Coresville, Warrior, Ranger, Engie are dead. Mesmer is subpar. Guardian is surprisingly good, Ele is fine but takes some time to (re)learn. Thief is good if you play the way it should and you dont go "psh, nothing personal kid", and necro is the ultimate middle finger against your team since it steals a scourge spot.

Archived