Wouldn't mind Super Adventure Box Expansion

Hadi.3167

Hey it's been about 10+ years since Super Adventure box was released and i know it wont ever get finished but i would definitely pay to see the got dang end of Super Adventure box... I mean people asked to finally visit the Wizards tower as a Fractal and they made that into an expansion? My hopes only to see the end of this never ending cliff hanger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Considering the last time the Box returned it had more added into it, I suspect the devs may have some more surprises in store when it comes back around next time, too. That seemed to be the implication, anyways. It'll probably be a while before we know for sure though since we're still a pretty long ways from April Fool's. I admit I'm terrible at SAB but I still always have a blast when it comes back, so here's hoping!

That would absolutely be the expansion I would never buy.  The garish colors, the annoying music, the clash of my character running through pixels.  Nope.   Three weeks of it is enough for me.  

10 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Lots of 8 bit games out there that were designed from the ground up for the playstyle and which do it better. in my opinion.

I agree, I think there are several that are much better visually and more fun, and I would be more likely to play than an expansion's worth of it in GW2.   I know GW2 is meant to be humorous and a nod to the old games.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since MANY players dont like SAB (I do) it will never work as paid content for anet so that will not happen, also making paid expansion from festival that is in the game for 11 years is weird. 

Dunno why you say it will never be finished if finally after 8-9 years we got new part of the map.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Since MANY players dont like SAB (I do) it will never work as paid content for anet so that will not happen, also making paid expansion from festival that is in the game for 11 years is weird. 

Dunno why you say it will never be finished if finally after 8-9 years we got new part of the map.

Those folks need to grow a humor then.  I get the distinct impression those are the very people who claim the game is devoid of “real” content, while also ignoring 7 out of the 8 activity archetypes this game runs on.  

I’m also starting to wonder if this linked to genre illiteracy.  Seeing as they think SAB is too bright and colorful in a high fantasy game with an oil paint color pallet, glowing scifi tech, and friggin MAGIC.

I remember people complaining about Orr being too depressing; and me having to explain basic theming concepts.  

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

Those folks need to grow a humor then.  I get the distinct impression those are the very people who claim the game is devoid of “real” content, while also ignoring 7 out of the 8 activity archetypes this game runs on.  

I’m also starting to wonder if this linked to genre illiteracy.  Seeing as they think SAB is too bright and colorful in a high fantasy game with an oil paint color pallet, glowing scifi tech, and friggin MAGIC.

I remember people complaining about Orr being too depressing; and me having to explain basic theming concepts.  

I agree with you although, I think it is not only the graphics but also a lot of jumping, some people simply dont like it. 

Either way, there is no reason to make expansion about something people doesnt like. Even if its not a majority.

• Like 1

Me not enjoying the same thing as you do does not mean that I need to grow a (sense of) humor. It means that I don't like the same things you do....or that I prefer to scratch that nostalgic retro 8bit itch in a game designed for it and where it is implemented better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

Are you serious?   It made some people nauseous.  I did it once and that was enough for me. Its a niche thing that only appeals to small subculture of fans.  We are all different people and we are not going to enjoy the same things. Its part of life. Deal with it. Consider yourself lucky you get a 3 week festival.   And they want expansions to sell. A SAB  expansion would NOT sell well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...