Well of Tears [WvW] is terrible

Grand Marshal.4098

Not only do I commit into melee with full damage stats and Pistolwhip spam to avoid inc damage, but the crits of the 1.5k/2k range are simply too kitten terrible. 

A heal specter does not equip this well and a damage oriented specter uses it in conjunction with the Elite Well, or else all the damage is lost (if not used to cleave downs).

I propose for this well yo gain drastically higher damage or strip boons per pulse.

The pulsing daze well was very good once, now it's healer locked. The condi well is meaningless. So the only real tool you have for damage outside shroud 2, is Well of Tears and that alone tells you enough about Specter's state in larger scales.

I'm one to wish for most things to be playable in large scale (which is possible, but I digress) so I think Thief has a place with Specter becoming a bit like old dps scourge between minor barrier share, damage and strips. 

The Heal Well should also gain something unique to necessitate a spot in your slot, since the dodge heal is much more worthy for a Specter.

• Like 1

I don't really even see the point of it when there's no trait path for strike damage builds or even non-scepter builds. Specter needs a lot more work put into it than just buffing the Well if it's ever gonna be a rational choice for a strike dps build, otherwise it should just be scrapped for something else. I'd prefer having strike dps Specter option though; then we also have Staff and Rifle as an option.

The pulsing daze being removed is quite sad. Why they even bother in first place when they already hated choking gas so much (which not only doesn't pulse but since it dazes literally at all it's not allowed to do good condi DPS)

And to remind people again, Scepter Daredevil coulda been nice in WvW Zergs cuz of easy Shadowsquall access, but sadly Bound Finisher for stealth does not work in Zergs due to ally fields being everywhere and messing up the personal combo. A real shame it'll never be fixed.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 3

I could see them taking away the pulsing daze to dampen the secondary modifiers from Interrupts thinking they're stronger than they are in real time use. On that note, with Anets current balancing trend, I don't see them adding a lot of readily available area boon strips even at a 5 target cap unless they take a turn on that heavily across the board. 

I mean in most cases, you can't really make specter a good damage dealer or support otherwise it just becomes better than the other classes in large scale because it can also peel/reset for itself.

This is kind of the point a lot of us were trying to make when a support spec for the class was announced.  Either the capabilities and skills are individually good and the spec becomes OP like it was on its old healing/res build, or it stays bad because it requires too much engagement with the rest of its mechanics which are bad in large-scale combat.

• Like 1

Considering anet changed multiple traits to require stealth blinking and shadowstep spam around the time of EoD launch, it seems they wanted Specter to be the "shadowstep elite". So we can assume the wells are underwhelming on purpose specifically for that reason: to be an additional shadowstep first and foremost. Its kind of pointless to ask them to buff Specter since every change they've made to it has gutted it further into obscurity. And they think thief is in a good spot.

Spoiler

Blue thief, green thief and edgey greatsword thief are more fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

Considering anet changed multiple traits to require stealth blinking and shadowstep spam around the time of EoD launch, it seems they wanted Specter to be the "shadowstep elite". So we can assume the wells are underwhelming on purpose specifically for that reason: to be an additional shadowstep first and foremost. Its kind of pointless to ask them to buff Specter since every change they've made to it has gutted it further into obscurity. And they think thief is in a good spot.

Hide contents

Blue thief, green thief and edgey greatsword thief are more fun

actually, its pointless to even have these threads as they fall on deaf ears in the first place. i took hours to revise the bugginess of scorpionwire on conjunction with basilisk venom and ive only gotten 2 likes on the kitten page. it would have been a start

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

actually, its pointless to even have these threads as they fall on deaf ears in the first place. i took hours to revise the bugginess of scorpionwire on conjunction with basilisk venom and ive only gotten 2 likes on the kitten page. it would have been a start

I doubt would even make a difference tbh.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1