Wizards Tower trial...a few questions.

Tom.6478

I usually hate these things, but for whatever reason I have got pretty good at this one. I have managed to get silver but not gold and the mastery point. I know you have to do it in 4 mins, but I see no timer. I don't know if I'm close or not.

Also, at the end, there is a pair of boots you can click on. But it says best to leave alone. What the hell is that about? 

Also. When it's a called race. It asks for party mode....what is that?

Lastly and this is a tip that I learned after many tries. The second room. Jump two squares, circles or diamonds at a time. Pretty much a sig sag pattern. By doing so, it almost automatically times the on and off times. Just figure out your path two at a time. If you do it right, you can get through that room faster than any of the others. 

Anyhow, I would love to hear your thoughts on this and perhaps any tips.

Idk about the boot thing, haven't tried party mode, but I guess it will just compare times at the end. The patern in the second room is always the same, so it's only about getting the timing right, if you're fast enough you should even be able to wait for it to reset and still get gold.

One thing you can do if you're not doing it already is to glide across the spinning pillars in the third room, moving vertically instead of diagonally, it's a huge time save. 

• Thanks 1

Pattern in room 2 has a very nice shortcut. The platforms always rotate the same cycle. So you basically wait before Diamond triggers and make sure to land on the first platform slightly after it triggered. Then just head diagonally up, which crosses about half the room in 1-2 seconds. You end up on a platform where you can rest and figure out the rest.

Gliding vertically works good for room 3 as @jason.1083 has already mentioned.

You can save some time in the first room if you wait with starting the adventure before the beams are about the line up. You are not waiting until they line up, but before their outer edges touch. Then start running. That way you can get most of the room done. Also, before starting the adventure, stack up swiftness if possible.

I hate to bring this up again, but I'm starting to think there is some kind of bug.

As said before, I'm usually not good at this sort of thing. Still it's one of those things with a little practice, I can be good.

I have watched videos of people getting gold. I'm not trying to brag, but I have done it maybe as much as a minute shorter....still no credit.

Am I missing something or is there a bug?

There is no reason for you to guess, there is a timer at the top right which counts down from 9 minutes and 59 seconds.

To get gold you need to complete the trial in under 4 minutes (thus as long as that tumer remains above 5 minutes and 59 seconds you should be fine), which means you have on average 1 minute per room. Once you reach the end you are also told your total time.

If you have completed the trial, your time is below 4 minutes and you are not credited with gold, make a screenshot amd submit a ticket.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

15 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

There is no reason for you to guess, there is a timer at the top right which counts down from 9 minutes and 59 seconds.

To get gold you need to complete the trial in under 4 minutes (thus as long as that tumer remains above 5 minutes and 59 seconds you should be fine), which means you have on average 1 minute per room. Once you reach the end you are also told your total time.

If you have completed the trial, your time is below 4 minutes and you are not credited with gold, make a screenshot amd submit a ticket.

Thanks for your post. I just checked again, and I get no timer. I also checked the videos that I have seen.....they have the timer that you mentioned.

It does seem I may have a bug.

One other thing I might mention. Maybe it's as its designed.... I don't know....If I do it more than one time on any given day, I only get the chest reward the first time. After that I get nothing no matter how fast I do it.

24 minutes ago, Tom.6478 said:

Thanks for your post. I just checked again, and I get no timer. I also checked the videos that I have seen.....they have the timer that you mentioned.

It does seem I may have a bug.

One other thing I might mention. Maybe it's as its designed.... I don't know....If I do it more than one time on any given day, I only get the chest reward the first time. After that I get nothing no matter how fast I do it.

Chest rewards are daily and limited to 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze chest.

The timer not showing up might be a setting issue, or a bug. Nonetheless once you complete the trial/adventure you are informed of your total time spent and ranked.

I had no problem getting gold on my second sucesful try (before I had a few failed runs cuz I didnt know I can glide). Definitely doable. And it looked like theres a ton of time to shave off further.

I dont really have any tips as I really only did it till I got gold. The hardest room is the first room where I tried to jump over multiple tiles in one turn if possible. Not sure if its required for gold though.

Beyond that its really straightforward. 

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Did you actually start the adventure? 😄

Oh boy....I got to say I'm a little embarrassed now.

"Did you actually start the adventure?"

That was exactly my problem. What an idiot I am...lol

For whatever reason I never looked to my left. I just went straight for platforms. I guess I figured just teleporting into the room started it.

Anyhow, thanks to all that replied. Sorry for wasting everyone's time. 

Edited by Tom.6478
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tom.6478 said:

Oh boy....I got to say I'm a little embarrassed now.

"Did you actually start the adventure?"

That was exactly my problem. What an idiot I am...lol

For whatever reason I never looked to my left. I just went straight for platforms. I guess I figured just teleporting into the room started it.

Anyhow, thanks to all that replied. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Mistakes like these happen, no need to feel embarrassed. Glad we figured it out and you can now go for Gold! 😁

• Like 1
  • Confused 2