So is Soul Battery entirely useless on a Harbinger?

Ariurotl.3718

Useless? Non-functional? 😅

No, is even worse, because every time you change map or do similar things you will lose part of the life force you have accumulated (this happens because traits are deactivated and reactivated).

To be fair, the trait should be changed so that it reduce the LF consumption by that amount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Wait... thats true , i didn't even calculated that for such a long time, ty for pointing that out, i was proudly explaining how soulreaping is so great for harb life force management to new players , now i feel like a jack a ss.

Should rework it for harb , like loosing 4% of life force every sec instead of 5 , or maybe make your stacks of vile reduce your max hp by 1% instead of 1,5%.

13 hours ago, Seuchenherbst.2746 said:

If you think THAT's bad, check out the GM trait Unholy Sanctuary on Harbinger. But yeah, Soul Battery is useless on Harbinger.

hahaha , i will try it , think i am not gonna be dissapointed , trait just make you go in harbringer form for like 1 sec then  you are downed ?

14 hours ago, Seuchenherbst.2746 said:

If you think THAT's bad, check out the GM trait Unholy Sanctuary on Harbinger. But yeah, Soul Battery is useless on Harbinger.

Well, at least Unholy sanctuary offer a decent regen effect while in harbinger shroud. You'll still get a minimum of 135 hp/s out of it at full blight in PvP. And in PvE it's not impossible to draw up to 280 hp/s at full blight out of it.

Soul battery, on another hand, offer absolutely nothing to the harbinger.

Personally, i'd be fine if Soul battery bonus was replaced by a +X% damage reduction while in shroud. It wouldn't be nice from Scourge's point of view since it might feel a bit starved for life force but I don't see it as much of a bother either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

trait just make you go in harbringer form for like 1 sec then  you are downed ?

Pretty much.

2 hours ago, Ariurotl.3718 said:

Yeah, not exactly the same thing. Sanctuary at least does half of what it's supposed to do on Harbinger and you can just not pick it at all considering that there are two other options. Soul Battery is a dead trait you can't opt out of if you want to run Soul Reaping.

Not the same, true, but I highlighted it because it's a grand master tier trait which is, as you agree, at least half useless on Harbinger.

Transfusion is another GM trait which doesn't work as intended on Harbinger, because as far as I know they still haven't fixed it so Harbinger receives the healing.

4 minutes ago, Seuchenherbst.2746 said:

Not the same, true, but I highlighted it because it's a grand master tier trait which is, as you agree, at least half useless on Harbinger.

Transfusion is another GM trait which doesn't work as intended on Harbinger, because as far as I know they still haven't fixed it so Harbinger receives the healing.

Well... It's true that harbinger is far from being perfect, yet, somehow, it kinda work as it is.

On 10/20/2023 at 8:31 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Well... It's true that harbinger is far from being perfect, yet, somehow, it kinda work as it is.

I have a strong suspicion that the devs will never try to "fix" Harbinger because it somehow turned out to be a viable spec despite all the flaws, and they have no idea how that happened and they don't want to risk messing it up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Seuchenherbst.2746 said:

I have a strong suspicion that the devs will never try to "fix" Harbinger because it somehow turned out to be a viable spec despite all the flaws, and they have no idea how that happened and they don't want to risk messing it up.

I'm pretty sure it's more about being confortable with ignoring it than fearing the possibility of messing it up.