Ranger 5 second stun needs to go

Deadmoose.6594

Lmao moose mains mes, are u serious?????? Wtf haha I've seen everything now. Ur complaining about stealth bursts when ur main literally has thee hardest hitting stealth burst cheese in the game not to mention being the literal definition of toxic design, the class is literally more toxic designed than thief, I'm not saying mesmer or any of its elites are op, just speaking from design perspective. And about the ranger stuns again are u all right in the head? Mes can stunlock and burst a player hard from stealth and has far more damage mitigation than ranger. A mes and its elites can avoid damage almost as long as a warrior, and has cc that def rivals rangers as far as being annoying. I suggest u learn ur class man. These forums are legit becoming unbelievable. U legit are just losing to better players 

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Mes can stunlock and burst a player hard from stealth and has far more damage mitigation than ranger.

Avoiding damage isn't damage mitigation. Going invis, blocking, or distortion is not mitigation in my opinion. The class itself is actually glass when it can get hit.

"

mit·i·ga·tion
/ˌmidəˈɡāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. the action of reducing the severity, seriousness, or painfulness of something.
    "the emphasis is on the identification and mitigation of pollution"

"

Again nobody is addressing ranger downstate stun and rapidly full healing.

Edited by Deadmoose.6594
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I love it here. Never would I have expected players to actively refuse to use their defenses, get washed, then instead of using the defenses come to the forums to discuss why the thing they could have blocked or reacted to hitting them means the thing is overpowered. 

Such a crisp meme. Truly delightful. Thanks for brightening my day a little. ❤️

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Avoiding damage isn't damage mitigation. Going invis, blocking, or distortion is not mitigation in my opinion. The class itself is actually glass when it can get hit.

"

mit·i·ga·tion
/ˌmidəˈɡāSH(ə)n/

noun

1. the action of reducing the severity, seriousness, or painfulness of something.
    "the emphasis is on the identification and mitigation of pollution"

"

Again nobody is addressing ranger downstate stun and rapidly full healing.

I just cant lmao, man all I can say is u clearly kno very little about the classes in this game, how they are played and how they are countered. With ur clearly minimal knowledge of this games pvp and its classes u have absolutely 0 base nor the ability to be able to make any claims of any class being op. Like I refuse to believe ur being serious with all these posts, I'd be like me jumping into LoL which I don't play, learning the basics of a class or two than start calling out other classes in the forums that beat me as op even though I know nothing about them or how to counter them or even the basics of their kit(which u admitted freely). Just crazy hahaha

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I'd rather get farmed than use underhanded tactics to win.

I don't like to use invis, which is my choice. I'd rather not beat people that way. I don't like to use moa either, because it feels like a low class way to win. Taking someone out of combat completely and then bursting them down is low class.

Also you deflected completely and didn't address that ranger downstate is op.

If you don't like to win by underhanded tactics why did you choose the class whose entire identity revolves around using illusions and deception to win fights? Underhanded tactics are literally the backbone of the mesmer class.

• Thanks 5

44 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Why did I have a feeling a mesmer main would be saying the most asinine takes? They have proven through history to be the most unhinged, rage-filled individuals that claim everything and anything is broken when it slightly inconviences their tactics. 

Because power mesmer builds are high risk high reward and super glass. They are basically the benchmark of maximum damage output, so you can safely weigh how that damage does against literally any spec to gauge how powerful a spec is in terms of survivability and its ability to do its own damage.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Why did I have a feeling a mesmer main would be saying the most asinine takes? They have proven through history to be the most unhinged, rage-filled individuals that claim everything and anything is broken when it slightly inconviences their tactics. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

This should explain everything in detail about mesmer mains.....

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Actually explains everything about warriors, rangers, eles, scrappers, and thieves

Lmao go into wvw and play against mesmers who actually kno their class, they can 1v3 almost indefinitely and take almost 0 damage due to all their damage avoidance while doing good damage, a good mesmer 8n wvw is almost unkillable and ur in her complaing about other classes haha sad man just sad, u play the thee most toxic cheese class along side thief, u have 0 credibility to call any class cheese or op.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Because power mesmer builds are high risk high reward and super glass.

48 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Ah look at that ranger stunning and two melees focusing me down in like 1 second.

You're playing a 100-0 build which in your own words is "super glass", and you're complaining about getting 100-0'd?

I say you're just getting a fine taste of your own medicine and experiencing the same feeling others do when facing your build:

1 hour ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

What a fun game.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marckan.9526 said:

You're playing a 100-0 build which in your own words is "super glass", and you're complaining about getting 100-0'd?

I say you're just getting a fine taste of your own medicine and experiencing the same feeling others do when facing your build:

Yeah it's funny that someone playing a stealth burst one shot build is complaining about other class's cheese, but oh I'm sure he doesn't play that build like the rest of the players do on that class haha

• Haha 1

Let's just take a sample of his recently posted topics from the last couple of months.

• Ele needs an adjustment
  • The Warrior Nerf
  • REMOVE DUO Q
  • Nerf everything (my personal favourite)
  • Scrapper need a nerf again
  • Last post, uninstalling the game
  • DUO Q SHOULD BE REMOVED
  • Conquest sucks
  • Thief is too powerful and needs to kitten off

This is not the posting history of someone who has a healthy relationship with the game. It's either some A grade troll behaviour or my guy needs to step back and take a break.

Either way, do please carry on.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2023 at 9:40 PM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah it's funny that someone playing a stealth burst one shot build is complaining about other class's cheese, but oh I'm sure he doesn't play that build like the rest of the players do on that class haha

I don't moa out of principle. Anything that removes a player from using any defensive abilities at all is an abusive mechanic and needs to go in pvp. All abilities mention that there is a slightly different function to them in pvp, but for some reason moa has 0 change. With how bursty this game mode is, its instant death if you get moa'd. Do I use distortion? Yes. Do I use Signet of Illusions? Yes.

On 10/20/2023 at 11:56 AM, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:
  • Ele needs an adjustment
  • The Warrior Nerf
  • REMOVE DUO Q
  • Nerf everything (my personal favourite)
  • Scrapper need a nerf again
  • Last post, uninstalling the game
  • DUO Q SHOULD BE REMOVED
  • Conquest sucks
  • Thief is too powerful and needs to kitten off

1) Anything with burst aoe spam needs adjustment.

2) Warriors still need nerfs despite the recent nerf

3) Yes

4) Yes, game mode is too bursty and damage needs to be slightly lowered for all classes

5) See point 1

6) I feel like this all the time

7) Yes

8. Yes again

9) Yes

10) Overall invis is too powerful

Almost all of my posts are great feedback imo and should be reviewed by the balance team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

In summary from above, the balance team sucks and doesn't put a lot of effort into the game mode at all. This is undisputable and we all know it. It's all minimum effort balances to appease the loudest crowd, which is why I come on here and voice my opinion over what I hate in this game, which is a lot. I enjoy the competition of it and trying to overcome the other team, but when things happen like I get moa'd, it's kittening stupid. I'm not sorry for saying any of this and I won't change my mind.

15 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Are you the reaper i stunlocked on my Support Druid in my last game?

He kept typing "lol carried by immob" every time I killed him. 

--He was right, but it just made it all the more fun to bully him.

Never used those exact words but definitely complained about ranger stuns.

Doesn’t help that literally every match I’m either paired with and/or matched against a ranger. What does that tell you?