The LFG is so empty to you because people blocked by you now also make squads they're in not show up in LFG for you

Phoenix.7928

10 hours ago, Xainou.1502 said:

You can keep claiming that all you want, but I just tested it today and I'm able to see squads containing the resident meta troll who's been on my blocked list forever just fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not claiming, I'm stating facts. Enjoy your bubble.

• Confused 4

Yea Op is correct just tested it with my 2 of my accounts.

Joined a random w5 commandless lfg blocked 1 person in it left could not see squad.

Unblocked joined back with main made him commander.

Joined with my second account blocked random person left could not see squad even if commander was on my friend list.

Same thing happened if I blocked my main account that was commander at the time as it should.

But some random in a squad lead by me should not block it from the lfg.

1 minute ago, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

It sounds to me like the moral of the story is:

Don't get constantly offended and block everyone and the LFG won't be empty.

Yea might be time to prune the block list.

Funny thing is if the OP never made this thread I would not have noticed guess the Eu lfg is quite healthy then

Edited by Linken.6345

On 11/3/2023 at 12:45 AM, Phoenix.7928 said:

So if you block me for calling your mum seven slurs because I'm a insufferable kitten then you can't see that meta squad that I've joined. It vanishes off your LFG list. You can still join via "/squadjoin someone" should you happen to know that it's there and you know someone's name in it, but in LFG it's hidden to you.

That happens if ANY person you blocked happens to be in that squad. Doesn't have to be the commander. Just some random guy you blocked five years ago in PvP or whatever. That means blockworthy people can screw you over permanently now. Feel free to hop in the game and be a raging kitten to others then laugh at them because you being in a squad now hides that squad to them so it's much harder for them to find squads now. Great game design, right?

Edit:

Example: player A blocks player B because reasons. Player B joins some meta chain squad. This squad is now hidden to player A in LFG because someone player A blocked happens to be in that squad.

Edit2: GW2 players are fine with not being able to join a meta train because some kitten they blocked happens to be in there. Not the reaction I expected, but sure. Enjoy your game.

The entire playerbase/current generation of gamers has gone nuts with blocking people on the internet/in game/in real life, and the devs are ridiculous for acquiescing to this type of behavior. Makes for a very passive aggressive toxic environment, (which is ironic, because I think they're goal is to make it less toxic).   I guess the message is, if the community "ostracizes" you in all their wisdom, you should just quit the game, and the devs agree.  Also you'll find no support in these forums for anything criticizing the game, as I am 99% convinced the "players" on the forums are either anet employees or AI, who will defend/"laugh/confused" emote you, and approve of and defend any decision anet makes, no matter how detrimental it is for the game as a whole.

But yes I agree with you wholeheartedly that this issue you raised is beyond ridiculous and toxic/harmful to the game, as a vet player (playing gw1 in 2004, to preset) and real human.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 11/5/2023 at 6:40 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't see a problem here. If someone you blocked someone, clearly you don't want to have anything to do with them. Why would you need to see their squads if you have no interest in interacting with them?

50 people squad, do u really gonna care about it?

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Phoenix.7928 said:

I'm not claiming, I'm stating facts. Enjoy your bubble.

As far as I checked you're not stating facts at all since I also was able to see the squads the blocked person joined. What "bubble" is this supposed to be?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea Op is correct just tested it with my 2 of my accounts.

Joined a random w5 commandless lfg blocked 1 person in it left could not see squad.

Unblocked joined back with main made him commander.

Joined with my second account blocked random person left could not see squad even if commander was on my friend list.

Same thing happened if I blocked my main account that was commander at the time as it should.

But some random in a squad lead by me should not block it from the lfg.

It did not work for me.  I tested it with a friend's group and blocked a few of them while in VC and asked them to do different things with LFG.

One was non-friend list commander blocked.  I could see his LFG.

One was originally Friend listed Commander blocked.  Could see his LFG.

One was non-friend list block joining non-friend listed commander's squad.  Could still see the LFG.

One was non-friend list block joining friend listed commander's squad.  Could see the LFG.

Last was two non-friend listed blocks, one commander and the other just in their squads.  I could still see the LFG.

So far every LFG I tested had a person I had blocked and I could still see and join them despite the different combinations I tried.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Xanhawk.3806 said:

It did not work for me.  I tested it with a friend's group and blocked a few of them while in VC and asked them to do different things with LFG.

One was non-friend list commander blocked.  I could see his LFG.

One was originally Friend listed Commander blocked.  Could see his LFG.

One was non-friend list block joining non-friend listed commander's squad.  Could still see the LFG.

One was non-friend list block joining friend listed commander's squad.  Could see the LFG.

Last was two non-friend listed blocks, one commander and the other just in their squads.  I could still see the LFG.

So far every LFG I tested had a person I had blocked and I could still see and join them despite the different combinations I tried.

Was anyone of them in your guild? Because when I tested it with my alts, any combination I tried removed it from the lfg, the only thing the accounts had in common was one guild, which I didn't wanted to leave just for this test. So the whole block system seems to have some obscure secrets too.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Was anyone of them in your guild? Because when I tested it with my alts, any combination I tried removed it from the lfg, the only thing the accounts had in common was one guild, which I didn't wanted to leave just for this test. So the whole block system seems to have some obscure secrets too.

Only the one on my friend list was. The others were all part of another guild that we occasionally do Strikes as fill ins with.  None of them are in our guild tho.

My friend listed one wasn't used for any of the testing outside of him starting an LFG and me joining because I suspected that being in the same guild might affect the outcome.  All the other combinations I tried were with the other guild.  Only thing I didn't try was having one of them block me.

I also didn't test multiple blocks outside of Commander and one other.  Each block was a different person, so I used 6 different people to test this.

Edited by Xanhawk.3806
  • Like 1