Suggestion to improve Heal Untamed

LoganFlynn.1859

Current Nature's Shield - To be quite frank. I don't see this trait ever get used unless it's in sPvP. But even then it's such a niche trait considering the fact that Heal Untamed is a thing now, so I think replacing this trait would overall make Untamed more attractive in general AND as a Defensive Support role. 

Nature's Shield re-work. - What this trait accomplishes is giving heal Untamed easy access to Stability and not just a single stack, no no, 3 stacks of Stability so that it's more robust. But on top of this, I feel like the Cantrips could be a unique way to giving out boons to allies as you can easily choose which boons to give your allies because of the Unleash mechanic.

• Do you want to give more uptime of Quickness to allies? Go for it via Nature's Binding , Or maybe, you just realized that everybody is crippled, slowed and weakened all of a sudden. So you Unleash your pet to give Resistance to everybody through, again, Nature's Binding. Instead of press X Button to give boon to allies like most classes, you can directly choose which boons your handing out. 

Adjustments to Untamed Skills (My Reccomendations)

Forest's Fortification : Reduced all boon durations from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PVE, sPVP and WvW. Stability stacks are decreased from 10 to 3 in WvW and sPVP. Superspeed is unchanged in all game modes.

Unnatural Traversal : Increased Regeneration duration from 6 seconds to 9 seconds in all game modes. 

Mutate Conditions : Increased Vigor duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Increased Fury duration from 6 seconds to 7 seconds. 

Exploding Spores : Increased Protection duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.

Tell me your thoughts! I would love to hear what people think of making Heal Untamed a viable Defensive Support role. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Why would Anet support heal untamed as a buid when heal Druid already exist and performs really well? Haven't you realised that each class has 1 build per spec (sometimes 2) per gamemode supported by Anet?

Anet already defined Untamed as an dps/offensive boon support and i would rather they make it more viable so it sees play time.

Edited by Acyk.9671
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I really like the idea of sharing boons with traited cantrips! That decision sounds like a great one to have as a support Untamed. It seems similar to soulbeast traited stance sharing.

I can understand supporting a single heal build if quick/alac were freely swappable for heal professions like it will be with chronomancer. However, if a profession can offer heal support play through multiple elite specs, then I'd like dev support for it regardless. I see this as no different from offering multiple dps or support dps options across the elite specs of a profession. I'm probably discounting the additional balance required to give comparable heal support capability to an elite spec that didn't have it previously. 

As work with chaos and inspiration spec lines in mesmer has shown, support can be built into core spec lines instead of putting it all into the elite spec. This argument may be premature until we can see it in action on the 28th. 

Edited by Scynte.1340

On 11/5/2023 at 8:27 PM, LoganFlynn.1859 said:

Current Nature's Shield - To be quite frank. I don't see this trait ever get used unless it's in sPvP. But even then it's such a niche trait considering the fact that Heal Untamed is a thing now, so I think replacing this trait would overall make Untamed more attractive in general AND as a Defensive Support role. 

Nature's Shield re-work. - What this trait accomplishes is giving heal Untamed easy access to Stability and not just a single stack, no no, 3 stacks of Stability so that it's more robust. But on top of this, I feel like the Cantrips could be a unique way to giving out boons to allies as you can easily choose which boons to give your allies because of the Unleash mechanic.

• Do you want to give more uptime of Quickness to allies? Go for it via Nature's Binding , Or maybe, you just realized that everybody is crippled, slowed and weakened all of a sudden. So you Unleash your pet to give Resistance to everybody through, again, Nature's Binding. Instead of press X Button to give boon to allies like most classes, you can directly choose which boons your handing out. 

Adjustments to Untamed Skills (My Reccomendations)

Forest's Fortification : Reduced all boon durations from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PVE, sPVP and WvW. Stability stacks are decreased from 10 to 3 in WvW and sPVP. Superspeed is unchanged in all game modes.

Unnatural Traversal : Increased Regeneration duration from 6 seconds to 9 seconds in all game modes. 

Mutate Conditions : Increased Vigor duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Increased Fury duration from 6 seconds to 7 seconds. 

Exploding Spores : Increased Protection duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.

Tell me your thoughts! I would love to hear what people think of making Heal Untamed a viable Defensive Support role. 

This is incredible bad and would kill all other untamed builds.

Support is boring and we already have Druid. 

• Like 1

For an Adept trait, it is too big. It is like Leader of the Pack, but not a grandmaster... 
But putting boons on unleashed pet skills is great idea!

I thought stability on mace ambush, but soon I realized, that is a terrible idea. Even if mace will be a support weapon, ambush skill will be used for quickness so it cannot be timed when needed.

17 hours ago, Acyk.9671 said:

Haven't you realised that each class has 1 build per spec

That's not true. It is the opposite direction. They want the support roles in different specialization, not dedicated roles for each specialization. 
(if you want to play a heal alac, play druid, but if you want to play druid, you can play heal alac, condition dps, or alac condi dps- not good, but still playable)

Hi all!

The issue with heal/quick untamed is the fact that it is overloaded on the Staff Ambush skill. We are also missing a secondary support set, which will probably be Mace main hand down the line. However, we can iron out performance through cantrip and trait tweaks.

My suggestions:

Ambush refresh on Weapon swap default and not tied to Let Loose - to improve overall options for builds as it will enable the other 2 GM traits to compete again.

Nature shield - Cantrip and Ambush skills grant barrier in an 360 AOE around the caster(ranger) Base values reduced, Healing power scaling  improved. Obviously nerfed values for PvP and WvW

Cantrips in general - Provide boons in an 360 AOE around the caster(ranger)

Exploding spores -  Furthermore each spore heals 5 allies when it detonates for a mediocre amount. Has 2 charges. CD adjusted. Nerfed for PvP and WvW

Forest's fortification - Furthermore reduced CD in PvE to 60 seconds.

Mutate Conditions - instead of converting conditions to vulnerability, converts to boons (it is not a corruption Necromancer skill with low CD to have a penalty, it is more like the Guardian meditation utility)

Perilous Gift - CD lowered to 25 from 30 seconds in all game modes. 

Let Loose - both PvE and PvP/WvW provide might (3 stacks) AND quickness on ambush. PvE quickness the same duration, Might duration 12 seconds. PvP and WvW might duration the same as currently, quickness 1.5 seconds.

Enhancing impact trait - changed from boons on CC to addition boons to unleashed pet F1-3 skills. Venomous outburst provides 6 seconds on fury, Rending vines provides 6 seconds of regeneration, Enveloping Haze provides 6 seconds of 2 stacks of stability. All in 360 AOE. PvP and WvW durations halved.  

Stability could be moved from perilous gift to mutate conditions, which would match up with dolyak stance for stunbreak + condi remove + stability, and even somehow still manage to be slightly worse / even as Dolyak gives damage reduction vs mutate conditions full clear for vuln.

I don't like stability on cantrip trait (with their other effects it probably could get out of line quick); nor would they let nature's binding boonshare--they barely let let loose share quickness in PvE. 

Also don't think they should touch forest fortif outside of maybe making it 75s and no hit requirement to reduce CD.

The overall problem they have with untamed is competitive--for instance, the unleashed #3 is a hate bubble, so can't stick stab on that too.  I think competitive is reason they wouldn't put boons on unleashed pet skills, they already have bonus effects, but you have to CC to get those to activate.    

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

On 11/13/2023 at 11:25 AM, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

I found that to be this spec's greatest weakness when attempting to be the primary healer in fractals/raids. We can put out large amounts of healing consistently and apply plenty of the major boons, but we have 0 options for group stability.

This. The specialization is fine for raw Healing output but my main issue is boon access that makes sense for only Untamed. Every other Healer has access to a specific set of Skills that fill the role of Healing or boon application. Then there's Untamed that has to use non cantrips to simply upkeep 25 Might for example. Whereas Healbrand can easily access loads of different boons without sacrificing much of the utility slots. 

My point being is that you're incentivized to using cantrips to output boons, but you're not locked into them. And of course the zero access to Stability which is very bad.