Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake does not apply the nourishment boon [Merged]

GODh.3892

Thanks for posting this, it really annoyed me yesterday. I'm a casual player that likes to use the free birthday cake on all my characters and refresh it frequently before events. The fact I have to wait for it to expire, then wait for malnourished to expire to reapply it is just bad design.

I understand the argument for not wanting to overwrite ascended food, but is this really a thing that people are struggling with? I've NEVER accidentally lost ascended food buff by eating a cake and I'm doing metas with people all the time.

• Like 3

Noticed this yesterday. When placing and consuming a Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake it no longer refreshes it's buff. You now have to wait until both the Nourishment AND the Malnourished buffs have expired, but you can no longer refresh the remaining duration. A quick check of the GW2 Wiki entry (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feast_of_Delectable_Birthday_Cake) shows that there is a Bug noted at the bottom of the page:

Unlike the Birthday Blaster, the feast's effect is unable to override either itself or the Malnourished effect, only allowing reapplication every 35 minutes.

So the wiki knows about the bug but do the devs know about it? Is it a bug or intended? Would be nice to get some sort of clarification on this. Seems like it would be better to use the Birthday Blaster to gain the same effect until this is fixed. *shrug*

EDIT: Found another discussion on this topic:

Edited by Grizzly UK.1209
  • Like 1

Noticed this yesterday. When placing and consuming a Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake it no longer refreshes it's buff. You now have to wait until both the Nourishment AND the Malnourished buffs have expired, but you can no longer refresh the remaining duration. A quick check of the GW2 Wiki entry (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feast_of_Delectable_Birthday_Cake) shows that there is a Bug noted at the bottom of the page:

Unlike the Birthday Blaster, the feast's effect is unable to override either itself or the Malnourished effect, only allowing reapplication every 35 minutes.

So the wiki knows about the bug but do the devs know about it? Is it actually a bug or intended? Would be nice to get some sort of clarification on this. Seems like it would be better to use the Birthday Blaster to gain the same effect until this is fixed. *shrug*

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Orion Templar.4589 said:

Prior to this patch you could eat the cake while malnourished. After this recent patch, I've observed I can no longer eat the cake while malnourished.

Yes, having the same issue. Hopefully, it will get fixed.

3 hours ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

The cake is a lie.

😄

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake does not apply the nourishment boon [Merged]