Provisioner tokens in the Wizard Vault?

There's a lot of ways to get them though already. I've been stacking up through HoT maps over the past few weeks alongside the SoTo maps. There's other vendors in the core cities and wvw etc too

I'm not sure I see the need for them in the Vault - at least at this early stage

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1

You basically get a free one from Black Citidel each day with an Obby Shard, and Lions Arch if you have tons of Mystic Stones. Auric Ignots are super cheap/free for Auric Basin.

I dont need tokens atm but I still grab those ones in case something evil comes along one day.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

There's a lot of ways to get them though already. I've been stacking up through HoT maps over the past few weeks alongside the SoTo maps. There's other vendors in the core cities and wvw etc too

I'm not sure I see the need for them in the Vault - at least at this early stage

4 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

You basically get a free one from Black Citidel each day with an Obby Shard, and Lions Arch if you have tons of Mystic Stones. Auric Ignots are super cheap/free for Auric Basin.

I dont need tokens atm but I still grab those ones in case something evil comes along one day.

TBH I really hate waypointing around and going to the merchants to buy them. I already did it for my leggy armor and, idk exactly what it is but I find it a pain in the kitten. There is so much garbage in the WV that can be replaced so I don't see any harm in it. When it comes to gaming, I don't have daily routines. I do what I enjoy, which is combat. 

• Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

@Beast Sos.1457 In case if You don't know. If you like combat than you can kill CM raid bosses, some of them are trivial and do not stand out much from the NM encounters, and they still award you with Provisioner Tokens. ^^

I do CMs when I can but I don't see them up too often. It is a good source of tokens if you can consistently do them. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

I do CMs when I can but I don't see them up too often. It is a good source of tokens if you can consistently do them. 

Hmm nothing to add here than. In my personal opinion on the actual topic, I think they shouldn't add this tokens to the Vault, but it would be nice to add a special provisioner merchant (to some of the exclusive pass locations or to the entirely new one for example) that would have provision deals from all other maps. Much like it is resolved with all fishing baits being in one place in this Cantha themed pass.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Hmm nothing to add here than. In my personal opinion on the actual topic, I think they shouldn't add this tokens to the Vault, but it would be nice to add a special provisioner merchant (to some of the exclusive pass locations or to the entirely new one for example) that would have provision deals from all other maps. Much like it is resolved with all fishing baits being in one place in this Cantha themed pass.

Why do you think it shouldn't be added? There are so many useless items in the WV. I do like the idea of having one merchant who has them all. Would definitely be a improvement. 

• Confused 3

I am all about QOL, but I am not really into easing things way too much. We already got plenty of legandary crafting mats from WV, like Clovers, Coins, Laurels for T6, even pure gold. So just in my opinion i don't think it should be given so easly away as well. Legendaries should require time and effort, we both know how effort in gw2 looks this days but at least time can stay similar imo.

1 hour ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

Why do you think it shouldn't be added? There are so many useless items in the WV. I do like the idea of having one merchant who has them all. Would definitely be a improvement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

I am all about QOL, but I am not really into easing things way too much. We already got plenty of legandary crafting mats from WV, like Clovers, Coins, Laurels for T6, even pure gold. So just in my opinion i don't think it should be given so easly away as well. Legendaries should require time and effort, we both know how effort in gw2 looks this days but at least time can stay similar imo.

Fair point. I see where you're coming from. I personally really liked the merchant idea you gave. I would definitely be happy if they did that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I briefly looked at working on getting provisioner tokens, and the thought of going to a bunch of different maps to interact with vendors really had no appeal to me.  It isn't hard, but it isn't very interesting and I'd rather be spending my time doing something better than that.

So putting a vendor in central locations with all the exchanges seems like a good idea to me.  I can't really believe that waypointing around is meant to be an important part of the process.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I briefly looked at working on getting provisioner tokens, and the thought of going to a bunch of different maps to interact with vendors really had no appeal to me.  It isn't hard, but it isn't very interesting and I'd rather be spending my time doing something better than that.

So putting a vendor in central locations with all the exchanges seems like a good idea to me.  I can't really believe that waypointing around is meant to be an important part of the process.

It is mainly busy work

• Thanks 1

Does anyone actually like busy work?  I can't see that it really changes game play metrics or anything (daily purchases do that), as if someone has X time to play a given day, and need to spend Y time doing busy work, it means that the amount of time they are doing enjoyable content is X-Y.

If Y was reduced to near zero, they would probably still spend X time in the game.  I just don't really see how having a player WP around to a bunch of different maps to interact with vendors adds anything for anyone.  One of my biggest complaints of GW2 is the amount of busywork one has to do.

• Like 1

I still have 600+ or so ... from the permanent AP reward chests. (Where I turned in the mystic forge stones daily as soon as I bought the infinite salvage tools from the gem store. :D) For people that need a lot of it quickly (without having planned ahead) they are meant to have some cost ... to be a bit more annoying. No need to add them into the vault when there are ton of options already in the normal play.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I still have 600+ or so ... from the permanent AP reward chests. (Where I turned in the mystic forge stones daily as soon as I bought the infinite salvage tools from the gem store. :D) For people that need a lot of it quickly (without having planned ahead) they are meant to have some cost ... to be a bit more annoying. No need to add them into the vault when there are ton of options already in the normal play.

How do you get provisioner tokens from AP chests? I have 22k AP and never got a single one. The cost isn't the issue. 

• Confused 1