Legendary Spike

Mhina.1827

Hey guys,

I'm not gonna lie; at this point, I'm not too proud to beg. I've been hunting for a Legendary Spike for like 4 weeks now. I've gotten a couple a long time ago, but upon the recommendation of others, I merely sold them. Now that I need one to complete conflux, 4 weeks of rampaging through every camp, tower, and player I could find either solo or in a zerg has yielded absolutely nothing. I've completed over 7 gifts of battle and 2 triumphant armor lines and I think have gotten over 400 skirmish tickets, but no spike. I'd like to insert a rant about how having a component of a legendary be totally rng based feels frustrating and totally unrewarding, but that's a different topic. For now, has anyone noted a higher drop rate of these things at any particular location or from any particular mob? Would appreciate any insight.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

They aren't that high drop rate but if you play WvW a lot you'll have hundreds of them. With decent base magic find one might drop every 6 hrs or so maybe? 

Anecdotally I agree with the above poster. Solo roamers should get good numbers of these spikes from camps. Probably from the supervisor. Also from tower and keep lords. 

33 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

They drop from kills. Zerg battles should net you the most kills. 

Keep a stack of each material or check what is needed for before selling. Yes I sell them but have a stack of them in bank.

I unfortunately kept over 6000 memories of battle in my bank for a rainy day (they sold for about 40g each)...then the prices halved with the expac xD

1 hour ago, Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

I unfortunately kept over 6000 memories of battle in my bank for a rainy day (they sold for about 40g each)...then the prices halved with the expac xD

They went down becuz of the Mist Boxes, then went further down ad Wizard Vault was introduced and changed the daily/weekly system.
Hindsight is 20/20, shuda dumped when the boxes got announced.

As for the spikes, absolutely keep a minimum of 3 in bank, 2 for Conflux, 1 for Warbringer, IF one desires to make those.

Edited by MercurialKuroSludge.8974

On 11/14/2023 at 5:50 PM, Justine.6351 said:

I assume you got one about 2 hours after this post was made.

This lmfao hilariously enough, after 4 weeks and making this post, two dropped in the same tower siege and I was able to complete conflux lol

On 11/12/2023 at 11:21 AM, Svanhvit.4387 said:

What is your magic find?  I've gotten 2 this last week.  Put on all the magic find buffs you can and see if that helps. 

I appreciate everyone that responded. I boosted my magic find to over 400% and that seemed to do the trick lol can't believe I didn't consider doing that before. Thank you very much. 

Edited by Mhina.1827
  • Thanks 1