SOTO drops and what to do with them?

I have been asking and word in game is most of the drops are for crating legendary armor or weapons. If so, do the drops have any other purpose? All 8 of my characters are setup with Full Ascended gear, weapons, and trinkets. I am not interested in Legendary since based on my understanding unless I am a raider or PVP/ WvW player it holds little value for me (All I can think of is not needing trans stones but I buy those off the Wiz Vault).

So with all this said, I have 1616 unusual coins, 10.3k of static charges, etc.. and it seems like they have no use for me based on my not being interested in Legendary gear?

Side note: This is not a complaint, just a question 🙂

Edited by Mysty Meadows.1425
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Guild decorations and minis as well. Legendary and the exotic armour collections are the overwhelming funnel for them though

This. Right now, besides the armor (collections and legendary armor), there's a few minis and guild decorations and some other collection items.

Then each currency type has a weapon set attached to it for crafting:

Pouches of Stardust - Shaman's Stormforged weapons
Case of Captured Lightning - Storm's Eye weapons
Clot of Congealed Screams - Grieving Consecrated Saryx weapons

Also, each currency (along with some research notes) can also be used to purchase some relics.

That seems to be all the uses I could find right now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

This. Right now, besides the armor (collections and legendary armor), there's a few minis and guild decorations and some other collection items.

Then each currency type has a weapon set attached to it for crafting:

Pouches of Stardust - Shaman's Stormforged weapons
Case of Captured Lightning - Storm's Eye weapons
Clot of Congealed Screams - Grieving Consecrated Saryx weapons

Also, each currency (along with some research notes) can also be used to purchase some relics.

That seems to be all the uses I could find right now.

Tempted to buy relics and salvage for luck..hmmm

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Is it worth it for luck though? I mean salvaging gear and crafting with articifer seems more efficient?

Or did you mean salvage for research notes?

You need research notes to buy the relic, no idea if it is worth it. But getting notes is not too tough.

Edited by Mysty Meadows.1425
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

I have been asking and word in game is most of the drops are for crating legendary armor or weapons. If so, do the drops have any other purpose? All 8 of my characters are setup with Full Ascended gear, weapons, and trinkets. I am not interested in Legendary since based on my understanding unless I am a raider or PVP/ WvW player it holds little value for me (All I can think of is not needing trans stones but I buy those off the Wiz Vault).

So with all this said, I have 1616 unusual coins, 10.3k of static charges, etc.. and it seems like they have no use for me based on my not being interested in Legendary gear?

they go for money that go for skin

• Like 1

I feel the same about Soto rewards as the opp. It looks like Soto is build around farming essences by doing rifts. But I have no need for essences at all. And thus I don't use gold to create or buy motivations. And get almost no rewards in closing rifts. Looked in wiki and forum, but did not find anything interesting. Yes there is a small chance of dropping ascended item in higher level tiers if you use your motivation, but hey, this is for free when doing Tequatle, And get 2 gold. So whats left?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Albadaran.1283 said:

I feel the same about Soto rewards as the opp. It looks like Soto is build around farming essences by doing rifts. But I have no need for essences at all. And thus I don't use gold to create or buy motivations. And get almost no rewards in closing rifts. Looked in wiki and forum, but did not find anything interesting. Yes there is a small chance of dropping ascended item in higher level tiers if you use your motivation, but hey, this is for free when doing Tequatle, And get 2 gold. So whats left?

This matches my experience. Playing SotO content is some of the least rewarding activity 8n the game for me. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

I also don't have any interest in the open world legendary armor as I already have the raid armor, so I have just been using the essences to craft motivations and sell those, and the map currencies to craft the weapons that can be exchanged for provisioner tokens and selling those. Outside of that unfortunately they don't hold any real value unless you plan to work towards the new open world legendary armor at the moment. 

Unfortunately they have hard pivoted to bringing in new players vs catering towards some of their existing players (I say some because I know a large amount of people actually have wanted the open world legendary armor option for a while, so it at least caters to them). Otherwise I think a lot of us are just crossing our fingers and holding our breath for the next expansion already and playing other games in the meantime.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoffeePlease.3082 said:

I also don't have any interest in the open world legendary armor as I already have the raid armor, so I have just been using the essences to craft motivations and sell those, and the map currencies to craft the weapons that can be exchanged for provisioner tokens and selling those. Outside of that unfortunately they don't hold any real value unless you plan to work towards the new open world legendary armor at the moment. 

Unfortunately they have hard pivoted to bringing in new players vs catering towards some of their existing players (I say some because I know a large amount of people actually have wanted the open world legendary armor option for a while, so it at least caters to them). Otherwise I think a lot of us are just crossing our fingers and holding our breath for the next expansion already and playing other games in the meantime.

Amen...I thought I was alone in my view of the current rewards lol

• Like 1