Disappearing weapons , cape and mining tools - graphics problem or GW2 software problem?

Avelione.6075

For about 3 months now I have this annoying bug(?) on all my charters that the weapons and capes keep on just not displaying. I waited patiently if maybe one of the many updates would fix it, sometimes it seemed so but the problem came back again. It also doesn't seem to be influenced by my graphic settings as much - maybe slightly ?? (I don't think the reason is on my ens, tbh)

My characters  just run around with empty hands, making all the gestures and holding animations, including effects but no weapons display! It seems to be a bit random but occurs most often when I dismount/engage in combat from a mount, similarly with gathering resources. The ONLY thing that fixes it (until the weapons/cape/etc disappear again) is doing a close up to 1st person perspective and going back to 3rd (I do it with mouse wheel).

This is horribly irritating by now, because I have all those cool weapon skins and capes and I want to see them, of course!

I have all the weapons and cape set on visible in the equipment bar. Besides, the gathering tools disappear too, so I don't think that matters here. Anyone has similar issues?? Can you help me?

I'd rather not go to the Support if I can save myself that 😜 thank you!

• Confused 2

I have that pretty often, especially in WvW. Not that much with the weapons but with wings and capes. sometimes it dissapear everytime I get in combat, sometimes every time I get out of combat (stowed weapons). I am almost sure I have this bug since PoF. 

Other people still see it normaly so not sure what the issue is but it is here for years.

There is also a glitch and or Bug with dolyaks in WvW. They are rarely actually where they show on the map and often I have a hard time targeting them. I asked others if this was an issue and it was also confirmed by a whopping 20 other players. PLease fix this, I am so close to my achieve but often they make it to the door due to the fact that I cant target them. Thanks.

Nero.3108

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Nero.3108 said:

There is also a glitch and or Bug with dolyaks in WvW. They are rarely actually where they show on the map and often I have a hard time targeting them. I asked others if this was an issue and it was also confirmed by a whopping 20 other players. PLease fix this, I am so close to my achieve but often they make it to the door due to the fact that I cant target them. Thanks.

Nero.3108

So since this have nothing to do with the thread maybe start a new one?.

And yes dollys do get desynced easiest to kill them is to use a range weapon target and run forward untill your auto attack start showing numbers then you see were it is.

Since you seem to be a long term player what account got temp/perma banned to instigate this new one on the forum?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2023 at 5:37 PM, Cernoch.8524 said:

I have that pretty often, especially in WvW. Not that much with the weapons but with wings and capes. sometimes it dissapear everytime I get in combat, sometimes every time I get out of combat (stowed weapons). I am almost sure I have this bug since PoF. 

Other people still see it normaly so not sure what the issue is but it is here for years.

I also often have it in WvW. More then in other game modes. Either way it's super annoying!

ANET why are you selling all those cool weapon skins and capes if half of the time we cannot see them?!? XD

Everyone,TANK YOU for comments! ❤️

I've had this happen to me only lately in WvW. Not the occasional few second delay after loading but for example weapon just not loading.

Now I havent played wvw much in the last week so I don't if its better now. I haven't seen it in other game modes.

But I didnt really think much about it because it was after a patch and it's wvw where things sometimes get wonky with too many players on screen or even just on the border.