I miss this game so much.

Sian.7419

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 11:12 PM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Then you can philosophize about it: if every piece of it was swapped out at some point in its history, but only rarely and never more than one at a time, at what point does it stop being the same computer? 😆

I've had exactly that situation before. My thinking is most changes are upgrading the same computer, but when I replaced the motherboard and CPU (and the graphics card) it became a new computer, partially because those are the main 'body' of the computer so I had to disconnect everything to change them and partially because it replaced the BIOS and I had to reinstall Windows so it was a more noticeable change.

If I replaced the hard drive I'd also have to reinstall everything, but there's only been once where the hard drive failed first and then the rest of the computer was so obsolete it wasn't worth keeping anything except the mouse, keyboard and screen.

Incidentally replacing the motherboard and CPU was a good introduction to building a computer. It meant I got to see it already put together but I had to take everything out and then figure out how to connect it all up to the motherboard, which meant figuring out what each bit inside the case actually was. Although I'm glad the first change I ever made by myself was just adding new RAM, because that's just a matter of finding the right slot and clipping it in.

You don't need a powerful PC to play GW2

If you buy second hand you can probably get a good enough PC to play GW2 for $150-200. 

(that's only counting PC ofc. Not screen and so on. But even then, you could just hook up your TV)

Will need to do some research on the parts though

PC gaming doesn't have to be very expensive. Unless you want 120 fps and/or 4k in new games etc

I think most console gamers think of graphics and fps when PC comes up. Also mouse/keyboard at a desk.

But PC is so versatile. You can hook it up to you big screen TV and use a controller.

Will need to be games with controller support. Games with no support can be mapped to a controller though, with varied success depending on the type of game it is.

But even then, wireless mouse and keyboard is a thing.

THere's such a huge amount of games available that doesn't demand much power from your PC. 

And for all the talk about "console exclusives". PC really has the best exclusives imo. Nevermind that both XBOX and PS games are releasing on PC nowadays too after some years of launch exclusivity.

AAA games you can adjust graphics settings and there's SOOOOOOOOO many GOOD low demanding games available on steam

I think most of the games I play doesn't demand very much graphical power

Edited by jokke.6239

• 3 months later...
On 11/20/2023 at 2:03 AM, Sian.7419 said:

So this is more of a rant/chat/I miss this game discussion as I haven't had a PC for about 7ish years now, this game was shown to me by a very good friend as I adore ESO and Skyrim and now as I'm console due to pc costing 20 kidneys, I miss this game! Alot.

I miss my Char and getting so lost as the game is so big and I loved how everything had a story but I just can't afford a pc, let alone keep up with the ever changing demand of graphics cards and powerful gear.. putting one together is out of the question as well (my income is low) everything I own is I believe 8 years behind!.

I'm in no way a computer nerd either so console was my next obvious choice.. it was affordable and stayed relevant for ages.

Sorry if this isn't allowed here but I was wondering if anyone else and their character has been lost to either not owning a pc or unable to afford one, am I alone here?

Thankyou for reading 🙂

So I just wanted to add that a Gforce now slot opened up! The 6 hr for a tenner slot! 

The game runs well on a Samsung galaxy S6 lite surprisingly well! Better than the pc I'd say!

I saw my character for the first time in forever and actually cried.

So happy to be back!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sian.7419 said:

So I just wanted to add that a Gforce now slot opened up! The 6 hr for a tenner slot! 

The game runs well on a Samsung galaxy S6 lite surprisingly well! Better than the pc I'd say!

I saw my character for the first time in forever and actually cried.

So happy to be back!

Welcome back OP

I have a gaming PC, but I also have a laptop I bought in 2020 for 350 euros or so, which can play GW2 just fine. That's cheaper than any PS5 model. Surely if you had the resources to buy a PS5, you can save up for a laptop or cheap PC, no? A decent PC is not too expensive, it gets expensive only if you want to have the best graphics and play the latest games, there are plenty of good games out there which can be played on a cheaper PC, so I'd recommend buying one.