Teleport+Burst was removed from rangers and eles...but left untouched on guardians/thieves/mesmer/revenants

Arheundel.6451

And I am here asking myself where is the integrity to justify the validity of this balance approach. It's not that anybody can disagree with the idea that teleporting with instant damage on top of a target, cannot be considered a valid gameplay option.  The problem is that the concept does not get applied equally

1. Willbenders
  2. Specters with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadowfall
  3. Chronomancers
  4. Revenants

Where is the equality?.....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 12

21 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Warrior could really use an Elite that gives them Invulnerable for 3s then recharges their Burst and Adrenaline. 

Would still be worse then renewed focus. 

We need to be infight to get the full effect. With adrenaline being gone in 0.1s ooc. 

And refreshing a single skill with like 5/6 s CD is also worse then refreshing 3 skills with up to 50s CD. 

That skill would need a CD of like 20s max to be on par. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Would still be worse then renewed focus. 

We need to be infight to get the full effect. With adrenaline being gone in 0.1s ooc. 

And refreshing a single skill with like 5/6 s CD is also worse then refreshing 3 skills with up to 50s CD. 

That skill would need a CD of like 20s max to be on par. 

Just make Sword 2 a 1200 range shadowstep. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

And I am here asking myself where is the integrity to justify the validity of this balance approach. It's not that anybody can disagree with the idea that teleporting with instant damage on top of a target, cannot be considered a valid gameplay option.  The problem is that the concept does not get applied equally

1. Willbenders
  2. Specters with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadowfall
  3. Chronomancers
  4. Revenants

Where is the equality?.....

Has teleport been removed from Unnatural Traversal for Untamed?

And is teleport on Lightning Flash removed from Eles?

Trying to find out cos don't play these 2 classes.

13 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Has teleport been removed from Unnatural Traversal for Untamed?

And is teleport on Lightning Flash removed from Eles?

Trying to find out cos don't play these 2 classes.

Unnatural Traversal has been given a windup time to prevent the burst combo. This means no more instant teleportation, it will have a very noticable telegraph that cannot be skill queued to perform large instantaenous damage, abit like Revenant Shiro's Phase Traversal.

Actually, I'm curious: why is Revenant listed by OP? PT has a very noticeable windup, and it often costs the burst because it can be reacted and dodged and cannot queue up skills behind it, with any skill cast after PT completed having its full cast time augmented by Quickness. Deathstrike is also similarly delayed by its initial gapclose and can be reacted to and dodged. There's also Frigid Blitz which is even more of a joke because you have to throw an axe that has to connect to a target to even begin teleporting. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Its called Rush and it hits hard as well.

Don't forget to consider that Rush:

fails like 50% of the time, either because it rushes past the enemies, or just launches you up into air. Or at least it behaved that way when I last played it.

is 1200 range, not 1500.

doesn't fill three bars of Adrenaline.

doesn't lead to a burst phase, because Greatsword just doesn't hit hard enough for that and is easily avoidable, even for PvE enemies these days.

is not even a Shadowstep or Teleport and doesn't even have evade frame during it's travel time, so doesn't apply to the topic of this thread.

1 hour ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Warrior could really use an Elite that gives them Invulnerable for 3s then recharges their Burst and Adrenaline. 

This would need to be an instant ability and have a cooldown of like 30 to 40 seconds to be worth anything.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Don't know about eles (doesn't lighning flash still has no activation time?) but unnatural traversal got nerved because you could insta-down people out of nowhere with the GS5+teleport -> GS2+tail swipe combo. Willbenders don't have much hard cc (if at all), so you can dodge/block when they teleport to you, revenants ports have all activation time iirc and specter can lock you down, but doesn't have enough burst potential to kill you without any time to react. Can't speak about Chronos though

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Speaking of not getting applied equally. Rangers are allowed to shoot arrows beyond their set range on longbow 1500-1800, all other types of long range are subjected to their set max range 1200-1500. So where's the equality in that? 🤭

I would like to know this too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I would like to know this too.

Something something projectile hate something something LoS something something not fair. 

On the same note, why are some CC skills allowed to do damage in competitive while others still do 0 damage despite having longer cooldowns or cost resources to cast or land? 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

On the same note, why are some CC skills allowed to do damage in competitive while others still do 0 damage despite having longer cooldowns or cost resources to cast or land?

Underwater skills are OP.

More seriously, I don't know whether your talking about these one or not but some CC skills have built-in follow up strikes that are meant to deal damage. Only the first strike deal close to no damage on those skills.

6 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Underwater skills are OP.

More seriously, I don't know whether your talking about these one or not but some CC skills have built-in follow up strikes that are meant to deal damage. Only the first strike deal close to no damage on those skills.

Underwater is such a mess lol.

Some class Underwaters are not made on the same level as others. 

On 11/23/2023 at 12:10 AM, ric.3875 said:

Don't know about eles (doesn't lighning flash still has no activation time?) but unnatural traversal got nerved because you could insta-down people out of nowhere with the GS5+teleport -> GS2+tail swipe combo. Willbenders don't have much hard cc (if at all), so you can dodge/block when they teleport to you, revenants ports have all activation time iirc and specter can lock you down, but doesn't have enough burst potential to kill you without any time to react. Can't speak about Chronos though

Pretty much this. Things get nerfed when they become noticeably dominant in sPvP. If something has a similar combo but isn't proving to be dominant, then the assumption is that the combo isn't as strong on that other profession for one reason or another, otherwise it would be just as dominant.

Now, I wouldn't say that this principle is always met perfectly equally, but nerfs are generally at least somewhat applied according to the tall poppy principle.