Staff rundown

Lan Deathrider.5910

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah. Just goes to show one of the bigger mechanical flaws of that spec.

The new Opportunist will be great on it. Merciless Hammer will be as well on that pull. But this is something we'll need to keep an eye on once the beta opens up. Maybe Staff will need to grant Adrenaline when you heal other allies.

Valiant Leap at least should be a Blast Finisher. Not sure about the water field on Path to Victory.

I actually missed that the Primal Burst immobilizes lol so yeah adrenaline will flow like a torrential river - just requires dropping Disc for Arms, which has it's own interesting perks. 

3 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

I actually missed that the Primal Burst immobilizes lol so yeah adrenaline will flow like a torrential river - just requires dropping Disc for Arms, which has it's own interesting perks. 

Yep. It comes down to how much weapon swapping do you really need to do, and if you really want that CD reduction on Berserk Mode. Arms/Tactics will open up no Precision builds, grant a steady amount of adrenaline, and offer support. Its just a matter of do you run Core with Discipline, or forgo Discipline on the especs.

like where things are going, but depending on how it tests out today there may be a few things that are needed.

5 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Interesting. I really need 1 blast finisher though. We should spam the forums for it. This is a change that needs to happen. Either the burst skill or a weapon skill needs to have a blast.

I thought Valiant Leap should have a combo blast finisher, feels odd that with support relics like Karakosa recently added they didn't think of this for the support weapon.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

• The Bursts look nice. I can see some troll builds with the Primal Burst and that 2s Immobilize.

Free decap eats if you don't dodge it and dont have a cleanse. Troll? I will do this unironically.

• Dat Pull 👨‍🍳💋

Shuts up ranger pets real good when untamed/good base pet F skills are getting mashed to stop damage

• Over in WvW/PvP I think this is going to replace your greatsword...

one thousand percent correct. This makes me slightly more upset that they removed the triple spin from GS. I would have ditched it anyway.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

After a short and sweet test in PvE, here are my icks:

• Staff 3rd auto/burst/primal burst SFX need to be something else. It's actually very distressing. Feels like an alarm going off with quickness.
  • Too much regen.
  • Staff 3 needs to have both effects regardless of which cast, ally or enemy. The ally cast is amazing, but in PvE it's just not gonna happen. Just let a weaker version of the support stuff happen on even enemy cast and we're in business. 12 second cd for subgroup wide aegis is just too busted besides, so that needs to go regardless. Like, what? 10 seconds cd with alacrity for 5-stack-wide aegis? plus heals and prot? And stunbreak? And 3 unblockable procs? No. We can't do that.
  • Staff 5 feels weird; maybe it's bugged, even. I'm not sure how the block works quite yet, and tbh I'm scared that pigeonholing the build into spamming all it's potent boons in that small window will make it super unfun. A channeled block that gives you a 3 second window to spam everything of value to be optimal? No thanks.
  • Might and fury uptime are also way too free.
  • It feels like this weapon was developed pretending the banner utilities don't exist, nor "For Great Justice". Especially banner of defense. Why bother when you can aegis/stunbreak every 10 seconds with a weapon skill and you already have infinity +1 regen?

Things I like:

• Feels good. Auto animations they chose are nice. Other skills feel powerful too.
  • Pretty effects. I like the glowy gold stuff. Makes me feel powerful. Good work.
  • All the other SFX feel better. Staff 2, Staff 3, and Staff 4 sound awesome. They also look awesome.
  • Healings seems decent, at least on berserker.
  • Yay, we can finally heal on warrior without it being a meme (at least on berserker).

On 11/27/2023 at 7:05 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

• Dat Pull 👨‍🍳💋
  • Over in WvW/PvP I think this is going to replace your greatsword...

DAT PULL 🥵

Damage too low in WvW/PvP presently imo.

Looks curiously similar to my proposed hammer rework but with support 👀 

Edited by oscuro.9720

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Not that I've done it yet, but that pull into a quickened 100B must feel nice.

I bet you're not wrong. I haven't done a combo yet with staff since I've been hopping back and forth to try other classes' weapons as well. But just those other players laying at my feet after the pull and them trying desperately to get back to the zerg I pulled them out of - so much satisfaction.

I wish the staff wasn't support but it still has it's fun sides.

7 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I bet you're not wrong. I haven't done a combo yet with staff since I've been hopping back and forth to try other classes' weapons as well. But just those other players laying at my feet after the pull and them trying desperately to get back to the zerg I pulled them out of - so much satisfaction.

I wish the staff wasn't support but it still has it's fun sides.

Bear with me... Pull into Backbreaker.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed warrior staff. I didn't test it out too extensively though.  (EDIT 12/4/23: PoV of a strictly PvE player. Did not test in wvw or pvp)

• I'm hoping to see the AOE on most support skills in every class get extended range a bit. Bladesworn alac is amazing because it's massive range allows the boons to reach some kiters, tanks, people doing some mechanics that has them stand a little further away from group, and other ranged style builds. Wouldn't mind seeing this weapon get this treatment along with most classes AOE support. Heck, might be able to turn a weapon-specific trait into various things, like a support AOE range extender if they ever go back to the idea of removing weapon-specific traits. 
  • Also the Line Breaker skill feels slow and clunky. The animation and effects give off the impression that you should be nyoom'ing but it doesn't feel like you're going much faster than just running with swiftness, if that. I haven't tested this against someone just running, just felt like that. Also all that flashy stuff and I only effect 1 ally. stun-breaking my entire subgroup with this would be some amazing utility. Like a flashy "Shake it off"
  • Would also like to see EITHER this weapon get a CD reduction + other buffs from a trait line like adding it to warhorn trait buffs, OR go with their original idea of removing CD's and weapon specific buffs from trait lines and replace them with more general stuff like making dps, boons, or heals, or even tankyness/survivability a bit stronger. Then just apply cooldown reductions directly to the skill in patches when needed for easier balance and more build variety (people not taking a trait-line just for their weapon CD's)... I'd personally prefer the ladder, but that's a bit of up-front work for possible easier rebalancing later on. 
Edited by Ironhide Wolf.3275
Added where my point of view comes from.